Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 13 Bug Topic

Draigh

Nature base tree sap does not do what the description says for the location Nature Base Tree. Also, the chance of finding it is 1% (I think), not 95%,

Professor Chastellain's Back Office (Ability) say's it's 15%, but mod tools looks like it's 1%

Imperial Interrogation Suite: Room 5 - should that get updated for Rallying? (Description says bonus to all Bully skills, and Rallying got added afterwards)

Discern Unspoken Whispers (from Godina Park: Icanyke's Statue) - has an "effect" of expand Gates (the parent skill) in addition to expand 3 SS on a random Gates skill, is that WAD?

Match wits with the Emperor Sphinx - description of the ability and the location says expand 3 skills (choice, random own, and random), but the "effects" portion has an extra expand random... WAD?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, and I'm tied to the hip to the Sphinx for some of my characters, but read the description. the action and the room descriptions both say 3. (after the roll) the item before the roll isn't mentioned. (and really, this is a pretty OP ability...)

Familiar adventure... Silent Alice (Not sure of the name really). Part: The Book. I took the hide option (success / Failure?) and it reads: "You don't know if you have the skill to shrink (Familiar name), the book and yourself" - (Familiar name) is not a link though, and should be pointing to Silent Alice

This is such an odd issue that I suspect it's either already well known or unique to my game because of some mistake on my part, as I can't imagine it going unnoticed. For some reason when I use an ability that raises a skill by more than one skill step, I can never raise a skill past a level increase. For example, I used Tutoring Services (+3 skill steps) on Phemes, which is presently at level six and has one of two skill steps necessary to level up. If I increase the skill by three skill steps, you'd think I'd go up to level seven plus two skill steps (skill level eight requires four skill steps). However, I just end up going up to level seven flat, which means I didn't gain as many skill steps as I should. However, if I use Tutoring Services (or any similar ability) on a skill that still needs three or more skill steps, everything plays out normally.

Eon;

Thanks for reporting!

That is actually correct behavior- no matter how many Skill Steps you gain, you can only increase the Skill Level once at a given time.

That's a relief. I figured whatever it was couldn't have gone unreported for so long with so many other people on here who know the mechanics better than me.

I just realised that I started my game with DLC 13 oO so I dont know if the bug I found is already fixed (OK is not ^^).

But there is a Background that gives -25 Parent Approval and as soon I used Correspond once it did go up to 3

Edit: same bug happen with DLC 14 and reaching Study level 10 in Music what give me + 5 to Parent Approval but instead of ending with -20 I end with +5.

Edit2: Not sure if a bug but Enchanted Horn is typ Hand and not Musical Instrument.

Potions 5, voice failure – ‘…chooses to ignore you since N\A’s in the middle of his zapping story – as his arms wave…’ N\A is wrong, and no space between story and the hyphen.

After following your parents instructions, maybe the first part of the Gates adventure chain should be force triggered? Someone new to the game could be very confused on what they're supposed to do next... an adventure pop would at least be familiar, similar to how the tutorial adventure works.

I'm not sure but it looks like Random Event Common Room 1 the Investigation don't work

When Success in the Investiagtion you get [Add]Add Subject/Memory/Pixie attack

But the Negation Exit ask for [Existence]Prerequisite, Existence/Memory/When Pixies Attack (At last acording to Moddb 3)

Acording to the ModBase 3 Aranaz versus Durand 03 Exit 3 have no Roll even with mentioned in the Text that its a Voice Roll and there is a Failure Path

(Its kind of crazy that even with the game out so long and we reported so many bugs already that there still bugs found in very old parts of the game)

Bright day

I keep getting bugs on certain adventures, but they are one shot adventures and I always forget what their name was. In one you learn about a fairy tale, get bullied by an upperclassman Theodore and go on adventure with Herbert Downes. There is a lot of %High Relationship Student%s in there, there is.

Second is an adventure where I break into professor Ringrayer office and then discover damaged airship. After I buy parts for the ship I am suddenly thrown into a situation where something wants to be my familiar...

Archived