Black Chicken Studios Forums

Big Mods and Mod Tools

ShiningCity

So, I've been doing a mod for personal use, but I may be releasing it at some point. Its basically an entire alternate main story line. I really want to do a lot of events set up like DotF, but I doubt its super practical. Any one have idea on how to do something like that?

Whats the longest any of you guys have spent on a single mod? I've got like a couple months now I think. I know Mikka is working on a pretty big one.

Also I would like so say, thank you for the mod tools. I've been recently coding a whole game from scratch in php/mysql, nothing as complicated as Academ, and I have to say, modding tools for this game and like, SC and such, make me feel like I'm accomplishing so much more than I feel like when I work on my own game. Everything is so nice and polished and accessible. Whoever made the mod tools, I love you.

Good luck! I can't wait to see what you're working on. :) It's crazy, but it gets more fun as you start going, right? /grins

(And pass on my thanks too, Legate!)

Looking at dates, it seems I started the actual modding on June 30th. Writing for the mod started a bit before that- probably late April or early May. Thinking about it, though, I feel like I haven't gotten that much done at all... ;; I need to be working harder.

Good luck! I can't wait to see what you're working on. :) It's crazy, but it gets more fun as you start going, right? /grins

(And pass on my thanks too, Legate!)

Looking at dates, it seems I started the actual modding on June 30th. Writing for the mod started a bit before that- probably late April or early May. Thinking about it, though, I feel like I haven't gotten that much done at all... ;; I need to be working harder.

indeed, stop your shirking. lazy fellow :P

• 3 months later...

Archived