Black Chicken Studios Forums

Cool Kickstarter Thread

Schwarzbart

I just found out that people on Steam get a higher reward level on the Artifact Red-X Kickstarter oO.

So if you have backed them and have a Steam account best have a look here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=147495953 and consider your actions.

*******STEAM SPECIAL PROMOTION***********************************************************************

For steam users who pledge for one of our rewards on Kickstarter, we will AUTOMATICALLY promote you to the next level of rewards FREE! Make sure when you pledge you send us a message with your Steam account name!

THIS IS NOT BEING OFFERED TO NON-STEAM USERS. LIMITED TIME ONLY!

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Want Artifact Red-X - Support us on Kickstarter! http://kck.st/12f43aR

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Little Witch Academia is a free (government sponsored) animated short produced by Studio Trigger (Formed by all of Gainax's best ex-staff members) for Anime Mirai 2013, they also uploaded the popular episode onto youtube with english sub.

Now there's a Kickstarter for a second episode which has already been funded within 6 hours.

Edit: The $2000 pledge sold out like hot cake.

Sadly there is allways a black sheep and according to a News on Kotaku there was recently a KS project that can't deliver the promised rewards and now the creator have to somehow earn enough money to pay back over $US 120k to refund the backers.

The KS project that managed to make it into this bad news is The Doom That Came To Atlantic City from Jun 2012.

I just wonder how he managed to burn trough $120k this fast!

Well, honestly, I think the more likely scenario is:

Not all the $120k was spent, but enough of it is gone that they can't easily refund everyone. Its possible they still have $100k, but raising $20k to pay back is still pretty daunting.

@Freespace ~10k-12k are already gone bevore he even recived the money as Amazon take 3-5% and Kickstarter 5% of the 122k.

But even the money he got then isn't all his as he have to pay tax on it what bit off a other large chunk of the money.

Given that he only looked for $35k at first even if he burned trough a extra $20k already it shouldn't be enough of a problem to stop it even if he have to push the release back by 2-3 years because he need to take a dayjob for his own living and so only can work part time on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I droped out of Project Phoenix as I already lost games thanks to this acivate once DRMs because the key server is no more.

Beside it sounds like the Character system is only equipment managemant for the player as the team dont like micromanagemant in games beside that the combat is RTS and not TBS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a big bunch of accounts that only backed this project,when someone raised attention to it all these accounts changed location and name overnight.

Using celebrity pictures are shady enough though still explainable but there's a backer called Alivia Das with the photo belonging to missing woman Alivia Kail....

There's another game that got funded but is clearly against the spirit of Ouya's intent

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1997247042/gridiron-thunder-awesome-indie-football-game-for-o/comments?cursor=4054498

183 backers raised 170k in the end but at first many backers pledged huge amount of money without accepting rewards and apparently they are not doing the game themself and are just contracting it out

Ouya refused to acknowledge that the two games are trying to scam them and as a result many indie developers got really mad

(I am following all of this because my little cousin somehow is whining for an OUYA <_< )

Archived