Black Chicken Studios Forums

Year 2 start

Albert

I just read it.Yes, that was a good adventure!

But that was a workaround. From what I can tell the Geas was itself not touched. There was a spell keeping them as ghosts, And a Geas that kept them from breaking it. You were able to exorcise them, not disable the Geas. Since what they wanted was rest, I would say it was easier to disable the magic that was keeping them there, than it would be to free them from the geas so that they could pass on. If they had been living people, I really doubt doing what you do in that adventure would solve the problem.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free;

"How powerful are we talking here? A powerful third year Negater? Any professor level? Orsi or Briardi level?"

More powerful than the wizard that placed the Geas, generally speaking.

"And by "how it was created" do you mean the circumstances surrounding the formation of the geas, or the specifics on what the geas is forcing on the subject."

Both can be true.

"Also, are there ways to determine if a geas is broken by the one who created it?"

Yes, a sufficiently powerful Negater could determine this, in the same way that you can determine who cast a Spell.

albert;

"What are those Glorious things then?"

No comment! :)

"Also, are there ways to determine if a geas is broken by the one who created

it?"

Yes, a sufficiently powerful Negater could determine this, in the

same way that you can determine who cast a Spell.

Um, I'm not asking if a negater can determine X details about the geas, I'm Asking if the person who put a geas on <whoever> can easily determine if it has broken. I should have been a bit more clear there.

Hmm I see that I have to make Negation one of my Focus in the next years if it is realy this powerfull!

(You can use it to Fly, its usefull in normal fights, against other Mages its the ultimate counter and one also can learn a lot about other magic that is active)

Sure other Magic might have more powerfull effects but the main point here is that Negation can work as counter to nearly every other magic.

Schwarzbart;

Even as an "Omnidisciplinarian" I respect Negation's ability. It's the only pillar that I intend to dedicate more than one class to in Y2. Out of curiosity, what Pillar's classes are you planning for your main character?

Legate;

Seriously, I know that the limited Y1 Negation studies are still useful for duels, and can provide limited flight at least, even if not "superman" level. ;)

Would a messenger spell addition to a geas be... how do I word this... required knowledge for one to agree to the geas?

In other words, if I was to put a geas on someone, then would I have to inform them of this addition to it in order to get them to agree to it, or can I slip that one in quietly assuming they agree to the geas at all?

Schwarzbart;

Even as an "Omnidisciplinarian" I respect Negation's ability. It's the only pillar that I intend to dedicate more than one class to in Y2. Out of curiosity, what Pillar's classes are you planning for your main character?

Now that depend on what I have aviable as class at year 2 with my chars. Right now I have 2 different chars that for sure will be used in year 2 if I can get them to work.

I.e. with my Morvidus Char I will continue to focus on Revision and Zoology / Familiar Handling but probably will add Alchemy base level. Oh and dont forget Redacted or his family will be angry at him.

Archived