Black Chicken Studios Forums

Definitely My Year 2 character...

Carakav

Hannah.jpg

So I just finished the most amazing run I've ever had for a single character. Right off the bat, I went straight for the adventures, and didn't once fail a single roll... even for the dozens of RED options I chose! It was just surreal how lucky I was. Anyway, the result of all that planet-aligning luck is Hannah. She ended her first year with abilities all in the teens, including an intelligence score of 19, and more gear than you can shake stick at! I had so many artifacts and crazy bobbles, that I had to sell most of them... which left her with 9000 spare pims when it was all over. Yowzer!

My only regret is that I didn't choose a familiar for her at the start, and I never really developed a bond with Pamela. Hopefully I'll be able to buy a nice familiar over the summer break... (Devs, that's a hint)

Anyway, the portrait! In the middle is Hannah, decked to the gills in her magical finery. How she gets away with wearing all of that, especially the sword, no one knows... Custom-tailored uniform made with exotic fabrics... magical glamour-enhancing cape... powerful jewelry. Maybe the professors just like her too much? On the left is everyone's favorite bully, Mr. Merchant, and on the right we see Malthezar who serves as the 'good cop' to Phillips 'bad'. These three form a clique that no one, not even second and third year students, would casually mess with.

What I love the most about Academagia, and games like it, is that it facilitates the player's ability to tell their own stories. Well done, folks. I'm definitely looking forward to Year 2... especially now that I've got a character like Hannah with which to steam-roll any and all challenges :lol:

The appropriate response = emot-aaa.gifSo lucky. HISS!!!

The portrait makes them look like third or fourth years though. At least from where I come from. And somehow, don't ask me how, Malthezar reminds me of Asajj Ventress.

And is Philippe (I call him Flippy now) rolling up his sleeves because someone misspelled Marchant. And I see you have added a few scratches to his arm. Very nice.

Hannah looks a bit thin though. And how does her family feel about her earning 9000 pims? laugh.gif

Overall wonderfully done and hoping to see some more.

Once again, My face --> emot-aaa.gif

The appropriate response = emot-aaa.gifSo lucky. HISS!!!

The portrait makes them look like third or fourth years though. At least from where I come from. And somehow, don't ask me how, Malthezar reminds me of Asajj Ventress.

And is Philippe (I call him Flippy now) rolling up his sleeves because someone misspelled Marchant. And I see you have added a few scratches to his arm. Very nice.

Hannah looks a bit thin though. And how does her family feel about her earning 9000 pims? laugh.gif

Overall wonderfully done and hoping to see some more.

Once again, My face --> emot-aaa.gif

Thanks! Yeah, she is a bit thin, but that's only because I was trying to keep some of the style from the game... and they do look a little older, but I figured that it was the end of year 1... and kids grow up fast. It's probably also because I'm just not very practiced at drawing young'uns. On second thought, it's definitely that second part.

On Malthezar: I thought he was girl for most of the game, until I read his background. Very effeminate portrait, so I figured I'd let that influence this a little.

It is a very amazing picture, fitting, I think, for such an amazing (-ly lucky!) girl.

I've tried a few runs and never have I had such luck (some - granted) but never to such a degree. 19 Int. huh. I've got to try a run again soon. It's actually been quite a while. I hover around on the forums more than I do the game.. :unsure:

Regardless though, the picture is amazing!

I'm hoping your luck transfers to the next characters you make, just for posts like this ;)

I got a really nice Vernin student, actualy more than one, but, it's really impressive.

But, back to the Op, that's realy nice art :) And a good story too :)

Im, really looking forward to year 2 :)

Also I found the Orso Orsi's story with Ilaro interesting, he had a gates wizard friend...

Im guessing he won't dismiss a person as completely bad because someone knows some gates and mastery magic. If you're being subtle and trying to be responsible and minimalistic about it.... Right?

Most of my characters are severely tainted by the knowledge of gates and mastery with a parrent skill at around 10 - 11 :P Im not using it much though... I'll hoping to get some more teleporting skills in later years and a good control of that skill. When I ported away from that crazy gates mage temple it seemed fairly controlled imo.

Also that crazy book demon... I really don't need it do I? I can get the knowledge without making promices to stupid book demons (I hope)

I also got a save where I picked up that crazy book demon thing, It will be interesting to see what happens to it in later years :)

That book demon made me think of the fall of Monteon... or the destruction of monteon rather...

Archived