Black Chicken Studios Forums

Bugs and errors

Adrian

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Version 1.0.1.1

Ran through the Blood and Art Adventure in Australia today. 2 typos and an obstacle question.

Typo - Between obstacles 2 and 3, “Good of you to share a few minutes of your time a humble professor” -- said by Professor Pavier. Think there should be a WITH in there after time.

Typo - Between obstacles 4 and 5, “As she explores the park, she comes upon a trash bin with an usual sign posted behind it.” -- Maybe this is an UNusual sign? :)

Obstacle 5 - seems to have absolutely no upside to passing it, other than avoiding the +1 Stress for failing. You get the stat boost even if you fail, and unlike some other obstacles that have no other visible reward, this one doesn't even sneak you an inspiration. And as an aside, this adventure in general is one of the first optional ones I've seen that doesn't give a nice inspiration reward for beating it. Hmm, unless you have to pass every single obstacle for the inspiration. I don't think I did that. Needs more testing on my end.

Not really a bug but a typo... right before the last step of the Upstate adventure, when Steven's still in angry rambley mode about the spear, there's the line 'He points to him'. It should probably be 'He points to Johnny'.

Still version 1.0.1.1

Doing Felix's adventure in Australia. (Felix-The Main Adventure)

Failed the final obstacle (deduction/cryptography) and got an error pop-up with all the following stuff:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
 File "game/fa.rpy", line 3467, in script
 File "game/fa.rpy", line 3467, in python
NameError: name 'storyStep' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
 File "C:\Scheherazade\renpy\execution.py", line 265, in run
 File "C:\Scheherazade\renpy\ast.py", line 632, in execute
 File "C:\Scheherazade\renpy\python.py", line 972, in py_exec_bytecode
 File "game/fa.rpy", line 3467, in <module>
NameError: name 'storyStep' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.13.12.1728

Also, when I went back to continue the adventure, it put me back to the previous obstacle that I'd already completed (Problem Solving/Strength). Not sure if it was related to the error, but it didn't make sense story wise (the box, once open, should stay open!)

Edit: A bit more testing, to clarify, the error and "bounce-back" only occur if you agree with Felix to come back later when you fail the obstacle. If you look around the house, the alternate path seems to work fine.

Also, a minor typo in the ending steps of The Platypus Adventure. After all the obstacles, when Kate has given up on the island, one of the conversation options Sadie has is "I...just not looking in the right place?" -- I think there should be an "Am" at the beginning of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing Roland's adventure in Egypt after you do the horse adventure with your Aunt, the beginning has the correct opening (Sadie's 'I repeat, why aren't you in jail?' is awesome, btw), but then after Professor Blake disappears, you get another opening (I think what you'd get if you started this adventure while still in the middle of the horse adventure) - 'Miss Keating. Good to see you again. No time to talk about the business about the family tree. We're on the clock here, you understand.'

Felix's adventure, N'Awlins, romancing Nigel and having not done Anna's adventure yet- Felix: 'I guess we're just going to relax and see the sights and maybe follow a parade around.' has Image 'felix ny weary' not found. written in red letters above it (I think the line before it had the same note).

I don't know if this has been pointed out but just clicking on the map anywhere also changed the time of day. Becomes a problem when you're trying o get rid of those lil thought clouds. Lose a lot of time that way. I am not talking about clicking on the charms, but on the map itself.

Is there a way or something I am missing that will notify when I am going to have a day event??

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know if anyone else has mentioned it. In India on Sterling adventure. At the entrance to yama castle?, where they see the Preta. Sadie states 5 coffers and 5 guardians. After she declares she knows what they are Sterling asks 'what else could 4 long-necked, bald statues in a Hindu temple be?'

Found errors.

The caper for Sterling asking you out a second time is available before you go to New Orleans. But Sadie if she accepts responds with a comment about how she knew she since talked to him in New Orleans that she wanted to be with him(Or something to that effect).

Also movie trip Feb 14. After movie a comment is made about by Sadie about Sterling working for Ruddy this happens before Sadie finds out Ruddy is the sponsor in New Orleans.

Following Nigel adventure in Egypt; Felix mentions having to get Steven drunk to shut him up. Here is the error: Steven is not in Egypt he is in Australia he never went to Egypt. As per the library conversation with Sadie where she discovers the bit of papyrus in the book after Steven ruined her presentation.

Ah, nice catch- thanks!

Ugg I feel like I am nagging now hehe there are quite a few more things I have seen but have not wanted to write them down because I would have to be very detailed. Mostly having to do with errors in code I guess when you make a selection from your choice responses. Several times it will play out all the reactions to your choice I guess that is what you would call it.

Archived