Black Chicken Studios Forums

Bugs and errors

Adrian

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

I've playing through this game and enjoying it quite a bit! There are a few typos/grammar errors I've noticed, and this seems like the thread to post them to for fixing. I'm playing v1.0.2.0.

In New York --

Aunt Evelyn: Your chariot to school awaits. Oh, she's thrilled! Ruddy, I told you she'd be thrilled!. (period and exclamation mark together)

Dear Diary: Aunt Evelyn will be joining be in Egypt! (from adventure of egypt: the royal family adventure, should be 'me')

In Egypt --

Sadie: Whoever wrote tablet jumbled all the languages together! (should be 'wrote this tablet'?)

Sadie: An unattributed tomb shaped in a octagon, just like the platform Alexander's coffin was sitting on. (should be 'an octagon')

Sadie: There'll also be an archeology professor friend of ours. (spelling)

In New York --

Anna: Aren't you the one who told me that not all archeology digs are fun, mystery, and games? (central park dig adventure, spelling)

Anna: Are you about to have one of your archeology talks? (spelling)

Ramazan Kurt: Comes to my tours ever so often as of late... (should be 'every')

Australia

Stolen painting adventure

Maybe an alternate conversation for Sadie and Zul al Zan when she finds out Zul is her guide. If you have already done the Roland path then you know exactly why Zul is in Australia. And after what happen between Zul and Maddey you would probably be a lil nervous as to why Zul would want to become "help for hire"

I'm just picking these up as I go along. Hope this is enough info for you to track down the lines.

Australia --

Sadie: If ancient Egypt was her life-long hobby, I wonder what the secret could be to make her put stop to it so suddenly. (should be 'put a stop')

Sadie: I'm Sadie Keating, an archeology student. (spelling)

Rachel: He also said he was an archeology student. (spelling)

Roland: If we can get our hands on a portable radio, I may to home in on him. (should be 'may be able to')

Sadie: I really wish that archeology was just plain archeology, but there's obviously something here that's pushing him to kidnap and shoot and who knows what else. (spelling)

Sadie: Burn it? I cannot, as an archeologist allow that to happen. (spelling again, one of the choices to pick in main adventure of ahmose)

New York --

Dwyer: He must be planting it as evidence so other cops to find it[. (should be 'cops can find it')

Sadie: Ordinary cops already dismiss us, so what're the chances that a dirty cop is going to the same? (should be 'to do the')

Anna: Almost like one of your archeology trips. (spelling)

Anna: Similar to your archeology trips, isn't it? (spelling)

Diary: After grabbing Anna's father, we took a small plane ride to the other side of town, which was very pleasant if you don't count the tubulence, Anna's father vomiting and Felix getting knocked out. (spelling, after completing Anna's adventure with the letters)

India--

Sadie: Choosing archeology over people; I wonder if that makes me a bad human being? (spelling)

Sadie walks over the temple doors. (should be 'over to the').

Sadie: I'm an archeology student, it's my job to study things. (spelling)

Sadie: Now all I have to worry about it accidentally scarring a historical monument for all eternity when I pull them out. (should be 'is')

Sadie: There doorway is here, and there's a handprint here. (should be 'the')

Sterling: We wouldn't to disappoint your academic spirit, now would we? (should be 'wouldn't want to')

Sadie: And... would that happen to a pseudonym for the great Doctor Chandran Patel? (should be 'to be a')

Egypt

Professor Path

In the curator's tunnel when they encounter the wall. You have the option to climb or solve the puzzle. Well Sadie basically says that she has no time to solve the puzzle and asks for a boost to climb up it. The Professor responds with please? basically asking her to be polite. and Sadie responds with Please what? Then you get the choice to choose climb or solve. If you solve Sadie thanks the professor for the suggestion. But he never made the suggestion.

I got an error screen on Ahmose's birthday. Poor guy.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

File "game/birthdays.rpy", line 637, in script

File "game/birthdays.rpy", line 637, in python

NameError: name 'false' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:

File "C:\Games\PC\Scheherazade\renpy\execution.py", line 265, in run

File "C:\Games\PC\Scheherazade\renpy\ast.py", line 632, in execute

File "C:\Games\PC\Scheherazade\renpy\python.py", line 972, in py_exec_bytecode

File "game/birthdays.rpy", line 637, in <module>

NameError: name 'false' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1

Ren'Py 6.13.12.1728

New York--

Bum: This library is free for everyone, sure, but reading books won't do help this starving stomach of mine. (adventure at the library, should be 'won't help')

Sadie: I'm warning you, I'm an archeologist! (spelling, from the falling ceiling quest)

Diary: They thought they had stolen an important medallion from their run-down old shack... (i think it should be 'he' and not 'they', since only one guy is suspected)

NY

Christmas diary entry Christmas Roland

at the beginning of the entry it says a package and card came from me.

It should probably be for me

--

New Orleans

Roland Path

When they go to Felicie's shop together the first time. Felicie tells her to hold her tongue and then addresses Roland. There needs to be a direction or something to let us know who she is speaking to. It can be a little confusing.

Peru--

Evelyn: She's got jungle mad! (should be 'madness')

Sadie: A new discovery? You MUST tell me. If I could bring something new back to New York, my name would be made as an archeologist (spelling, choice from Ahmose's Peru caper)

Slowly, with Sadie offering encouragement, he lands the plane besides the line. (I think it should be 'beside')

Dr. Tello: We are both in the archeology field (spelling, adventure with Tellos)

Dr. Tello: Is that what I think is? (should be 'think it is')

Guide: Buenos noches (should be 'Buenas', from Felix's adventure in Peru)

Guide: You juvenes should get some sleep... there's still an uphill hike to the Choquequirao site itself, and tomorrow will be a long day. (should be 'jovenes')

Also, not a typo, but in Peru, when you go on Ahmose's adventure in Peru, Sadie and Kheper can discuss what the curator said about Ahmose's, uh, cursed fate, even if you haven't visited the curator (from Ahmose's main story in Peru) yet. Maybe the visit to the curator should be required before doing Ahmose's caper?

New York--

Sadie: I wouldn't talk so big seeing as you likely LET me listen on that conversation. (should be 'listen in on', talking to Roland)

Sadie: Listen-it's time for the Princesses' big monologue. (there was only one princess)

Sadie: I think I think it's about time I paid a visit to the head of the Engineering Department... (repeating)

Shady Rum-Runner: Now we gotta baby-sit that archeology fellow. (spelling, from the speakeasies with Evelyn caper)

New Orleans--

Sadie: It's just tired all of a sudden. (should be 'I'm just tired')

Everyone looks to their right, where several vehicles with sires are coming: a police car, a paddy wagon, and an ambulance. (should be 'sirens')

Sadie: But all you people out there who should've come rescued me by now should be ashamed of yourselves. (either 'rescue', or 'should've rescued'?)

Newspaper: Rumors describe as anything from an angry dog to a small bear. (end of main story in new orleans, maybe should be 'describe it as'?)

Archived