Black Chicken Studios Forums

Bugs and errors

Adrian

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Egypt

Nigel path

Geoffery leaves them to go get guards and confront the thieves. Sadie and Nigel go into the Curators secret tunnel. It says that Sadie follows the Curator into the tunnel. They went in different directions. The Curator did not even go into the tunnel.

Hello,

a couple things on the inspirations.

1) I noticed that the inspiration called "simple stationary exercises" has "Dodging" and not "Dodge" in the description. Because in one occasion I found that an inspiration giving "Flirtation" was not actually working for "Flirting", I wonder if this could bring to the same problem...

2) There are two cases that, while not formally wrong, puzzle me.

The first is the 10-19 new inspiration for Diplomacy, called "Seeing both sides". This gives only Diplomacy+4, general+1, something that I find strange considering that the card associated with Diplomacy 0-9 gives , as usual, Diplomacy+4 and another skill (don't remember which one) at +4.

The second is the card "Helpful insight" that should be the card of Problem solving 20-29. Also in this case, the card gives Problem solving+4, Repair+4, general+1 as a 0-9 card, something I find strange (there are other skills at 20-29 that give two abilities at +4, but they have general at +2).

3) As a general remark, in the other conversation, discussing about the frequency of appearance of the inspiration, it came out that for each level one should see in great majority only the card of the level and the -1 level one.

However, my experience tells me that I always see three cards per level (except the first 2, of course), at more or less equal probability. Are you sure you tuned the probabilities of sorting in the right way?

Mind you, I am perfectly happy to have three cards at more or less the same probability, but in the conversation it seemed that the new card of the level should be dominant in coming out, with the -1 card at a lesser probability and the -2 one definitely rare, and this is not happening.

If you have to tune the probabilities again, may I suggest a distribution 50-35-15?

New Orleans

Family Quest

I do not know if this is a typo or if Marcel is just an idiot, but he told Roland the music box has been lost for generations, then depending on what you choose he tells you he played with it as a child, that is how he recognizes it by sight. Then it is followed up by Roland saying you seem awfully familiar with something missing for generations.

NY

Sterling Path

When you take him into the cavern. If you choose: I was wondering when you'd get up! You're heavy.

You get

While running game code:

File "game/rival_romance.rpy", line 2923, in script

ValueError: unsupported format character 'm' (0x6d) at index 12

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Scheherazade\renpy\execution.py", line 265, in run

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Scheherazade\renpy\ast.py", line 396, in execute

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Scheherazade\renpy\exports.py", line 693, in say

ValueError: unsupported format character 'm' (0x6d) at index 12

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1

Ren'Py 6.13.12.1728