Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There probably won't be as much "JOIN OUR FACTION" pressuring atm, Makara did send all of other convenant's goons back home, and they all will have something else to worry about (Stonehenge current state, new head of Ex Miscellanea, etc.)

However, Caitlin did told us we need to leave this realm NOW because dragon, magi, and king's men will be hunting us. Speaking of dragon, it might be better to stay with all these skilled magi to protect us instead of leading the drakes to our covenant. The prophecy did mention two more covenants will fall (or was it two total?), so let's not make it ours.

Alternately, we could maybe split group? The one that goes home can play as their companion instead?

Actually the part of the prophecy you are referring to said this : And two great covenants shall fall if their Oaths are made true.

So unless the oath said they should flee then we shouldn't be completing it. And, in theory it most likely did come true already as our oath bearer reached her destination. AND WHY HASN'T SILAS ASKED ABOUT THE OATH!?!

Calpurnia sees a weird vision

<CJ> A mouse is gnawing at her soul, consuming it.

If your vision about Edith soul becoming corrupted is true, then we would really need to cure her asap.

I think by now Edith is heapy if she is Human again and don't care much about the oath any more.

Btw I just looked to turn a animal to human sun duration is level 25 what means I would need a casting score of at last 41 to even have a small chance to do this what I don't reach even with the +7 from Stonehenge!

To break the spell that turned Edith in a mouse would be actual the Perdo Vim spell "Unravelling the Fabric of Corpus" (p.161) against a at last level 30 spell (if it was only Sun duration what I doubt)! Anyone up to this?

Edit: Yes a transformation to a animal over longer periods have lasting effects on the body and mind even after turning back!

Edit 2: All Class could realy try to do at stonehenge is to give her a human voice for the night but even this already need vis so probably only 2 Min is realy posible and even this only at Stonehenge.

@Nagash if Class would know such a spell it would be possible to do for him but with the over 2x higher difficulty of Spontancasting no way he could do it even with wasting a lot of vis.

@Nyaa Healer?! Then you will never find someone who can turn her back as you need a Perdo Vim Master for this and not a Creo Corpus Master! (its Similiar as if you looking for a Negation Master in Academagia when all you want is someone who can turn water into wine)

Btw keep in mind that when the totall interruption in a Saison get longer then 10 days we expirience a huge penalty to our Lab work for this saison!

Edit: So if you want to let the spell remove from her we need to stay except we have a Perdo Vim Master at our Covenant!

If something like this is posible it would be also some kind of Vim Spell as you try to alter or chancel a existing magic effect.

Quote of the Muto Corpus Guideline

"you must either dispel the magic with Perdo Vim, or wait for the duration to expire."

What don't mean that there be no other ways but they are even harder to find and get then to look for a Perdo Vim Master who is strong enough to break the spell.

I think your discussion of the prophesy is overlooking one rather obvious alternative: that the Oath in question is your hermetic oath and that your oath had something to do with the dragons awakening. Things did start going awry right after, didn't they? Edith's mousefication might have nothing to do with it - maybe Stephen simply found out it was she who awakened the drake.

I can make Saturday. Sorry, I have been away for a while, just catching up on email. Email me any questions to chrisjensenromer@hotmail.com and I'll try to get back to you tonight. :)

cj x

Schwarzbart tells me I have questions to answer! I'll read thread in a minute, but for now can freespace email me and we will sort out a character for them, and yep Makara's Parens is good at Perdo Vim :D

cj x

@Wits ...your right. That's exactly what it means. ( palm apply directly to the forehead)

Anyway I have come up with a third course of action. As I doubt it's night when we start. Then Class will still need time to rest (as he is nocturnal). This means a group could leave to try and help the situation. This group will probably contain Silas, Edith, Makara (after he leaves that book in the cave), the npcs with us (They serve no purpose hiding), and unfortunately Baruch. The only reason why I say Baruch is he as we've seen is probably the only player who can fight the dragons if they get loose (unless there power is like 30 or something). Though I can understand completely why he wouldn't want to go. Calpurnia will stay with the sleeping owl Class. In theory making sure if someone hostile finds Class he won't be alone. Ramon I can't really figure out where he wants to go. As he is probably the kind of guy who would want to protect his fellows (team - In a cave, can also go along with team - Dragon bait), and also rise in ranking (go save the tribunal with team - Dragon Bait). One other thing is what to do about Ramon's Peagusus if he should stay with team - In a cave. It won't be that useful in a cave and team - Dragon Bait could use the extra way to fly about (as Baruch has a way to fly himself).

Edit - Helpax as I don't know your exact wishes I don't know where to place you.

Well this is a idea of what we could do if we can't get a straight decision. There are things that would need to be discussed like how long does Team - In a cave wait for Team - Dragon Bait. But, this is not the message for that.

Oh yeah on a side note. I don't believe we aren't one of the two great covenants mentioned by the prophecy due to, well the obvious. We aren't great, hell we aren't even known to the population of this tribunal until probably today. Simply said there is a good chance that our covenant (other than us) are in any threat by this prophecy. The other evidence that disproves our being one of the is don't forget the rivalry between (insert names of the english covenants who are at each others throats).

OK looks like I also remembered wrong ^^

But so fare the straigt answear from everyone was to get back and for Edith we also would have someone who have a good chance to break the spell there.

More important is to keep in mind many of you didn't get much rest for the last 1 - 2 nights also!

I also find your view about Ramon interesting especial after he offered to take you all together back on his Pegasus to the covenant! If he didn't care why would he offer this?

Archived