Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
- Project Redcap

It's like the only ars magica wiki on the net. Too bad it doesn't address everything or very bare bone on stuffs so 60% of the time I still ends up looking up the book instead.

Chapess is a word? ;)

Yes.

I myself prefer "Dudes and Dudettes!" I must have watched too much TMNT as a kid. :)

I suppose that those older than me might be aghast at that, and those younger would probably say something like "WAAZZAP DOOOGS!?"

*sigh*

May as well mention my podcast has a new episode up :)

http://arcaneconnection.podomatic.com/entry/2013-04-16T08_35_12-07_00

I just heared your poscast, sadly I haved problems to full follow it especial the part where you did go into how Wizard's Communion works as I still fail to understand it full.

So fare I can understand this spell its main benefit is only to get a higher penetration for the one who finaly cast the spell.

Maybe someone who understand English talking bether then me can write down what CJ sayed about this spell.

Oh and I hope CJ haved a great LARP

Sad, hoped that we have Cobernik with us.

As it is a cat, a flying fish, a monk of the hated religion, a old guard (gustbran), a strange unknown new companinion (Adrians new Char) and a mage who is not versed in the influencing magic are not the best troup to send for such a investigation.

After I learned that the use of Wizard's Communion is only to improve the Penteration of Aegis of Herath and other spells I will learn different spell(s) with Dirk in Winter ^^.

The increase in Penetration is a nice thing but not that interesting as other Vim spells.

Not nearly as flustrating as finding that your alarm clock ajusts itself automatically for daylight savings... And you happen to live in an area that doesn't observe daylight savings time.

I've been there.

A few minor questions that the rest of you might have an answer to:

Do mages marry? In the christian/religious sense? As we ourselves are not all in complete alignment with the church and vice versa. If not, is there then another ritualistic action?

Would the virtues Quiet magic (2x) and subtle magic allow you to cast spells without any voice or gestures at all? or is some form of physical action required?

A few minor questions that the rest of you might have an answer to:

Do mages marry? In the christian/religious sense? As we ourselves are not all in complete alignment with the church and vice versa. If not, is there then another ritualistic action?

Yes, magi marry. Marriage may be a Christian sacrament (and many magi are Christian) but marriage is pretty universal, and has been around long before that religion. Yes magi do marry, other magi or mundanes. Sadly The Gift is not heritable as a trait, so the chance of a magi (or two magi) having a Gifted child is no greater than anyone else.

cj x

Archived