Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just haved a look at the Covenant Rules from the Core Rule Book and think we have for sure the Seculsion Boon and the Superiors Hook in our flying city.

I hope we have a Faerie regio connected to the covenant and that we are considerd "Protector" of the city that is for sure not complet of covenfolk.

Depending on the land aviable that can used for harvesting food I think poverty might be a Hook of this covenant.

As for the Flying part I expect we need a powerful Magic Aura of at last 4 for the complet flying city.

Should we consider the Erraticly Mobile (minor) Hook instead. The City files, but no-body can control where it goes.

The Constantly Mobile (major) Hook might also be worth a look. The City must keep on moving. Reason why may very.

I'd also argue that Natural Fortress minor boon should be taken. After all, kind of hard to bring an invading army into the sky. At least as hard as assulting a townhouse with seacliffs on three sides.

This just off the top of my head and I think they are all from the covenants book.

Yes this Boon and Hooks sounds good, sadly I only have the Core Rule Book aviable for Covenant rules.

Btw. I also think we should spend points on a Latin 5 Teacher who also have the Scribe profession.

For Books we should have good Summae for all Arts to 5 and Parma Magica, Magic Theory, Artes Library to at last 3 with a quality of at last 10.

This levels are chosen to give the Mages the ability to learn everything needed to set up a Lab and know enought to start taking a apprentice.

This is all presuming we somehow manage to return to the covenant, that is :P

Controlling the drake would be awesomesauce in this respect, as well, beyond the gauntlet issues - I doubt I'll be able to fly us all up to the city (haven't checked, though), and even if I were, it would take a long time to invent the spells and all.

BTW, does someone have logs of the end-of-game conversation about taming the drake? I seem to have misplaced my logs, and the posted ones don't have that discussion on them, but if I have time I would like to take a look at those and see if I could figure out any way to proceed. Maybe post the log here if you have them?

Hmm I have to look maybe its posible for my char to change to a drake. As my knowledge of the rules is still limited I'm not sure about this.

Birds are already Difficult of 20 and to be usfull Duration add 10 or even 15 and then probably other mods add also to the difficulty.

It could easy be that a ignem requirement could make it inposible for my char.

How are the rules for Rituals if I don't know the necesary ritual?

Ohh and what are the difficulty to increase the size of a Human by 5 or more Size level?

(A realy Giganic Owl could also be a posibility to bring us all to the Tribunal but I have to bring the Size up from -3 to probably 2)

I can get to 37 + 1d10 at this Covenant for selftransformation but don't know the spell so its only 1/2!

With Ritual maybe even more is posible but I don't know this rules at all

What reminds me I should get me also a Scale of this Drake for having the necesary focus if I ever find the time to make a Human to Drake Spell ^^

Increasing the Size of the Character to Size 7 (Small Dragon) what difficulty would this be?

The base effect to increase Size while still keeping the shape is 3 +2 for Duration Sun and so 5 but how is the Size increse / decrease now affect the difficulty or is there a limit to only +1/ -2?

I want to become a Size 4 (Elphant) Owl and to get this I need to increase the size in Human by 7.

Edit: If I manage to get this off we maybe can even travel by night (at Owl Flight speed) and by day where you can walk and carry me as normal sized Eagle Owl.

The problem would be to transport my equipment and what ever we use to sleep on my back when you are walking.

Bad news I'm afraid!

Unfortunately as you all know I am away this weekend, and my replacement GM, Tom has also had to go away on family business. Neither of us will have WIFI access where we are, or any computers, though we will be at opposite ends of the country. :) Sadly I have no choice but t cancel the game this week, so I'm emailing everyone to let you know. I'm sorry to leave things like this for a week, but sometimes plans just don't work out. I will be back and able to run the game the following Saturday, December 1st, at the usual time. Obviously I won't be able to respond to emails or messages till Monday, but I have been massively behind in my correspondence anyway owing to prep for this week. So once again sorry, but hope to see you the Saturday after as usual. :(

all the best

cj x

It is alright, we get another week to figure out what to do with a sleeping dragon and how to get passage to Stonehenge :)

And really, even if you had WIFY I am not sure I would ask you to spend family time with a group of strangers.

See you in a bit over a week and please enjoy yourself in the mean time ;)

And any other ideas you came up so fare beside subduing the drake or my idea in becoming a giant owl.

Makara can negotiate with the drake, maybe even threaten it with a strong curse to force it to obey. Also can ask who sent it.

alternatively, just forget about the drake, and negotiate with the fay for transport - perhaps trading for the dragon if we are lucky. You said it yourselves, they are a treasure trove of useful parts. It was hinted that their price was steep, but considering that we could all fall from a dragon at lord knows which height... or eaten... just saying :)

Also, in the interest of self preservation, drakes has to be awake for you to talk to them... just saying ;)

See you all in ~11ish hours

Archived