Black Chicken Studios Forums

Library Discussion

Wits

How about the uper part of the Tempel (the central building of the covenant) and the lower is hiden in a cloud?

As it is now over all Building point I would love to Have a Vim Vis source as this Vis is consumed in Enchanting.

It cost 5 Buildingpoints per Pawn of Vis we get each year and i.e. opening a Woodstaff for enchanting cost 8 Vim Vis!

So I suggest we to go for 10 Vim Vis/ year what cost 50 points.

Beside Vim Vis is also one of the 3 Vis common used in the Longevity Rituals.

So fare we have on our list

120 Pts 15 Pts /Each Summae of the missing Arts at 5/10 especial the Techniques and Terram. 15 points each 4 Techniques/ 4 Form if we leave out Herbam

003 Pts Non Mutantum version of the level 15 InTe spell Sense the True path (A Concentration duration spell to find to a place where you have a Material connection)

050 Pts 10 Vim Vis/ year (for Enchanting & Longevity)

---

173 So we should spend 7 more in spell/items and push the 4 Technique Summa to 10/10

For Latin I would suggest to hire a regular Professor for the teaching or pay in points for a Scribe with latin 5 & teaching.

A 5/10 Ability book in Latin cost 25 pts and only gives 10 exp/saison and a Teacher cost 13 but is able to give up to 17 exp/saison (or 11 of he teach a group) beside if he is not used and if he have the Scribe profession he can copy books for us!

But general I'm for hiring when needed as this education is aviable in the public.

If there is no more other sugestions I think it would be good to go with this:

50 Pts 10 Vim Vis/ Year

03 Pts Non Mutantum version of the level 15 InTe spell Sense the True path (A Concentration duration spell to find to a place where you have a Material connection)

63 Creo, Rego and Perdo Summae Quality 11 Level 10

20 Muto Summae Quality 10 level 10

64 Animal, Imaginem, Mentem and Terram Summae Quality 10 level 6

---

(messed up bevore this turning Quallity and level around ... Quallity is the exp to gain and lvl is the max you can reach from it)

The 10/10 Technique is up to a vote or GM decision.

10/6 means someone with the Art at 0 can study 2 saisons from it and then only missing 1 exp to 6

10/10 means someone with the Art in 0 can study from it for 5 1/2 Saisons to get 10

11/10 means that Art 0 can be raised in only 5 Saisons to 10 in study this book.

10 in Quality should be the absolut minimum for a Summae

Yes, I think Schwarzbart's suggestion looks good. Thanks for drafting that! Likewise for the symbol, thanks Nyaa!

I would vote for buying the books; although Nyaa is right that they might be traded for, I think we have most things that we need, and the books would be important.

• 3 weeks later...

Of Mending the Corporal Body 21

Type: Summa; Quality: 11; Level: 10; Topic: Creo; Language: Latin; Author: ?

Movement Techniques 21

Type: Summa; Quality: 11; Level: 10; Topic: Rego; Language: Latin; Author: ?

The Way of Nothing 21

Type: Summa; Quality: 11; Level: 10; Topic: Perdo; Language: Latin; Author: ?

The Nature of the Change 20

Type: Summa; Quality: 10; Level: 10; Topic: Muto; Language: Latin; Author: Pistrello Esposito

The Lesser Beasts 16

Type: Summa; Quality: 10; Level: 6; Topic: Animal; Language: Latin; Author: ?

Hermetic Theory of the Seeming 16

Type: Summa; Quality: 10; Level: 6; Topic: Imaginem; Language: Latin; Author: ?

The Mysteries of the Mind 16

Type: Summa; Quality: 10; Level: 6; Topic: Mentem; Language: Latin; Author: ?

Uses of Hermetic Magic on Terra Mater 16

Type: Summa; Quality: 10; Level: 6; Topic: Terram; Language: Latin; Author: ?

(Got some time to think about names so I put them here for CJ to pick up ;) ... Sadly except for 1 book I dont know who the author could be)

• 1 month later...

I just realised that lvl 15 tractus are doable from a good autor with the right helper acording to the covenant rules.

(Thanks to + 3 from Master Crafter/Proffesions and +1 from buyable Ressonance a Autor just need to have Com 2 + Good Teacher or COM 5)

So I think it might be bether to replace the 10/6 Summa with lvl 15 Tractus unless they where already used

A lvl 15 tractus have the advance to be able to used at any level but only once and 15 exp brings the reader direct from 0 to 5 in one saison.

Sure the summa would bring the reader in 2 saisons to nearly lvl 6 with just 1 exp missing but I wonder if this is worth it compared to a good tractus.

The 4 points we free up trough this could increase the QL of our Technique summa by one.

This change could be only done till someone use our "new books" or CJ take over my posting to page 1.

Yeah, you're right. I don't think anyone has used the worst summae yet, and since CJ hasn't gotten around to officially adding them to the library, I think it would be fair enough (and a good idea, certainly) to replace them with tractati. Good thinking, Schwarz.

OK the changes I did was

- Increasing the existing Mentem Tractus to 15

- Removing the 10/6 Summa for Mentem

- replacing the Animal, Imaginem, Terram 10/6 Summa with a QL 15 Tractus

- Add a QL 15 Tractus for Herbam

So we finaly have sources for all Arts to bring them to 5.

Means we have now a good part of the Teach your Apprentice Series from Edward Milton with Corpus and Rego early parts of this series, damaged or bad copys. ^^

Sure we broke the rule of limited a tractus in Covenant Creation to 11 but CJ did this also already.

Effective the base tractus was only 11 and then was pushed to 15 by extra effords that also have to be dupplicated when copying this books if one want to keep the high level.

Cosidering that even beginnig player chars can write Tractus of this QL with some assistance from the covenant folk or bought from the outside I think thats a good house rule.

Archived