Black Chicken Studios Forums

Holdfast is now Live on Kickstarter!

Legate of Mineta

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of answers the question. Just keep us updated when you get the numbers for how many additional adventures will be created.

Another question. Will the paypal pledges be considered as adding to the stretch goals? A number of other Kickstarters have done that and reached a goal or two. (Really hoping to see those addons in print.)

When it's official, you might just post that tidbit on the Kickstarter page in an update. Might be a long shot, but sometimes long shots are worth taking.

Schwarzbart;

Yes, it will be extra length, depending on the number of Adventures in it. I'm not sure that we will try to balance it, but it is true that if we do not some Add-Ons will end up being more valuable than others. Right now, we'll just see where the Players wanted to put their Adventures, and then take steps accordingly.

First, nice to be here, looks like good company! And A big WOO-HOO to us making the 30k Mark!

Hello, to Erik, boy you sure get around!

Just to get the word out, it looks like ( but double check) if you Pledge $50+ at Maelorum, you will still get the Holdfast component that was part of the cross promotion, How cool is That!

Holdfast is going to be Awesome when it gets here! But check out Maelorum, their the ones that got me over to Holdfast I'm the 1 st place and that book is REALLY GOOD! Also, gives me something to do while I wait for the holdfast to get here!

I'm doing a create an adventure, probably for the Orc Campaign! Any of you all who are selecting this picked yours yet?

It was a total blast being apart of the Holdfast Campaign and competing to be THE ONE who placed the pledge that made the stretch Goal, I got THREE of them!

Looks like the Maelorum Campaign will be fun too!

Hmm with all the Gamebook fans now also looking at the BCS forum maybe one need to point out that the adventures of Academagia is similiar to how a gamebook works but the mainpart of Academagia is the character development in a turnbased livesim and not the adventures.

Welcome, Bill. As the guy who got 2 of the stretch goals, I will forgive you for beating me by getting three on the condition that you play Academagia.

If you didn't select it as an addon (shame on you!), then I suggest you get it before July, as BCS has mentioned yet another Kickstarter in July.

I should also say that I'm impressed with how speedily BCS put out that first survey. I don't think that I've ever seen a project do it that quickly before. On the other hand, I have to call shenanigans for not having a built-in option to let people select the create-an-adventure more than once!

Honestly, if no other considerations come into play, I'd prefer that your next Kickstarter be in August. The longer to let my wallet recover, the better. I seem to get ... enthusiastic about your products. I pledged far too much for Ars Magicka and would probably do it again. And you already saw some of the hijinks that ensued during Holdfast: The Kickstarting.

Torolf all's fair in love and goal snatching! How about we battle again over the Maelorum stretch goals? Sharpen your axe it's going to be An Epic siege! Already having a copy, I can promise you Maelorum will be brutal, but worth it! That book does not disappoint!

I'll take a look at Academagia.... But I don't know Maelorum's tough to beat for shear enjoyment and with the new cards added to the 3 already existing play throughs, it's like 3 books in one!

You might contact BCS, I'll bet you could sweet talk them into an extra create your own, never hurts to ask! I'm doing the create in the Orc campaign!

Hope to see you on the fields of glory!

We've been spammed! Or someone was hacked and they used the account to spam! I hope the Black Chicken will destroy those posts and threads soon.

Bill: You do realized that calling someone a chicken here is a compliment, not an insult, right? :P

In any case, I won't be competing for any goals on other projects. One, my coffers aren't up to it, and two, I don't have the same level of enthusiasm for Maloreum. I'm sure that I'll enjoy the book when I get it, and I did addon for the cards, but the stretch goals don't do much for me (I want content, content, content!). Now if we fund up to the level where he's offering the 2nd Volume, that would change things some, but still not raise me to the berzerengang that I had for Holdfast.

Yes, I'm creating at least one adventure, though not for orcs. If the basic idea isn't vetoed (and I can think of several reasons why it might have to be), we'll see if you recognize my contribution.

Torolf Good Morning!- OK, fine then! BUT Maelorum needs love and enthusiasm as much as money! Speaking of content: there's a printed quest at the 9 k stretch Goal and Volume 2 is a definite Go! He hasn't said when the Campaign and release will be but there is for sure going to be a Vol. 2!

I love content as well, but there is a LOT to be said for quality, and in Maelorum you can play through 3 times being a different character each time and then when the cards and stretch goal quest are used together you can play through again as a different character, sort of like 4 games in one, but in the same world. Trust me, it'll. be cool.

What ever adventure you do I'm sure it'll be fun! I'm not 100% on doing the Orc campaign, but still leaning in that direction.

( yeah my coffers have taken quite a beating but Talk Is Cheap;-)

HEY, See where it says Newbie? That means I don't know what I'm doing here yet!

But speaking of Torolf, He Looked ( and tasted) more like a cat too me)!

And, I suppose " HammerHand" doesn't quite work for something Tigerish does it?

I'll have to work on that! Maybe HammerClaw?

I'll get back to you on that one ( At Dinnertime!)

Don't worry, Leoshi, I don't tend to hang around one place very long; my job keeps me too busy. I doubt that such intelligent and well-mannered folk such as ourselves would have anything to quarrel over, anyway. :)

Bill: Since I have no prior experience with Mr. Fincher or Maelorum, there isn't much for me to enthuse over. From what I've read and heard, the book will be good. I'm glad to support it and throw in a little extra. But it just doesn't compare to history I have with Black Chicken Studio's work. I think you'll make a far more able champion for Maelorum than I because you do have both the experience and enthusiasm.

Hint: You might post in the comments about your children's reactions to the book.

Edit:

Oh frabjous day! Callooh Callay!

The BCS team liked my idea!

Archived