Black Chicken Studios Forums

Two small questions about the combat rules

Riidi WW

1) If I am wielding two weapons - like, say, Thumper and Thurvik - do I apply the Attack, Guard, Maneuver, Defense, Gambit results for EACH of them, or just to one of them? So like as a barehander does Attack give me +3 damage or just +1 or +2, and do I have to decide whcih weapon I'm leading with before the round starts?

2) Do I apply the base damage results like -6/-2 in addition to the result on the table for each round? How does this work with Special Action results that might increase or decrease my initiative?

Ridi;

Great questions:

1) You get to choose. So if you get an Attack Action, you have to choose either the +2 or the +1. Usually, you want the +2. :)

2) That's correct- you apply the -6/-2 first. If you take an Action which would change your Initiative, that applies next round.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

This question is only tangentially about the combat rules. Sometimes it is clear that when I roll a d10 the range of results is 0-9 rather than 1-10. But it is not made explicit if this is always true. What about for starting copper, skill, or defense calculations? What if I roll a 0 (or a 10) on a d10 combat boon or something like that?

Riidi;

The die should always be 1-10. If you are seeing some areas where you feel it is 0-9, let me know and I'll get that to the Team. Originally, though, you were right- they planned for 0-9, but it confused some of our testers.

There could be some artifacts left over from that era in the text, and, if so, let us know.

Thanks!

Archived