Black Chicken Studios Forums

The Academagia Gradebook (Year 1)

freespace2dotcom

Thanks. that bug is in my latest version. If you need to I can make a V1.72 if you feel a need for it.

Otherwise just change the value of cell J5 to:

=IF(M13=TRUE,IF(OR(F5>=50,E5>=50),$M$5,$M$6),$M$7)

Truth be told I don't really want to screw with it untl Y2 is released and I'll have to redo parts of it for accuracy.

• 3 months later...

Aw fudge. I didn't bother to check the download.

It's such a pain to find reliable file hosting that doesn't require you to memorize passwords just so you can renew the file 1 month later after you've forgotten it.

gimme a bit and I'll find something better.

Edit: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=31533134428570555166

As a side bar the site claims

• downloaded files hosted for ever

Which as I understand by reading the fine print, is exactly 100 days after the last download. So if it goes inactive again, I know why. It's because none of you guys care about it! :( That's so cruel and sad. :(

Maybe the legate can host it like he did schwarzbart's patch or something. Sure it's not directly game related, but I'm pretty sure (99.99%) that V1.71 is the definitive version for Y1.

The Y2 version I have planned will be much better, but I can't start on it until I get more info on the class details, etc. And even then it will not replace the current gradebook for Y1 but in fact work in tandem with it to provide one of the best planning tools you could ask for.

I suppose the technicality is that "for ever" isn't technically the same as "forever". And if you want it shoved on a Dropbox I could put it on mine, but I can't give any guarantees that that'll stay alive longer than that since Atlessia's files have only been on it for...a month and a half, thereabouts.

Well, We shall see how things turn out. When Y2 comes out I may have to modify the Y1 gradebook slightly to add some extra variables that may be important. (like professor favor or stuff)

I'd hate having to pester people to update an upload, especially after I say that my version is 'final'

In any case, reuploading is not too big of a hassle so long as I myself still have the files. Which reminds me that I have to make a concerted effort to get my desktop working again. I have put that off for far too long.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I started working on the Y2 edition of the gradebook.

Not much to do right now, but I got the data entry sheet halfway done so you can input Y1 data.

I know that the Legate has mentioned how many classes Y2 is supposed to have... somewhere. My gut tells me that it was like 23, but I could be wrong. If anybody could find that, I would be grateful. I'm almost certain that it's in the "a few in game questions thread" and I already burnt through the first 71 pages of the thread and didn't find it.

Does anybody have any requests for what they might want in the gradebook in the future? I expect to add flexibility for NPCs taking different classes depending on their previous grades but other than that I think it will be very similar to the Y1 gradebook.

Its going to be a pain to map out. I suppose at least until the modtools are released for Y2. i plan to open up a unique thread for that purpose when Y2 finally come out. I'm not deterred.

Now another thing to put into consideration, is whether the npcs can get extra classes and whether you get graded in extra classes.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Always nice to not have to reupload. :)

Unless Y2 makes me tweak it, this version is likely final. Maybe the Legate will consider hosting it then as i think its a very useful analysis tool.

We will see what data we will be able to see with the y2 import tool as it is a lot of work to use your gradebook.

Also the exam at Saturday are current problematic because when Hall sessions conflict with the exam for a NPC on this day no score is show for this NPC and in my opinion make the sheet nearly useless in this case. (Sadly happend to me nearly every time I try to use your gradebook)

Actually, most of the work is more because of the UI of the game than the gradebook itself. If there was a way to input that data faster and more reliably, I would have designed it with that way in mind. If the import tool allows you to copy grade information, I will look into making a new page to paste that info into the gradebook seamlessly.