Black Chicken Studios Forums

So after deciding what I want my character to be but........

Leosnake

What subject do I pick to make use of natural philosophy?

The reason I ask is because I am going to go for the following:

Astrology: the commet, Omen: Islandquake, Family: Graverobbers (hence the natural philosophy question), Family: descended from traitors, deed: a singers gift, deed: the town's pageant, Academy Vihuela of music and magic.

Obviously from that I have four points spare to spend (I think) as well and music class is a must for this character.

So should I just put the rest into direct stats or no?

I'm thinking to put one directly in insight so I start with 3, one in luck so again 3, picking up the bitter hatred for an extra point to use on my choice of familiar then maby the last two in fitness and finesse so they start at 2 along with intelligence that gets a boost from graverobbers.

Is this a good idea or do you think this is over kill on the music?

I guess I could pick something other than a familiar based on what other subjects I want to go for. But what? I noticed art wasn't an exam subject either even though music is.

The Secret background gives you a good way to train Anatomy if you can live with learning Gate Magic and needing to spend one more timeslot for class in year 2.

For class I would consider Zoology, Botany and Dialectic because Natural Philosophy is still mostly about observation.

The Secret background gives you a good way to train Anatomy if you can live with learning Gate Magic and needing to spend one more timeslot for class in year 2.

For class I would consider Zoology, Botany and Dialectic because Natural Philosophy is still mostly about observation.

I may try this. I have done a test game where I basically did as said above but instead of adding the extra points to my direct stats I also got Aptitude: scholarship, Prodigy: negation and Prodigy: incantation instead.

It isn't going well. I am having to book worm in my room because I am too low to complete any adventures. Most of my options are always purple. Which would be fine if I had unlocked the learn from mistakes ability already. But I haven't.

Is natural philosopy a year 2 subject?

Plus you know gates :ph34r:

The first few weeks are general mostly using the Venalicium Library for Study and increasing your Research. The first is needed at 10 for all your class anyway and Research gives you the Library's and will be needed in year 2.

Thank you. It took me a short while to figure out you needed to use that place as an ability rather than just do normal study there but I managed to get through my mid term. I re did my character to have zoology rather than history and managed to get a 90 in my botony class and a 100 in my music. My lowest was incantation at 46.

That being said though I have't got a clique yet and aside from random events and the request a meeting with your mentor haven't done much adventureing. I have been too busy tring to get the Spinx to show up xD. I think I might have to replay so my characters life isn't as dull. Poor guy he always tries to help and often ends up failing. I think I might have book wormed on his subjects to much and not enough on his personal traits.

I seem to have all the libarys now though. I have also seen Longshade mentioned alot but my tidy option for that seems to be blue still and I don't have a study ability option as I do for the others.

Do I need to try and tidy there first? Or is that the option for the study effect?

Edit: Never mind I just did it. Now I know for next time.

Archived