Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 16 Bugs

Metis

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this is new, or old but it's seriousness is... low.

Basically when loading an old save when already in the game proper, the portrait and college images fail to change to reflect the game being loaded.

I suspect that there's a problem with how the game rolls it's random numbers. I'm trying, and failing, to Tidy Longshade with an Insight/Filing 2/6, so a 25% chance to succeed. I've failed a dozen time and counting. On a 25% chance roll. Pretty sure something is wrong here.

Thing is that I remember having that exact situation before with another character, so add another dozen failed tries to my current one.

24 failures on rolling a 4 on a 1d4 isn't statistically probable.

Tell that to the Sphinx :rolleyes: I've failed her roll with insight 17, wits 11 repeatedly - against an insight/wit 13 roll - heck, the roll isn't even green!

I didn't know Maigrete Strakley have a office in Academagica! Can I have one also? ;)

On a serious note:

Chameleon Familiar Adventure 02 Exit 1 gives "[Character]Character/Random (Default) walks down the hall the same way to [Character]Character/Random (Default) office" but the Random is a student!

Description of "Obsidian, small" needs a 'the' inserted.

A rare stone forged in the heart of volcanoes, this small chip of Obsidian is a wonder despite its small size. While not illegal, those who forge obsidian of any kind onto jewelry are looked at with suspicious eyes; it was historically one of symbols of the Proscribed Schools.

Also didn't know that about obsidian. Glad I didn't set Mr. Pebbles 'in stone' as being made of obsidian, haha!

Marat Advanced Reading 1 behaves strangely: once I try to improve The Everard Equation sub-skill with Intense Focus or From Novice to Master spells to beat that 18 roll - Marat Advanced Reading 1 simply disappears from both calendar and list of avaiable abilities (at the same time it remains in Abilities and Actions list).

Lore "Excerpt from the Forgotten Gates Masters"

...This forbidden book collection would probably remain a secret if it had not been for a powerful mage riding on horseback through the Strokkan countryside in 1573. She noticed a pocket of air near a rockslide that did not seem to be the exact color of its surroundings. Only a truly gifted wizard could have noticed the nearly indiscernible difference. A group of mages were sent to investigate, and to their befuddlement, they discovered the largest and most beautiful library any of them had ever seen. Indeed, the Gates users had built Mirapos’s library in an alternate realm. Standing over ten stories with winding gold staircases, fountains in an assortment of marbles, and leather furniture, the library held over 50,000 volumes. The information contained within goes far beyond the School of Gates; the Gates Masters have left us a wealth of knowledge on the very nature of Choria itself.

-Floretia Durcampo, 1515

So tell me, Legate! How can somebody writing a book in 1515 mention an event that happened in 1573? This Durcampo person must have learned time magic from the Library! ;)

Legate, it may just be coincidence but I note that Caspar has missed the finals again! (in a completely separate game.) To date I haven't found him attending that final once! Of course the # of times I've looked at that data in my games is low, but.....

I happened to go to BCS's YouTube corner, and on the Academagia's tutorial video's description, it mentions a user's guide at http://tiny.cc/acadmagia_user_guide

Sadly that link is no good anymore! You might want to fix that, Legate!

edit: the middle paragraph here I think should refer to the player, not rui. It's in Rui's trickster adventure (I think revision and danger)
23ie9w9.png

Archived