Black Chicken Studios Forums

Question to players

isadorbg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because you could hit Music 4 already in week 1 if you don't watch what your doing and because it have no roll and even give you a single SS you easy can add it to a difficult to make roll in a other timeslot of a day. But as mentioned above its just my personal preference to do this single step in week 1.

Insight 2 and 4x success in Academagia Public Practice Room #4 and your for sure there that's something that can very easy be done in week 1.

But even without this you can gain voice a lot from Events then some bad background choices that give you Music SS together with Music as class you also could hit it by week 1.

I love to hear this kind of chat. Thank you for creating this thread, isadorbd.

I am a big fan of Godina. First time, I just chose Godina girl for its portrait looked to me the prettiest one. :P But I became love this college more than ever through actual gameplays. Now I always play as a Godina girl.

a. I'm having fun playing as a energetic, simple-minded, but honest future battlemage. The Elemental Warrior and Godina combination is awesome.

b. Godina has not only a taste for power and destruction. but also Music as a mandatory class! I think it is a good choice to enroll Godina college for art-lover students.

c. I also like fellow Godina students. There is no treacherous one or bully in Godina. They are friendly and adventurous ones. It is no wonder to me that there is an option for character creation which adds 6 relationship points with randum Godina students.

Well, but for college concept itself, I like Hedi most. It is the only college that has no rivalry, and the college image as an arbitrator and an allurer is pretty cool and mysterious. :wub: I like Aranaz too, it's where the most students that I like are belonging to. I am eagerly looking forward to see the future student adventures with Rikildis, Tabin, Courtenay...... :lol:

How awesome it is to get a lurker interested in posting! Xian you've been a member almost as long as me! (yet only have 10 posts) that's an accomplishment in itself!

It just goes to show that the representatives of the various colleges are still pretty under represented. Aranaz in this thread only has two forum regulars posting for it.

I bet the overall distribution of player choices for colleges is pretty even.

Hum? isadorbd is that a close relative? :rolleyes::P

Glad you liked the thread, i felt like a thread like this was missing were players just share what they like (or not) in the game not so much what class is the most op or something but you know... the fun part.

And i liked the passion contained in many of the comment here almost got me to start a playtrough in Aranaz or Godina (almost :P ).

As for the popularity of the colleges well Durand still seems to be by far the less popular of all altough Mikka had the kindness to mention them.

Oops, sorry for the misspelling, isadorbg. I should have doublechecked regarding people's names. :blush:

Thank you for your encouraging comment, freespace. I'll try to write more posts on forum now on. :D

A little surprizing to me that Durand seems to the least mentioned college in this thread currently since I've always thought Durand as the 'Gryffindorish' College of Academagia. If I were a real student of the Academagia, I would enroll to the Durand for it has a good and even-handed Regent, Professor Briardi. And for the same reason, Aranaz will be the last college where I would go to...... :blink:

A little surprizing to me that Durand seems to the least mentioned college in this thread currently since I've always thought Durand as the 'Gryffindorish' College of Academagia.

Aranaz schemes and plots, Godina blows things up, Vernin crafts and enchants, Durand...what does Durand do?

And that is why it's not popular.

Likely Godina do "honour" stuff,.. boring old dusty honour stuff. Like eating everything on the plate, sweeping their rooms before each weekend, not elbowing people to get the front row seats in class and staying in after curfew!

I doubt about the Honour stuff after all the Current Regent is mostly interested in Rimbal. If a Mercenary become again Regent then Honour maybe becomes again a big thing but so long the current Regent is there Athletics and Rimbal probably have priority over many other things.

A little surprizing to me that Durand seems to the least mentioned college in this thread currently since I've always thought Durand as the 'Gryffindorish' College of Academagia.

Indeed. Altough i am not really surprized that Durand is so unpopular. I think its due to a variety of reason, first there is the mandatory classes as this thread shows, a college with 3 mandatory classes is not a popular choice and except the awesome Negation the other ones are well.. not the best choices.

Then there is the characters and altough i like 2 or 3, they all seem a bit "meh" for my tastes. I feel like the college lacks some values that stick the student together for other colleges for exemple many student share some common trait like Avila and its charming students, Vernin and its perfectionnist character or Morvidius and its Friendship above all aspect.

And lastly i may anger the Aranaz fans but honestly Durand lacks a compelling rival like Gryffindor had with Slytherin. You may think what you want about Slytherin but there were an elitist ambitious college with some nasty student. In academagia the values of Slytherin are dispersed between Aranaz, Morvidius and Vernin with Aranaz only taking the "ambitious" part without having what could make them a serious threat to Durand: bullies or top student.

Not surprising that Durand doesn't take their rivalry seriously.

Edit: i know that sometimes Aranaz compete with Morvidius or Vernin but honeslty the rare times i see them ahead, they quikly lose their advance and lose the Merit Race to one of the two colleges. Now I am sure that with player intervention they may win it but that doesn't count for obvious reasons. So yeah in harry potter term that makes them at the level of Ravenclaw if not Hufflepuff

Archived