Black Chicken Studios Forums

Unable to download

Alikchi

Hi - I bought this game three years ago, and recently felt like downloading it and playing it again.

Apparently I purchased it through something called Impulse, which has been replaced by the "GameStop App". The confirmation email I have with my code tells me to download through the app, but it appears to be broken. It keeps asking me to merge accounts when I only have one account, and refuses to progress beyond this screen: https://i.imgur.com/SsB03AJ.png

I have record of the purchase both in my email receipt and on the stardock website but can't figure out any way to download the game.

Sadly Stardock have sold Impulse a long time ago to Gamestop and after this the shop did got down the drain.

(I.e. they kicked nearly all Indie games out of the shop and so you can't buy Academagica there any more. Sure you still can download a extrem old version if you bought it there before)

So the only way for you is to contact the Gamestop support about your account issues as this is complete outside of any responsibility of BCS.

I have Academagia through impulse, and can confirm that you can still download the game through whatever impulse has become, if you bought it already.

The password merge is so that they can get rid of old Impulse and put their own spin on it. (I think you need to go to gamestop.com and make an account there, then merge the two.) If you can get through the nightmare, Academagia will appear in the "your games" section after you log in. Not sure what version it is, but that can easily be recified by downloading the free DLC here!

Edit: Version 1.605.018 I have no idea what version that is. Perhaps the legate can approximate that to an era of DLC for us.

Can someone suggest to me where I download this game from? I recently bought it off gamersgate but it wont play! Seems to download fine but when I open the application up it tells me an error has occurred and terminates the game.

(currently trying to get a refund as I'm guessing this isn't normal behaviour <_< ) suggestions anyone?

Yes, the game requires very up to date .net components (you can find the update in windows update, usually). After you do that try running it as an administrator and let us know how it goes..

I just figured OS means operating system haha.

how would i check the .net thingys exactly? got a windows 7 computer if that helps at all. If you could kindly let me know as I'm not sure I'll be able to check tonight.

Thank you lovely people!

I have 64-bit OS (apparently) if that helps, checked last night but didn't manage to get online to do the rest of the stuff. Will try over the weekend.

Thanks for all your help guys. Been dying to play this for a while so I'm pretty excited if this works!

• 2 weeks later...

Ms. Pond, did you make sure to run the game as administrator?

- You can right-click the icon and it might say 'Run as admin(istrator)' if it doesn't you should be able to enter 'settings' still from right-clicking and from there compatibility where it should have an option to run as admin.

If it still doesn't work, did you then update the game as Schwarzbart mentioned? - The first few instalments of Academagia was not the most stable, if memory serves.

- Go to the page he linked (here) and from there click the download link at the very top by the red CP3.

Hopefully it'll work for you, if not then keep complaining, we'll figure it out :)

Archived