Black Chicken Studios Forums

Small victories

Svinik

I know that technically Academagia isn't a sandbox game, but in a way it kindof is, and making and achieving goals is part of the fun.

So today I completed A Meeting at the Tavern, A Note from the Headmaster and Academagia Under Attack with my Morvidus student, although I didn't quite time it properly so managed to travel to the Island on Saturday with the Captain and Sunday with the Triplets which was a little odd. I feel happy. :D

I've possibly broken Yr 2 for the poor chap, but even so. Minor joy. B)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't those adventures mutually exclusive? How did you activate them all at once, or did you just save/load?

I started all 3 on the same day - the lock out used to happen at different stages, but appears to only happen on stage 1 following DLC 16. I did the next 2 stages in lockstep too but don't think I needed to as afterwards it didn't lock me out when I advanced one but not others.

I must say though, the captains adventure is looong (and I don't think the wiki suggestion of 2 ability boosts is correct) and the text on the last phase screams "we were going to do a bunch more steps and then someone said enough", while the triplets adventure has the bizarre success outcomes that you can get a Luck point if you fail, but only an item if you succeed (or glory going the other route).

Oh my, that's awesome. Potentially being buddies with the Captain, Orsi and Ilaro all at the same time? King Durand would be turning in his grave. King Aranaz would be laughing in his grave, I'm sure.

As for how it will work, that depends on how the results are coded. Since I'm pretty sure the game isn't coded to have people like the Captain and the triplets exist as actual NPCs running around in the background, and since I assume the team wasn't counting on people being able to do this, Y2 might just not notice and give you access to all three Y2 follow-up adventures. The adventure texts will, no doubt, contradict themselves horribly at several points, but since mechanically the game is just printing pre-defined strings it's not going to notice anything.

Well, I missed out on Ilaro, and I've never actually done his route or the pirates, but theoretically it looks like you could do any 3 of the 5 despite the obvious logic issues.

Although Orsi's and the Captain's adventures didn't contradict, and the triplets only overlapped with the captain on the island - although there were some strange moments when reading about a certain staff. Fortunately my student is discrete so not blabbing was in character.

Since we are on the subject of the main story, perhaps somebody can enlighten us folks with heavy bias toward just one path (in my case, Orsi's) as to the actual chain of events as a whole??

as they all mostly happen (barring some minor player intervention) I am curious.

My understanding is that the legate (of all people) had something stolen from a rich and powerful person(s) (I read that in a lore/memory... uncertain who... black costers?) Which I'm 99.9% sure is the staff. The troublemaking triplets steal it from Orsi on behalf of Illaro who wants it for who knows why, and Illaro and Orsi get into a duel for it, which basically allows thing to get out of hand and 1. A powerful storm happens, and 2. An island appears floating over/near the Academy.

While this is happening, the Captain fails to catch Illaro (he gets an A for effort though) and raids a house held by the costers, finding out Orsi's involvement in the theft. (may not happen if the player isn't helping) And a group of pirates plot to steal back the staff on behalf of the injured party.

After the storm, illaro escapes from orsi and get captured by costers in the palace, and gets freed by orsi, while the guard and pirates clash on the mystical island, where the triplets and/or a magic beast may be involved. depending.

Well, that's what I got. probably missed quite a bit, though.

The triplets gave the impression that Orsi confiscated the staff from them in their adventure.

As to which adventure is most worth it, Orsi's gives an ability point and a point of glory for 7 stages, so of the three I did it's the clear "winner", although if you like stuff then the triplets adventure gives out a random item which is usually fairly good.

Just added the pirate path to the wiki. Not sure what happened to the page, though. Wikia's just wonky like that.

BTW, pirates can get you 4 attribute points. Admittedly at least 2, possibly 3 of those 4 points are Strength, but come on. 4 points. That's a lot.

They're not easy to get. One is almost a freebie, Strength/Brute Strength v9, but the other two are Strength/Brute Strength v.19 and a Luck/Brute Strength v. 19 back to back.

Yeah, the pirates love Brute Strength. Who'd have thought?

Hmm, looks like I've put adventures on the wiki the hard way, I don't have the Mod-tools so I've been feeling my way through guesstimating the rolls - do you mind putting Ilaro's up as his isn't done? :D

I've put a few more adventures up lately which had strength increase options, but it's still the hardest stat to raise imo. Clearly they don't want you pounding Phillippe too much :P

Hmm, having just read the write-up of the pirates, how wierd would it be to do both the Captain and the Pirates? You knock him out and rescue him - who was that masked man...uh...boy?

Doing it the hard way is actually the way you're meant to do it - there's no telling whether what's written in the mod tools is actually what you're made to roll ingame, whether all the flags actually work as advertised, whether the rewards are actually what they're stated to be (see Schwarzbart's post), and most importantly, whether all that information is still applicable in DLC 16. The broken investigation flags may very well have been fixed in DLC 16. The Persuasion roll in stage 4, who's difficulty isn't listed? It's actually a contested roll against an NPC who has no attributes or skills defined, so just looking at the mod tools that roll should be completely broken. Ingame, though, it may or may not work fine, and depending on the option's color it may show what the contested roll actually means. Not to mention that for any DLC 16-added...anything I can't look up jack, the mod tools only go up to DLC 15. So yeah.

It's a decent baseline, certainly, but it's something that honestly should be tested ingame before being shown and advertised as factual data. I'm just lazy :rolleyes:.

EDIT: Added most of Ilario's side, but it's getting late here so, eh, yeah.

EDIT 2: Ilario's adventure also has a hidden +1 Strength, and yes, I did check to see that was an actual attribute increase. I'm starting to wonder if Strength is not the hardest attribute to train, just the one least obvious.

Personally, I'm interested in seeing the followups for these adventures.

I had one character that ended up doing more than one of the adventures at the same time... An accident.

That reminds me.... On a slightly unrelated note, Professor Aventyrare, is an Adventurer? Äventyrare = Adventurer in Swedish. It's hard to believe it's a coincidence.

I wonder how you get a surname like that. There should be a story to it.

She's my favorite Non-regent professor in Y1. :) (followed closely by Knoht)

You know, it just occurred to me that my specific choice of classes have endeared me to almost all of my class professors, they're easily my favorite, but sadly I seem to know next to nothing to professor Ringraeyer. There isn't much as hedi is possibly my last choice of college.. And there is no 'Glammour class adventure' that I'm aware of... :(

The only things I know are from her description and some digging In the modtools about her ancestry. Legate! I request a Glamour adventure! Surely that ought to be fun!

Professor Aventyrare is my favourite, mainly because I'm a sap.

I just finished the game, no option appeared however to do "Just going about your business", I thought it triggered after any of the main storyline plots was completed - has something happened in DLC 16 as I didn't get it in the other DLC16 game I played where I did only the captain's route and I've regularly had it in earlier DLC's.

Professor Aventyrare is my favourite, mainly because I'm a sap.

I just finished the game, no option appeared however to do "Just going about your business", I thought it triggered after any of the main storyline plots was completed - has something happened in DLC 16 as I didn't get it in the other DLC16 game I played where I did only the captain's route and I've regularly had it in earlier DLC's.

I still got it, so it's not gone.

Archived