Black Chicken Studios Forums

Small victories

Svinik

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh. Wouldn't that be...you know...a bad thing? I mean IIRC that adventure showed that Academagia vampires aren't VtM "seven turns of indirect sunlight will reduce a vampire to pixie dust (Fortitude/Huge Size notwithstanding)" vampires, but I assume there's some issues with it.

I don't see any part of that adventure having the PC express an interest in being a vampire so much as learning from the vampire. It makes me wonder just how evil it really is. Depending, Lord Krazoa (should he ever exist in the first place) might be a way for a PC without a bat familiar to become one.

Unless having a Bat Familiar is an integral part of becoming a vampire for...some reason.

As mentioned without the large boost from items and passive abilities the char would had scored only 60%.

My plan for the final exam will be a score past 200% in revision as I missed at the time of the midterm exam 3 points from passive abilities I plan to get and 4 points in skill what already would get me to 220%. But my aim is to get past the 250% I got in a previous game without using a spell to boost the score. I just hope I remember where I got all the items needed for this score.

Let us know if you start Year 2 with -10 relationship with Basia!

Crumbs, 250... Negation is usually my best due to the Magic Shield device, etc, revision not so much. :rolleyes:

The highest score I ever got without spell cheese was I think a 176 on a Dialectic final through using Oleapia’s Shrine, though I didn't really try beyond using that. The highest score I got with spell cheese was a clean 300 on a Negation final. I don't think the latter character can be taken into Y2 because Basia will outright murder me before the start of Kapsus.

Maybe he knew it was too soon to ask for an embrace, since he never even talked to the vampire at that point, but the player is so fascinated with the idea of vampirism that he asks to be a pupil even if a few moments before for all you knew it wanted to hurt you familiar. I see that as a flag for interest, even if not a strong one.

And it could exist a few ways to become a vampire, just as you can enter the Thieves Guild either by doing Chameleons adventure or doing Miya's.

Between, who is Lord Krazoa? Can i read about it on the modtools?

Perhaps, I personally believe that the player is interested in the "power" promised if the vampire blesses the curse. Though that might not come up during every stage 3 exit, so...maybe not.

True, though Miya was fan-added, not an "official" method. Than again, that might be because technically the Thieves Guild was (apparently only mostly) cut from the game. And if not that, well, it's not like the fan-added method wasn't made "official", so...

Nope, Lord Krazoa is a character in one of my Y2 adventures - the first one, a path specifically. Hence the "should he ever exist in the first place". I suppose that technically doesn't exclude him from being in the modtools necessarily, but I think the team would have to be investigated for Gates magic if he's in it ;).

heh, poor Claudia.

I imagine it would depend on the exact age and the person's lifestyle. Claudia was I think 4 or five in the novel, but in the movie was a fair bit older than that. 'Course that wasn't her choice.

Let us know if you start Year 2 with -10 relationship with Basia!

Crumbs, 250... Negation is usually my best due to the Magic Shield device, etc, revision not so much. :rolleyes:

A Student who not even manage to get a First Class Honors in all her exam scores and even is fare from be the best in most of the other class want to be angry at all the people that are better then her? ROFL

(In the 2 games I put in the effort to write down the scores she managed only to be the best in 1 class but the other class she was behind at last 1 other NPC and in Negation she is even down to place 20 in both)

Yeah, Basia is not as good as she would like herself to believe.

In fact in the one recorded game I have on hand she's ranked 30 of 84. Respectible but not exactly awe inspiring.

negation seems to be her worst score as she got 18th rank in my game.

There are apparently several other ways to extend your life or become almost immortal... Most of them I would say are better than the "Vampire" card.

If you want fancy powers, then there are other ways of aquiring them... Also, you're a wizard... You can have any powers you want assuming you got the skills and what it takes to wield them. The Sky is the limit.

Looks at my recipe for a life extending potion... That's just one of them. Apparently there was a spell that wizard knew aswell, unfortunately my character didn't ask about it... It might have been a cheap substitute to slow down aging for a while if you can't afford or pull of the fanciest stuff right away.

There are apparently several other ways to extend your life or become almost immortal... Most of them I would say are better than the "Vampire" card.

If you want fancy powers, then there are other ways of aquiring them... Also, you're a wizard... You can have any powers you want assuming you got the skills and what it takes to wield them. The Sky is the limit.

Looks at my recipe for a life extending potion... That's just one of them. Apparently there was a spell that wizard knew aswell, unfortunately my character didn't ask about it... It might have been a cheap substitute to slow down aging for a while if you can't afford or pull of the fanciest stuff right away.

This.

Vampire's "blessing" is nothing comparing to what one can achieve with magic alone.

Even in Wod, Mage> Vampire. It is known,

I think the lure to drawing power from a vampire's curse is that it gives you power now, as opposed to after several years of Glamour classes. Problem is that ingame this isn't really shown at all, since you get one attribute point regardless of what path you choose (just a different one).

Well vampires don't lose access to magic do they?

Whether it's a good idea depends on how much of a curse it is in this setting. Even the best mages eventually succumb to age (and will spend the final part of their life visibly aged) while a vampire would need to be physically killed. Often the only curses are a severe case of sunallergy and the need to drink a bit of blood. Depending on your personality that might not be much of a problem, selfishly speaking.

In VTM the benefits vastly outweigh the curse, the main problem really being longterm emotional damage. In Twllight there are no true disadvantages at all. What's bad about vampirism in this setting? If it doesn't cut you off from magic you could even rely on magic to mitigate some of the consequences.

Being vulnerable to Gates spells seems like a huge downside.

In later years, you might think noone knows about your Gates "Hobby", then all of a sudden the Legate is outside your door...

Legate: We need your help, we got a rogue Vampire that we've been unable to apprehend.

Player: But why are you asking me for help?

Legate: *Looks around to ensure that noone is listening in* Illaro isn't around when we need him and we need someone who can summon this bothersome pest. I heard you knew a few things about this kind of stuff. "It will really help you keep this secret, and you out of trouble, if you help us with these special cases every now and then."

Player: *faints*(Noone was supposed to know about it)

I really fail to see how that even suggests that vampires have a weakness to Gates. Or why Gates would classify vampires as monsters any more than it would classify humans as such.

It was suggested that the Vampire was summoned and controlled, to make him look good. If you can be summoned at whim, then you're very vulnerble.

I don't know how human summoning works.... Humans can Teleport and humans can be teleported, and you can go through certain gates designed for that purpose...

I don't know why a human can't be summoned, or what the difference would be, other than possibly divine intervention where the gods don't allow it for whatever reason? A human is, after all an animal, and most monsters are animals, some manipulated by magic, but even humans who are exposed to magic become magical.

Whatever. Maybe there is a limitation or maybe it's just harder for whatever reason. But Ican see how it would be anoying if powerful gates users could summon you at whim. It would make you very vulnerable if they could just summon you into a cage or trap and then incarcerate you, torture you, or vivisect you... Whatever.

If it would be possible to do so, then maybe there should be some kind of defence against it. Either through _Negation, or Gates knowledge.

It was suggested that the Vampire was summoned and controlled, to make him look good. If you can be summoned at whim, then you're very vulnerble.

I don't know how human summoning works.... Humans can Teleport and humans can be teleported, and you can go through certain gates designed for that purpose...

I don't know why a human can't be summoned, or what the difference would be, other than possibly divine intervention where the gods don't allow it for whatever reason? A human is, after all an animal, and most monsters are animals, some manipulated by magic, but even humans who are exposed to magic become magical.

Whatever. Maybe there is a limitation or maybe it's just harder for whatever reason. But Ican see how it would be anoying if powerful gates users could summon you at whim. It would make you very vulnerable if they could just summon you into a cage or trap and then incarcerate you, torture you, or vivisect you... Whatever.

If it would be possible to do so, then maybe there should be some kind of defence against it. Either through _Negation, or Gates knowledge.

If vampires could be summoned and controlled on a whim, than why do the supposed village-destroying bloodsuckers still exist? More to the point, what would Gates be if a confirmed master spellcaster couldn't summon a vampire from wherever?

Humans can't be summoned? Is that a lore?

If it's merely harder I imagine it's because humans tend to know they have names. I imagine it's easier to summon "a monster" than any specific individual, be they rat or human.

The way i see it is, if Gates can summon, Fairies, Ghosts , Dragons and who knows what else, why could not summon a vampire too? That's not something i can confirm, so your make valid points.

If it can summon every form of life (and unlife) up to and including a Dragon, why couldn't it summon a human?

Perhaps something lost during the Gates ban, if it was ever known to begin with. Again, if it's not against some natural law that humans can be summoned through Gates, which I will believe is the work of either Dragons or Divine (Old or New), I'm sticking to the assumption that the technique failed because the (human) spellcasters attempted to summon people with names.

In VTM the benefits vastly outweigh the curse, the main problem really being longterm emotional damage. In Twllight there are no true disadvantages at all. What's bad about vampirism in this setting? If it doesn't cut you off from magic you could even rely on magic to mitigate some of the consequences.

Huh... If you say so... . I mean being a slave to the Ancients whim, eternal damnation and of course the sun, blood and loss of humanity are rather big issues for me.

Of course immortality is nice (more like a few centuries/thousands years cause Gehenna) but yeah I'd say being a vampire in the wod is not the best thing that can happen to you. I vastly prefer the other supernatural creature even id they are "mortal" and they are bigger badasses even !

As for weakness as long as they are obliterated by the Sun and need to suck blood they have the bare minimum to be called vampire. The rest is just bonus. :D

As for the Gates discussion I have my own theory about Mjolnir.

He summoned the vampire with Gates and used a totally different and very exotic magic to controll it. I think it start with M... . ;)

Unfortunatly it works on human too. :(

Of course immortality is nice (more like a few centuries/thousands years cause Gehenna) but yeah I'd say being a vampire in the wod is not the best thing that can happen to you. I vastly prefer the other supernatural creature even id they are "mortal" and they are bigger badasses even !

He summoned the vampire with Gates and used a totally different and very exotic magic to controll it. I think it start with M... . ;)

Unfortunatly it works on human too. :(

The best thing that can happen to you in a WoD game is to never exist, I think. It's just that kind of setting, usually.

Or he first summoned a boulder a few dozen meters above wherever he was and then summoned a vampire. The guy was a fraud anyway, so why put himself in undue risk by giving his patsies a chance?

The best thing that can happen to you in a WoD game is to never exist, I think. It's just that kind of setting, usually.

Or he first summoned a boulder a few dozen meters above wherever he was and then summoned a vampire. The guy was a fraud anyway, so why put himself in undue risk by giving his patsies a chance?

Of course life in the WoD suck but the vampire have it even worse than the rest.

I mean at least becomming a mage or a Werewolf is an improvement for a normal human. You get new kewl superpowers while still keeping good chances for the after life and no other real drawback either.

And if you are really talented as a mage (and lucky). You might have a shot at immortality too,

Archived