Black Chicken Studios Forums

I did it!

freespace2dotcom

It depend on how you plan to play your game. I for example hate it to make 20-100 reroll just to get a specific NPC in your clique when I instead could be already in the 2nd month using the same time playing the game. (I usual stop latest after 5-10 try on a single thing before I change my plan)

20 rolls to get someone in clique? I just spend 3 actions on the same person charm first. befriend + charm is the clique roll. Usually doesn't take long.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me using 2 actions befriend to rise the the relationship from 0 to 2 before doing the actual befriend to form the clique feel like a waste especial when 2 week later you might have a relationship of 2 with doing nothing else then what was planed anyway.

But for me the benchmark of a good play trough is mostly in having done the adventures I wanted to have done including all the Student adventures of every member of my clique and the familiar adventures.

That I want to have done the Student adventures of all clique members result in that I cant do to big cliques anyway and its more interesting to have different members each play.

Edit: And with only 1 Background slot, 1 Class slot and 13 time slot really fixed I think I got a very flexible build that still can do most things early on.

For me using 2 actions befriend to rise the the relationship from 0 to 2 before doing the actual befriend to form the clique feel like a waste especial when 2 week later you might have a relationship of 2 with doing nothing else then what was planed anyway.

But for me the benchmark of a good play trough is mostly in having done the adventures I wanted to have done including all the Student adventures of every member of my clique and the familiar adventures.

That I want to have done the Student adventures of all clique members result in that I cant do to big cliques anyway and its more interesting to have different members each play.

Edit: And with only 1 Background slot, 1 Class slot and 13 time slot really fixed I think I got a very flexible build that still can do most things early on.

Why are you guys so into adventures? Years ago when I played this game a lot and you still got +3 Charm I maxed out study levels and a ton of skills and had all 6+ attributes by midterms and then from there I did a lot of adventures and raised skills in fun places between. I did like 20 adventures or something the second half of the year and I could have done more. Why are you all in a hurry to do adventures early?

Adventures tend to give attributes. They're not the only way but they're pretty reliable to get if you've prepared for them. Plus one big difference in adventures from the old days is that there are some which can possibly be done in one timeslot if you're good enough.(most new adventures also don't need more than 4, although there are exceptions...)

Of course attributes are necessary to raise some really difficult skills decently fast. Even with Fitness 7 there are still some Mastery subskills that need at least two skill steps to train because of the high training modifier by default. Raising your skills faster allows for more adventures to be done, and you get a sort of feedback loop that really raises your character stats by the end of the year.

Also Adventures give the story to the character when your anyway the best of the best of your year and don't forget that adventures give you skills.

Edit take i.e. The Nut adventure I just did it gave me 7 skill step, 2 x +2 Relationship and a + 1 Fitness Hand item and that all in just 1 time slot. Even if I take 1 slot to cast Cleanse and Remake its still superior to everything else I could have done in this 2 time slot.

Also Adventures give the story to the character when your anyway the best of the best of your year and don't forget that adventures give you skills.

Edit take i.e. The Nut adventure I just did it gave me 7 skill step, 2 x +2 Relationship and a + 1 Fitness Hand item and that all in just 1 time slot. Even if I take 1 slot to cast Cleanse and Remake its still superior to everything else I could have done in this 2 time slot.

That's a rather massive buff to adventures. It sorta feels like the designers are blatantly favoring one playstyle in a really unfortunate way. Granted, post midterms with adventures taking an average of 3 time steps I could do 20 adventures a week, 80 a month. That's insane. Are there even that many adventures?

Exactly how much time is not known, but I personally assume it'll be fewer than the 10 Research actions it generally takes per skill level max in Y1 if you're going the research route. IIRC there's also going to be a "favor" route of getting skill max increases where you butter up professors and have them share their knowledge (or...something), and of course classes in Y2 are assumed to take take of their subject's skill max increases. Incidentally, that's part of the reason why classes in Y2 are assumed to be significantly better than they are(n't) Y1.

That's a rather massive buff to adventures. It sorta feels like the designers are blatantly favoring one playstyle in a really unfortunate way. Granted, post midterms with adventures taking an average of 3 time steps I could do 20 adventures a week, 80 a month. That's insane. Are there even that many adventures?

It's really more like the game blatantly favors prior knowledge. Adventures vary wildly in terms of rewards, actions required and overall difficulty. If you think skill steps are like a newbie trap than you're unlikely to be pleased by adventures.

It's really more like the game blatantly favors prior knowledge. Adventures vary wildly in terms of rewards, actions required and overall difficulty. If you think skill steps are like a newbie trap than you're unlikely to be pleased by adventures.

Hey, I managed to crack Dance of Fools the first time! But mostly it was pure luck. Yeah adventures are a bit of a newbie trap. But if you know what to do, the benefits of the new compressed adventures are MASSIVE.

• 3 weeks later...

Result after Saturday the 27. Kaliri of my last play trough of a Godina char, all values with full equipment and emotions.

With the Ometti and the Light Fairies as allies this sky pirate have lot of a Morvidus.

Because of the untrained Palettes SS (only 1) he have to use Orthography (11) for enchanting but lacking the mathematic skills is probably the more serious problem in crafting for him.

Attributes

Fitness 12

Finesse 10

Charm 12

Strength 8

Intelligence 16

Insight 13

Luck 10

Class

Athletics 12 (Competition 10; Running 11; Swimming 10; Wrestling 10) only 2nd best in the final exam

Dialectic 11 (Famous Dilemmas 11; First Principles 11; Logic 11; Sleuthing 11)

Incantation 17 (Incantation Methods 16; Incantation Phemes 12; Incantation Spells 14; Theory of Incantation 13)

Music 13 (Harpsichord 12; Lute 13; Lyre 12; Violine 12; Voice 10)

Negation 19 (Negation Methods 22; Negation Phemes 12; Negation Spells 17; Theory of Negation 12)

Zoology 11 (Birds 10; Fish 11; Insects 13; Mammals 10; Worms 11)

Main Skill >10

Ambush 13 (Danger Sense 17 Mimicry 12 Move Silently 13)

Astrology 16 (Stars 12; The Everard Equation 11; Theory of Astrology 12)

Enchant 11 (Magical Appraisal 11; Materials Knowledge 10; Theory of Enchantment 10)

Forge 12 (Armorer 10; Courage 12; Jeweler 10; Metallurgy 10)

Gates 11 (Gates Methods 12; Gates Phemes 10; Gates Spells 12; Theory of Gates 11)

History 11 (Legacy of Many Towers 10; The Early Empire 10; The Middle Empire 10)

Religion 11 (Oratory 11; Piety 10; Prayer 10; Theology 10)

Research 15 (Cryptology 11; Filing 12; Library Knowledge 13)

Revision 15 (Revision Methods 13; Revision Phemes 11; Revision Spells 12; Theory of Revision 10)

Sabotage 12 (Artisan 12; Perception 16; Playfulness 14)

Society 12 (Awareness 10; Persuasion 11; Willpower 10)

War 11 (Famous Battles 10; Leadership 11; Logistic 11)

Main Skill = 10

Art 10 (Creativity 11; Music Theory 9; Theatre 10)

Botany 10 (Agriculture 10; Flowers 10; Seeds 10)

Compete 10 (Manipulation 10; Planning 14; Wit 12)

Enspell 10 (Concentration 13; Diction 10; Phemes 11)

Heraldry 10 (Diplomacy 10; Intrigue 10; Politics 10)

Malice 10 (Dispassion 11; Patience 13; Puzzles 10)

Plot 10 (Dedication 11; Flawless Timing 10; Reason 8)

Raid 10 (Navigation 12; Pure Luck 10; Tactics 10)

Rhetoric 10 (Character 9; Confidence 14; Passion 12)

School Survival 10 (Curiosity 10; Familiar Kinship 10; Social Skills 10; Test Taking 10)

Familiar Wildflower (Sprite)

Fitness 2

Finesse 3

Charm 4

Strength 2

Intelligence 3

Insight 5

Luck 5

Ambush 2 (Danger Sense 3; Mimicry 2; Move Silently 2)

Bond 10 (Bond of Iron 10; Bond of Silver 10; Bond of Stars 10)

Compete 2 (Manipulation 2; Planning 2; Striving Against the Foe 2; Wit 2)

Enspell 4 (Concentration 4; Diction 4; Phemes 4)

Espionage 6 (Acting 6; Deceit 6; Infiltration 6)

Glamour 8 (Glamour Methods 8; Glamour Phemes 8; Glamour Spells 9; Theory of Glamour 8)

History 5 (Pride of the Rebel Queen 4; The Early Empire 4; The History of Magic 4)

Incantation 6 (Incantation Methods 6; Incantation Phemes 6; Incantation Spells 7; Theory of Incantation 6)

Negation 5 (Negation Methods 4; Negation Phemes 4; Negation Spells 5; Theory of Negation 4)

Raid 2 (Navigation 2; Pure Luck 6; Tactics 2)

Society 12 (Awareness 10; Persuasion 10; Willpower 10)

War 3 (Leadership 2; Logistic 2; Strategy 2)

• 3 months later...

If anyone is interested in the mid term exam results of my current game here a LibreOffice table with all the results entered.

Sadly probably because of Hall Session Cante Caviti and Magsa Nembo missed Dialectic and Zoology while Ausdauer Mollers "only" missed Zoology! I entered a meagre 10 for all 5 missing entries.

If you wonder why I ended so low with Arithmetic the reason is that I only managed a study of 4 till the exam there.

Yes its a class skipping game with morning class Revision, History, Arithmetic and afternoon class Negation, Dialectic, Zoology

My scores for people not want to load the ods file:

History 90 (3rd best)

Dialectic 94 (best)

Negation 90 (best)

Revision 140 (best)

Zoology 127 (best)

Arithmetic 35 (bit over average)

Hey, I managed to crack Dance of Fools the first time! But mostly it was pure luck. Yeah adventures are a bit of a newbie trap. But if you know what to do, the benefits of the new compressed adventures are MASSIVE.

Dance of Fools is kind of a fixed event Adventure, set to that date. Have you tried the Action "Adventure" in the callendar. (Some people miss it I've heard) It will give you a long list of possible Adventures and more are unlocked due to changes in relations and time of year I think. Least I know it was a possible factor.

Also don't forget we have 1 more timeslot per day in year 2 even if the Legate told us that it will cost us when we use it.

It will probably be the "Burning the midnight oil" time slot. It might cost you a few stress points to use. Meaning you stayed up all night maybe.

If it is some sort of midnight time slot that cost a few stress points, it would be perfect for my type of characters. I mean why bother staying awake when there is so much to do.

If it is some sort of midnight time slot that cost a few stress points, it would be perfect for my type of characters. I mean why bother staying awake when there is so much to do.

It probably hurts Vitality, too, or even a permanent Fitness drop if it goes on for too long. Kids need their sleep, and even people in their prime can't go on without sleep indefinitely. Also, don't you mean staying asleep? ;)

Yes hahha, my bad I just woke up. I am not worried about vitality due to my tendency to have high fitness(got to learn that forbidden magic) unless its a permanent fitness drop then it is a problem.

Archived