Black Chicken Studios Forums

Power of Revision compared to Enchant and other magic

Schwarzbart

1 single Point increase might not be enough to make a huge difference but it's a good adition to the setup and lasts for a week.

Curse of the Branding iron gives 5 points to all atributes. It only takes one skilstep in each bond to increase a level with that increase. It's deffinately a good first starter... thoguh the description makes it sound fairly evil. Also, your Bond of Iron can't go to the negative so it works well.

Once it's worn out, you will loose 8 bond of Iron skilstep if you cast it again, however since it takes nearly 8 skilsteps when unbuffed for a raw familiar with low fitness, it suggests that you can pretty much regain it with one or two points after gettign rebuffed, since it's jsut one or two levels..

So it's a great starter to get your bonds going. It only takes a few levels of revision to learn the skill. It's easy to get.

Getting each bond level down to just one skillstep is quite the boost don't you think?

For Bound I use Entertain as it gives a full level to a bound of choice and also increase 2 relationship. Also don't forget your limited to your bound +1 for train the skills of your familiar so unless you resist the -10 iron bound effect you can't use this spell to train your familiar.

For Bound I use Entertain as it gives a full level to a bound of choice and also increase 2 relationship. Also don't forget your limited to your bound +1 for train the skills of your familiar so unless you resist the -10 iron bound effect you can't use this spell to train your familiar.

I can use it to train my bond, it might not be very good otherwise.

If I set the spell up for the middayslot I can put in an Improved Familiar handling for the afternoon slot.

+1 Level Bond of Iron

+1 level Bond of Silver

+1 Level Bond of Stars

+1 Level Bond of Iron

Next morning

+1 Level Bond of Silver

+1 level Bond of Stars

+1 Level Bond of Iron

+1 Level Bond of Silver

Midday

+1 Level Bond of stars

One casting and training

Has brought the Bond up to Level 3 in 1 Days of timeslots. So 9 bond skillevels

Afternoon

+1 Level Bond of Iron

Morning

+1 Level Bond of Silver

+1 level Bond of Stars

+1 Level Bond of Iron

+1 Level Bond of Silver

Midday

+1 Bond of Stars

Bond of 5 in two Days... I hardly call that useless for training..

That in itself seems Worth it for two Days of training and timeslots.

Now that the atributes have reset I can cast the Branding Iron again, It might cost 10 skillsteps, but several of those would be eaten up by redusing the skilsteps needed for a level...

Uhmm you using a cheat mod in Improved Familiar Training? Usually you only can use it every other day.

No, no cheatmoding, it's all vanilla, but I use the skillpreset tabs to bring forth Improved familiar training I set a couple of them up to get the right spred. You can use it to setup day after day of Study at the library of Longshadow aswell, witohut suffering the 1 day wait and picking soemtihng else to do or Another study locale. Same with all the Libraries and all other 1 day cooldowns.

Improved familiar handlign resets every day, you can't pick it as a pick manualy but the presetbuttons will bring it up and Before the morning the skill will have reset. You can¨t do that with abilities that has a longer recovery than 1 day. Doesn't work on Write Travelogue for example.

It effectively brigns my Hawk from Bond 0 to bond 5 on two Days Worth of training. Best way I know off other than cheat modding.

You know those round things with the > In the middle to the left of the last signoff for the day window. The > sign allows you to coppy the curretn set of abilities, clickign the orange round area allows you to paste the ability picks to the current day on the callendar.

The "Student of the Arcane"

Ability bonus and description is interesting and follows the impressions I've been getting. Astrology isn't really recognized in current academic society, least not in the same way as the four msot recognized magic pillars.

Glamour

Incantation

Negation

Revision

Which is part of the reason why I tend to skip on Astrology as a class option, but I still endup picking up it's skills, because it's still a cool school to study with soem interesting possibilities.

You miss the important point here Astrology was a development by the new gods and can't be used by the dragons while the other pillars where learned from the dragons.

So in my opinion as soon it will come to a fight with dragons (what I expect will happen during our 5 years) Astrology will be beside engineering the most important advance humans have over dragons.

In the description of the spell "Durand's Flotilla", it says the Dragon emperor chagned the World to it's current state.... If Islands are collapsing then it's possible whatever spell or magic the dragon emperor unleashed is fading away.

I don't know, but, maybe that is what will call for action, the end of the World, it couldbe what will be happening in year 5 or right after year 5 as the finale.

Maybe they have to find the Place where the Dragon Emperor cast that spell. Or maybe the magic is failing because the Dragon Emperor is failing/dying or goign utterly senile and is unable to maintain the situation.

I'm not sure how Astrology will help, but it might help you pinpoint the location you need to go to.

• 3 months later...

Also, there is this enchantment Walls of Loy I think it's called in Adventures, don't think we got it in our spell book.... It seems to act more like an actual spell than just an enchantment utilising elements from other pillars.

Don't know if it borrows anything from other pillars since it seems to be an Adventure special.... Kind of like that muddy boot spell.

Walls of Loys, and yes, it does have a mechanical spell:

Walls of Loys does a point of damage to your Choice of Item, with no Rolls required. It's a good spell to know - handy in some Adventures - but not something you're likely to use much on your favorite toys.

In the small town of Loys, mysterious walls hover around the old mayor’s house. No one bothers to repair it, and every single year, the bricks spread a little farther apart, and the walls come closer to crashing down. When the Swan Lady of Loys developed a spell to damage Items, she named it after those walls in fondness of her hometown.

Incidentally, Hrud’s Boots of Mud also has a mechanical spell, as does Aganathi’s Lamp and Sergei's Timely Doorjam.

Archived