Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

From every ocean and every sea rise fleets of strange new combatants - far more numerous, far more powerful and far more savage than any armada the world has ever known. These fearsome new enemies, the Morganae, have declared war on all of humanity. The navies of the Axis and Allied powers must unite against them - even if their governments sometimes have other ideas.

Our greatest allies are the courageous and powerful Belles. Woken from deep slumber, the Belles are the souls of their namesake ships taken form. With a Belle on deck, a ship becomes stronger, more accurate, and capable of enduring more punishment than otherwise physically possible.
The first Belles to wake on that dark September day have chosen you as their Captain and it is up to you lead them into battle against the Morganae. You hold the fate of humanity in your capable hands, and the battle for the future of the world is yours to win.

©Campaign

>Klabautermanns
Scharnhorst and U-?? ?

>sail Belles
Geriatric Wars, pt II ?

>15 belles on Board

>12 vote remains

is it possible to get 2 belles in 1 interview?

v_L;

It's possible, but the Team would have to have a special reason to do it.

Arizona will be the sole star of her show, though. :)

No comment on sail Belles! Armor Piercing shells wouldn't be necessary for them, but...the risk of fire is extreme. :)

I know there are missions to go after the Morganas and the whole Gentleman's Agreement, but is there anything stopping you as the Captain from, say, raiding German shipping for Great Britain? Or is it simply "I don't have to help your German Belle if she's in trouble"? Like I know how we can help advance our own nation. Can we also hamper other nations?

I know there are missions to go after the Morganas and the whole Gentleman's Agreement, but is there anything stopping you as the Captain from, say, raiding German shipping for Great Britain? Or is it simply "I don't have to help your German Belle if she's in trouble"? Like I know how we can help advance our own nation. Can we also hamper other nations?

I think thsi one was answered a while back. IIRC, The gentleman's agreement is "don't fight other belles if you can avoid it" but the nations are still all going to war as normal and you're somewhat expected by your high command to attack non-belle vessels and do your patriotic duty.

W99;

What Fifrein wrote, but modified in this way- you can't *directly* attack other nation's fleets, at least in '39, but you have many opportunities to either aid your chosen Nation(s) or hamper others, at your discretion.

So I guess the Belles and thus the oceanic fronts of WWII are on a long-term ceasefire, but that does not preclude shore bombardments or air strikes to support ground operations?

Does this agreement also include the merchant marine?

So how about this? I know there are things for death days. What about birthdays (and if so how would those be calculated)? Today's HMS Bulldog's launch date, which I've taken to call her birthday (86 years old). Will they also have a "if they go out and win some battles they get something" kind of thing that is similar to their death days thing?

Hey Legate, 2 questions. If I donate via PayPal now would I still get the book? Also, Since the belle have need of rest in their physical form do they have other biological needs? IE Hunger, Thirst, Removal of waste, Menstruation, etc. Sorry for odd question but I'm a bio-major and I find this stuff fascinating.

Hey Legate, 2 questions. If I donate via PayPal now would I still get the book? Also, Since the belle have need of rest in their physical form do they have other biological needs? IE Hunger, Thirst, Removal of waste, Menstruation, etc. Sorry for odd question but I'm a bio-major and I find this stuff fascinating.

Somehow I don't think that last one is an issue. I'm relatively certain ships don't sexually reproduce, irrelevant of personification.

Somehow I don't think that last one is an issue. I'm relatively certain ships don't sexually reproduce, irrelevant of personification.

They also don't sleep, wear clothes, get drunk, eat, and enter in to romantic relationships, however the Belle, the avatar of the ship, can do all of this. My curiosity is if the Avatar except for the obvious supernatural powers are basically human.

RA;

Hey Legate, 2 questions. If I donate via PayPal now would I still get the book?

Do you mean Mahan's book? If so, yes.

Also, Since the belle have need of rest in their physical form do they have other biological needs? IE Hunger, Thirst, Removal of waste, Menstruation, etc. Sorry for odd question but I'm a bio-major and I find this stuff fascinating.

They can, but they don't need to if they don't want to. Strictly speaking, they don't even have the need to take physical form. Some Belles only rarely take physical form, in fact.

They don't really even need to sleep- they just find it difficult to focus if they go too long without rest of some kind.

Bah! I wish I could afford that! I'm sorry, Legate, for 2 reasons: 1) I'm about to go off topic, and 2) I'm about to rant a little about poor decisions by the team.

I understand that you guys need the money to keep this project going. I really do, and I support BCS all the way in getting this done. However, looking at the paypal, there's no way in HELL that I can justify spending $100 on a virtual skin and an unlock in a game that I can wait for a year later. The book itself is a custom version, this I get. However, I got my copy of it for $6 in the library of the USS Midway. It retails on Amazon for between $10 and and $15 normally, $25 for the hardcover edition "classic reprint". Add the foreward by Mahan and VB cover art, and you could probably get away with selling that for $50 reasonably safely. However, that leaves a $100 bonus fee which is left alone for Mahan and her special skin. two virtual items, one of which you can get in game already, and the other of which is purely cosmetic.

If I had to compare this to something, it's Wargaming's old, terrible habit of selling ships in bundles with a special flag and several upgrades for twice the price of the ship alone. Players of World of Warships got fed up with it, and didn't consider buying premium ships to be worth it. I feel the same about this. I really, really want Mahan and her special admiral skin, but again, the devil's gonna have to give me a huge loan before I'd consider it a worthy purchase to grab a book I already have and two virtual items for well over $100.

My suggestion would be to sell Mahan and her skin as a standalone package for a more reasonable price, probably less than $50 would be a safe bet. Advertise that a bit and I think I know a few people who couldn't support the game before who would be a bit more willing to buy a piece. ;)

Speaking of pieces, I think I've said mine. Sorry again Legate.

Fifrein;

No problem!

However...small volume print runs are expensive, and it's not our primary business, so...for it to be worthwhile from the perspective of fundraising, it does need to have a certain expense.

Sorry, but for physical goods it's not likely to change. :(

Well that covers the book, but can't you sell the virtual goods at a lower price as standalones? I think that would work quite well for you.

Fifrein;

Oh, you'll certainly see some of that, but Admiral Mahan with the book is, well, what enabled us to create a custom version in the first place. We'd like to make that book (and her skin!) a little special. ;)

That's not to say we don't understand your desire, either, but this costume really deserves to be with his book.

They also don't sleep, wear clothes, get drunk, eat, and enter in to romantic relationships, however the Belle, the avatar of the ship, can do all of this. My curiosity is if the Avatar except for the obvious supernatural powers are basically human.

So...are they kinda like the Mental Models of Arpeggio? I heard that Victory Belles is a mix of Kancolle (weapons on Belle) and Arpeggio (there's an actual ship) in terms of characterization for our Belles.

So...are they kinda like the Mental Models of Arpeggio? I heard that Victory Belles is a mix of Kancolle (weapons on Belle) and Arpeggio (there's an actual ship) in terms of characterization for our Belles.

I'd say it's kind of just a lot closer to Arpeggio in terms of how things work, but as for weapons and equipment, think regular ships to the Nth degree.

So...regular ships with some spirit on them? I'm thinking Victory Belles is more supernatural than tech-based (no Klein Field :()

They interact with our world through tech but they are still supernatural and have appeared throughout human history as the Valkyries and Kami. They adopt the ship as a conduit to interact with the physical realm.