Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

With the general lack of German Carriers, I know that I will have to depend on Diplomatic channels for most of my Carriers till later years(most likely Japan for me), but its there a chance SMS Stuttgart makes an appearance? or is her time frame a little too early to be included?

FAoD;

Already scrapped, alas! For air support, you will need to reply on Diplomatic Channels, or improve your Bases. :)

Because Germany focused more on UBoats and their army/Air Force than carriers, unlike the Japanese and British and Americans

I know...I was just hoping to be able to catch a scrap...But looks like Im going to be depending on Japan for their Carriers.

For now at least. They did confirm we will eventually get Graf Zeppelin

I wonder what kind of personality Graf Zeppelin will have considering her service history won't be that diverse or extensive? I imagine her as a bit of a shut-in or someone aggressively trying to prove their worth.

I wonder what kind of personality Graf Zeppelin will have considering her service history won't be that diverse or extensive? I imagine her as a bit of a shut-in or someone aggressively trying to prove their worth.

That and an innate fear of being decommissioned I'd imagine.

Or worse. She wasn't treated very well. Totally at the whim of Hitler's mood. And what the Soviet's did to her. Poor thing...

Massive inferiority complex coupled with over zealous and reckless nature... Dangerous combination.

An ojou-sama-esque character? Haughty or Arrogant Front nature due to her pride in her specs, however she is hiding having a fear of being thrown away, discarded or being viewed as useless. Or on the other hand have a yandere-esque character who latches on to the captain due to fear of mentioned above.

Belles' personalities draw from their home port and their namesake as well as their history as a ship. I guess a lot will depend on how BCS fits her in. Will they assume she was completed more or less reasonably on schedule? Or will she be introduced after she's been a hot potato for a while?

I would like the idea of her being a hot potato but as mentioned BCS has final say. I also like to imagine she doesn't like sharing. Hitler ordering her stripped of her armaments to support other units. Put a chip on anyone's shoulder about "sharing".

Historynerd;

No comment! :)

But as we go along in the Story, 'paper' ships will grow in importance to those navies which historically didn't have a significant build program during the War.

Alright.

However, let me comment that, by what I gather, the Aquila came closer to completion (ship-wise, as her aircraft complement was going to be a pain, I admit) than the Graf Zeppelin did (as the former performed static engine trials, and was preparing to perform full sea trials by October 1943).

So, I don't quite see how the Aquila is that much paper-y than the Graf Zeppelin... :rolleyes:

All Legate said was "No Comment" with a smiley. I don't think you have much to worry about. :P

Alright, I just wondered why the two cases should be treated differently; given that neither ship was actually completed and commissioned, I don't see why the Graf Zeppelin could be considered less of a paper-ship than the Aquila.

Nothing more.

Historynerd;

No comment! :)

But as we go along in the Story, 'paper' ships will grow in importance to those navies which historically didn't have a significant build program during the War.

But first! '39!

Fixed that for ya there Legate ;)