Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

They're creating an international version that changes two flags for equal or lesser reasons (I'm quite familiar with modern Germany's attitude towards the swastika, not as familiar with Japan and the...eh, rising sun, I think?), so it's a safe bet that neither version will so much as suggest such things exist.

^^^ If we're talking about anything more the tobacco and ethanol, I totally agree. As far as tobacco and alcohol, though, we've already seen smoking Belles.

Thematic organized drug abuse? Are we talking about ethanol (i.e. beer) and free cigarettes in rations?

No, from what I heard is that i.e. the German used the drug speed (amphetamine) during WW2 and I'm think that other countries also used drugs to improve the moral and performance of the soldiers.

Ahhh...the various forms of amphetamine. I can't answer to that with certainly, of course, but I would suspect Metis is right. I'm sure the goal is for the game to be rated appropriate for teens in the USA, much less the issues elsewhere. That said, they might obliquely reference it. For example, an additive to a ship's fuel oil causing various hijinks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1186828/GameStuff/VictoryBelles/Captain'sAssociationBingo.jpg

Is the mask of C6 also count as radar or just glasses and googles?

Also why can't is use the IMG command here?

I believe it's just a mask. I mean it is Nawlins so just one of those kinds of masks.

Have you thought about doing the game in other languages in the future?

This is hugely unlikely due to translation costs, but there's one more recent addition that make it outright impossible for the Chinese market.

Due to a recent change in policy, Mainland China now forbids any alphabets (or symbols that resemble alphabet characters) in mobile games. I am not joking. People are getting their games rejected because of the "X" in, say, Item X 6.

This obviously doesn't apply to Taiwan or Hong Kong, but we don't have that many people. Plus, you probably will get plagiarized if you do make the move to China :P .

There's a certain degree of efficiency to them that other styles don't have, although efficiently shooting oneself in the foot is not a quality to be admired.

I honestly can't say whether I like this law or not, actually. On the one side there ought to be a law against the ever increasing tidal wave of garbage that is mobile gaming, on the other side I don't think that the presence of something resembling a letter of the alphabet is the correct unit of measurement for whether a mobile game has a reason to exist or not. One step forwards, two steps back <_<.

Meh, But that law almost certainly has nothing to do with games. It's some crap meant to keep foreign cultures out lest the plebs start thinking for themselves. Narrow minded self interest doesn't impress me.

Inevitably, though it makes me wonder what the stated reason for the ban is. Assuming a stated reason was even given, of course. There's legitimate arguments one can make for why mobile games require some form of government oversight/restrictions. 'Course whether they'd be accepted and/or work is another matter, but you could make a decent-sounding argument for why they should exist.

Taking a quick 'catch-up' peak with this thread......

1) I do hope you do not day 1 max out your ship because that just devalues both Kanmusu & Belles a-like. You don't have time to bond with them from level 1 to 99, and beyond. I took time with my Bismarck waifu because she will become my waifu, thus her naturally leveling by joining me on sorties whenever called for. Her, Yuudachi, and Jun'you being most useful that I have stories to tell of them from their day 1 till now. Sadly I can't say similar with Kako because I haste leveled her, yet there's some growing attachment. SImilar to how I had stories to tell of Graf Zeppelin & Shoukaku having a little rivalry/friendly competition going on by leveling up to lvl 50 :D

2) Yeah, Canada being forgotten. That comic is true, or at least for this year. The years previous have been good with special thanks to the Queen. It was so lackluster this year that I can't praise 2016 July 1st in any manner that it all goes to USA this year, as with Iowa in KanColle Americans having the most fun for 2016, as with Pokemon GO also that Canadians still suffering with no Pokemon GO yet. No WW2 'Vero' plane, nothing. Just propaganda & silence. Well, maybe a storm, but I guess them two severe storms being the best part. B)Still holding out hope that Canada shall gain its own faction in VB.

3) Drugs eh? Makes me curious if Belles shall go running off for some booze during their down time to chill out, semi-Jun'you style & Pola. I know it's not Canadian purely, just hearing how Canadians from Prince Robert would indulge themselves with various local & foreign Ales and similar. Curious whenever you're not looking that your Belle would just go for it, or have someone go for such when they're on such a tight short leash. Not VN related, but just as a thing that just happens where you can make note of it in game with how Belles behave outside the VN world.

I can only imagine how much people would try blaming & attacking VB over drugs in the uncensored version, in similar levels to Japan's R18 games & Grand Theft Auto because they've been pampered so much that they'd bleed severely on a scratch. Blue blood thing taken, without nobility stuff. But ya. *waits to read more about long-lance torpedoes & drugs on this forum* :ph34r:

I don't think VB is ever going to achieve the level of popularity necessary to be used as a scapegoat, at least short of someone putting deliberate effort into setting it up as such. And even than it'll likely be forgotten because names like GTA just make for much prettier headlines.

AK;

Yeah, Metis' point is right- the game would have to achieve a GTA level of notoriety for that kind of scrutiny to appear. I think we're good. :)

For now, yes. Wait until it releases, passes a few years, then word of mouth improves. Right now you're set, but it's amazing what kind of stupid people you stumble across with that I have to constantly shake my head & groan at. It simply....amazes me in that negative manner in how low people get. I'll be watching, listening to anybody's complaints heh. It's in my zone of interest.

If you think you're safe then that's awesome. Hope that keeps on for as long as you operate.

That's not suffering, that's a blessing. Play a real Pokemon game if you want to play Pokemon.

Depends on POV, but ya. I had enough of Pokemon gameboy rehashes that I started going into Pixelmon desiring more open-world like Pixelmon. Haven't played since X&Y, as in fading in & out of various titles. It's always the same thing when you complete the game that it just abruptly ends. You can't keep going...... The new Sun & Moon simply seems to be the same thing we've has since Red & Blue with progress not really seen, yet Pokemon Gold, SIlver & Crystal being the best because it tried adding TWO regions. Wish it took the route of Lego Worlds or Pixelmon where the world is either already built for you in 3D for you to go from world to world, or have a free-roaming world the get-go with terrain being randomly generated. Maybe a mix of both so you can keep exploring........

Wanted to play Pixelmon again recently on my 'new' gaming computer with things becoming more complicated in how you install these Minecraft mods that I simply went to other, easier access, type games.