Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

Or even better, play a complete game rather than most of a game like Pokémon games tend to be. If it weren't for the randomizer I'd have never heard Deoxys' battle theme in Gen 3 (and let me tell you what an amazing moment that was, me wondering what the music was doing and than seeing "Wild Deoxys wants to fight!"), and rest assured, that's only the tip of the iceberg.

Let's get things back on track with a question I had, which came to me after reading the interview with Yavuz.

There aren't many choices for Imperial German warships to be further added to the game, but I was wondering if the dev teamk would consider the addition of the German battlecruiser SMS Derrflinger to the game. She is the sole remaining German battlecruiser of the fleet that was scuttled at Scapa flow in 1919. All the others had been scrapped years prior, and in 1939 her wreck was raised. Destined for the scrapyards, of course, but perhaps in the Victory Belles universe she would get a second chance at life in the form of a Belle manifesting for her.

I think it would be a really neat addition to the German ranks to bring back an "old guard" warship, especially one as prominent as the "Iron Dog" Derrflnger. I'm sure the dev team has many more important things to do that to revive old timey German battlecruisers that never actually participated in the war, but I'd like to at least know. Is it possible this could happen in game, even in theory?

Someone mentioned New Orleans' mask, but what about her pistol? What's the story behind that?

I sure hope it's not the unfortunate implications of the city itself having a high murder rate. That would be that USS Baltimore and USS Detroit should be packing a pistol and have a semi-crazed face too. rofl

Considering the name Victory Belles I'm inclined to believe there won't be any male Belles.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/belle

Belle

noun
a woman or girl admired for her beauty and charm.
the most beautiful, charming, or engaging woman or girl among a number:
the belle of the ball.

When the game is further along, will you guys advertise VB at a booth at anime conventions? Like maybe have a game demo and maybe some left over merch from the KS?

Speaking of KS merch, how are the stuff like art books and plushies coming along? We never got any prototype photos of that the latter looks like yet.

Mignonette;

That would be a lot of fun, to have a convention presence (apart from the members which attend individually!)

Plushies will be shown as a part of the overall survey to those that ordered them, but the pattern is still be worked on, I believe. I don't *think* there will be any overages of those- perhaps the book? We'll see.

We've also had this particular discussion multiple times. Mostly under the logic that some German and Soviet ships could be referred to as male. Perhaps this should be added to the yet-to-be-made FAQ.

As far as I know, all the major warships of the Regia Marina from the 1930s were referred to as male, even though in Italian we usually refer to ship as female.

For example, the battleship Littorio was referred to as "il Littorio" instead of "la Littorio" (as we tend to do now).

It seems it was a decision to make the armed force even more martial, to eschew anything that wasn't masculine... -_-

Since it is going to be free and not too demanding with IAP I am going to give this a try when it comes out, but will there be chance of a few manly ships in an distant future? :P

As a bara fan, I am not going to look for manly guys in a game called Victory Belles. It is just not the right place for it.

-IF- any artbooks or plushes are left over

But seriously. I'd really love to get the artbook as I couldn't afford it at the time of the kickstarter, same with the plush toys. I'd really like the Nürnberg plush but over all I'd want them all. I will, however, need to get a Camicia Nera plush made before release.

Nel;

I seriously doubt that plushies will be available, but art books *may* be. They'll go up on PayPal, of course, if they are, and we'll announce through an Update.

Well then, if anyone is willing to part with Nürnberg we can discuss adequate compensation. Feel free to DM me sometime.

I think I remember the plushies being made to order? So if they have 8 backers that want Nurnberg, only 8 will be made and not like 20-100+ if they were mass produced. Maybe if VB is super successful in the future, there can be plushies for the general public to buy.

I was too poor to back the tier that included the art book, so maybe a smaller, more info-condensed that would be less expensive would be sold to the public.