Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

Oh! So your saying those are names that are currently (in-game) being used by the Germans and Japanese forces? I had thought the implication was those were former names the Belles had been called.

Hmm. This is a curious topic. And how would the British treat their Belles? Would they call them Belles as well, or would they use a different term?

I originally thought of "Melady", a deformation of "Milady" for "metal ladies", but a second thought made me search and found that such term had a french origin.

I think Bismark being the one guy would be great. It could be really funny, like if he's an older gentleman, and seems like a real hardliner, but is a total softie for all his grandaughters (the rest of the Belles, even if they aren't related). I think it would be sweet. XD

As for questions, sorry if this is obvious/already answered, but is there a full list of currently confirmed Belles?

I-It's not like I've been holding my breath for a certain someone and want to know if she'll be there! (; >\\\<)

There is no complete list as far as I recall, but you can more or less compile one by combining the list of interviewed belles with the list of those on the vote bingo! You're welcome to make the list if you'd like. Out of curiosity, who's the special gal?

As for Bismark being male, I think we covered that one multiple times in this very thread. I the answer, as I recall, was that Bismark would be the only belle they could make male, but that they likely were going to keep all belles consistently female.

@Fif: I...actually don't know most of the gals in the bingo spread by name. I've always been bad with names... ;^o^ But I may go through and make a list of all the interviewed Belles for convenience's sake.

Well...it's USS Intrepid, The Fighting I! (Or The Dry I to some. Poor gal.) She's younger than a lot of other ships, commissioned in '43, but she's got such great spunk and plenty of history and material for a fun personality. She's kinda special to my family, so...I've just held a small hope in the back of my mind.

As for Bismark, yeah, I read through it all, but just loved the idea so much I wanted to throw my two cents in. Totally understandable if they want to stay consistent, I just think it would be fun.

As one of (if not the biggest) Bismarck fans here, the comment was brought up before and since the Belles are well.. Belles. It's a female term. So Bismarck would be a girl. I think it would be interesting if one of her outfits is a very masculine one just to reflect that aspect.

Well...it's USS Intrepid, The Fighting I! (Or The Dry I to some. Poor gal.) She's younger than a lot of other ships, commissioned in '43, but she's got such great spunk and plenty of history and material for a fun personality. She's kinda special to my family, so...I've just held a small hope in the back of my mind.

Oh, I see. Well if you've read through then I'm sorry to say...'43 is nice, but first, '39!

As one of (if not the biggest) Bismarck fans here, the comment was brought up before and since the Belles are well.. Belles. It's a female term. So Bismarck would be a girl. I think it would be interesting if one of her outfits is a very masculine one just to reflect that aspect.

Masculine outfit? .....One piece swim trunks?

Don't worry, it has been confirmed that as time in the game progresses we will see later ships appearing on their respective commission dates. Many ships such as the fletcher class and Kagero class destroyers will appear in game once we reach 1940 and 1941.

Have a few questions, pardons if a few have already been asked or you can't answer:

1: Have you guys thought of supporting actions that don't directly come from your belles or do but don't directly do damage. Specifically things like star shells, search lights, support fleets from other players of the same nation, land based bombers/fighters and bombardment of land positions to support human troops on the ground?

2: I'm aware that you can not have more than one belle, but on the topic of sister ships, will putting a ship with one of her sisters have some kind of effect?

3:I noticed that one of the names they called the Belles were 'Valkyrie' in one of the trailers, so I ask why Belle when that name and others were cooler, easier to say for more players perhaps? I will personally call them Valkyries though.

4: Will the crown colony class be in the game? For uh...patriotic reasons.

5: Fried chicken or Bacon?