Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

Thank you for explaining Ninja pac man & Legate of Mineta.

Also my last question this month, I quite intrigued by Arizona :wub: , is there any info about how the designers came up with her design that can be shared? Such as what was the inspiration? She looks like cowgirl with native American face paint :) I sadly do not know as much about American culture during wild west days as I do about warships. :unsure:

@Marshall, I can begin to answer your question. I can't give insight on exactly why the artists chose exactly what they did, but I can say with some certainty this: it has been confirmed that each belle's design is influenced primarily by her namesake and her career. Arizona in particular somewhat lacks a long and storied career, given she arrived too late for the first world war and, well...got unlucky in the second. Due to that, she may, more than other belles, be influenced by her namesake. The state of Arizona is known for its desert, and historically was home to some of the first "cowboys" and several prominent native tribes. Therefore, through an anthropological perspective of the type of person that would come from Arizona, a native american who's chosen to be a patriotic cowboy is reasonably fitting, no?

@Fifrein, that is exactly the kind of answer that I was looking for thank... you very much for taking the time to answer! As a First Nations/Native American my interest in this game has now peaked. To avoid making this topic off-topic I have created a thread in the sub-form to continue to discuses the designs of the belles. :)
Thank you everyone for answering my questions... I am so pumped about this game! :D

@Fifrein, that is exactly the kind of answer that I was looking for thank... you very much for taking the time to answer! As a First Nations/Native American my interest in this game has now peaked. To avoid making this topic off-topic I have created a thread in the sub-form to continue to discuses the designs of the belles. :)

Thank you everyone for answering my questions... I am so pumped about this game! :D

Also is your profile pic from MC Axis where the guy does feminized versions of military commanders? IIRC it's a British commander but I forget the name for the life of me.

Also is your profile pic from MC Axis where the guy does feminized versions of military commanders? IIRC it's a British commander but I forget the name for the life of me.

I found my avatar from a book called "Nyotaika!! General Biographies in the World (20th century)" as can be found here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nyotaika-Military-General-Biographies-in-the-World-Bishoujo-Art-Book-/302215629842. Although I read that many of the pictures from this book where featured in the magazine MC Axis. As for who she is, she is "Field Marshal Haig" a fictitious female equivalent of "Douglas Haig, 1st Earl Haig" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Haig,_1st_Earl_Haig The British marshal who admirably carried out the unenviable task of having to commanded many soldiers us Canadians included during the wicked trench warfare of world war 1.

Question, to the captains:

Beard or no beard? I'm personally rocking the dreads/beard combo. My father's style I just followed, also I can actually grow my hair now that I'm not in the regiment anymore, if I ever rejoin I'm gonna have to cut it again though. :(

Just want to know how many captains are running the almighty/sexy/manly beard. Not that women can't have beards but I don't see that as much. :P

W99;

Oh I can't say about that- I'll ask, though.

W99;

I'll ask the Team- I know they were in a spell where they had already released some of the art on tumblr- they likely just forgot. :)

Sooooooo know an ETA on Hood and Chibi Bulldog and the other ships?

Sooooooo know an ETA on Hood and Chibi Bulldog and the other ships?

speaking of bulldog, I'd like a mascot on my ship, like unsinkable sam (ok so not that specific one, I like my ships to float) I know that Exeter had a cat from bermuda that stowed away on her, so that's a must have there :)

speaking of bulldog, I'd like a mascot on my ship, like unsinkable sam (ok so not that specific one, I like my ships to float) I know that Exeter had a cat from bermuda that stowed away on her, so that's a must have there :)

In regards to ships I like that I know have mascots, Manchester actually had one.

that cat got a video form wows

Which military? This is a worldwide forum, after all...

If you're talking US Navy, when?

Apologies, I forget I don't mention it as much here on the forums but I was in the United States Coast Guard for the from summer 2011 to summer 2016.