Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

Legate I don't think people are really asking for firm dates. I think they just want the kind of thing you were telling us just now, but in a KS update. Where's everything stand? How's the writing? How's the art coming? Sound design? Sound track? Where's integration and ongoing engine work stand? Not when it will be done necessarily. Just... what's happening. I think a lot of people would be content not having dates or deadlines, provided they have a general feel for what's going on with the actual state of the work. And don't get me wrong, I fully understand an update like that's extra work on the pile, but communication doesn't have to commit the studio to dates or timelines, and it seems like a lot of folks are feeling like they're really in the dark. 

Mignonette;

Oh, the Team stopped those when we realized the extent of what had happened with the app backend- at that point, it was nothing but no go. They’ll return again, but we have some steps to retrace first.

That said, I think it’s easy enough to arrange that same checkpoint in terms of visibility, especially after the Fleet Problems. We’ll discuss at the Team meet.

• 1 year later...

Hey there! Now that the Belle herself is introduced, can a higher resolution version of the Velasco design board be posted? Just wanted to see what goes into her design and to have a guide for similar things I'm doing myself. :)

Been reading through the old updates, and was wondering if we could maybe get say a European or Asian perspective on the first days of the Morganas and Belles in an update. There's a snippit of the European side in 139 where it goes over the American side of things, but a little more wouldn't hurt.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, lazarusdw said:

so Aurora is about tell me more. what roll does she serve. and if Aurora is about has mikasa ,uss constitution or hms victory manifested. if so what are they doing

55A563CB-5CBA-4AE2-A125-FCFA83D60070.jpegLet me try to translate.

If Aurora has a belle, what role does she play?  Have other *experienced* ships such as HMS Victory, USS Constitution, or Mikasa manifested, and if so, what are they doing?

• 4 weeks later...

ok a question about damage. we know a belle is linked to her hull but does damage tranfer to the belle. like for instance if her range finders are knocked out is said belle now actually blind. if so how long does this last, and does this apply to just battle damage.been thinking about Accidental Fire if a fire starts on her hull will the belle also be on fire. I.E. ( on the lexington trying to convince her to let other belles use her hanger bay as a film studio, she has 33,528 square feet of enclosed space, when suddenly lexington's hair is on fire. " lexington you'er hair is" lexington interjects " on fire i know one of the new hands spilled oil in the gally. its under control should have the fire out at any moment." fire go's out but hair still smoking " see")

• Like 1

dear U-29

I plan on conducting an experiment involving you. it's based on the power of names and a belle's hyper awareness of her self and said name. I have made a model of yourself, which i plan on launching into a fish tank. can you please tell me about you'er launching ceremony, i've made a bag with your name on it. each friday at 18:00 GMT I will be placing a micro picture in said bag and leave it there for an hour. let me know if you can pick up on what's happening, or any thoughts you have about said experiment.

Yours sincerely

Admiral LDW

final question for today, can belles be aware of fictional versions of themselfs. (in universe) i know Nautilus talked about captain Nemo but was she serious. because if lets say someone made a visual novel about a japanese battleship being turned into a space ship. would the belle be aware of her fictional self, if done right would be a great way to pass on secret messages. say the fictional version knows somthing but don't show or tell anyone what that thing is and let a belles hyper awareness pass on the message in complete secrecy

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, lazarusdw said:

Constitution reports having woken - only for a few moments - early in the War of 1812, has victory ever awakened before 39

If you read further in the update there’s speculation that said “awakening” is just an imagined dream from her time asleep, and did not actually happen.  I would be inclined to believe that whatever memories victory has from before the fateful moment are much the same.