Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

3 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

If you read further in the update there’s speculation that said “awakening” is just an imagined dream from her time asleep, and did not actually happen.  I would be inclined to believe that whatever memories victory has from before the fateful moment are much the same.

i'd be interested in hearing about thier dream none the less

A question for our recently silent poster girl Mahan; How much do belles believe in their own battle doctrines?  For example, how much would a Japanese believe in the effectiveness of the Kantai Kessen doctrine, or for example, would Mahan, whose work inspired the doctrines of a large battleship force and decisive battle, be more inclined to that or to the increasing light forces / Task force operations the US was leaning towards in the late 30s when she was designed?   Are the germans happy with the plan for commerce raiding, or do they want to build a fleet in being to challenge the British as Tirpitz once did?

• 4 months later...

Question about expansion for the game:

Salmon is the one who designed a lot of the ships for the game.  If the ship lineup is to expand in the future, will you guys be relying mainly on Salmon to expand that...or will you guys search for other artists like the other ship games?

I know this is very early to be talking about this, but I was just curious overall.

On 1/31/2021 at 10:39 AM, Legate of Mineta said:

Procyon;

In fact, we already have other artists working on Belles- you can't really just have one. It would overwhelm anyone! :)

That is nice!

Salmon is a great artist though.  What really attracted me to your project is the art - the girls look so nice!

That and the history ;).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since I've been told that it has never been asked, what happens to a Belle whose ship is being retrofitted or radically modified? For example, what would happen to Queen Mary's Belle while her ship is being converted to an aircraft carrier?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If the Belles see their predecessors in terms of class as 'mothers', and Canarias was derived from the County class, would that make Canarias Exeter's aunt?

I would like their input on that, if possible. *laughs uncontrollably*

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

To inject a bit of life back into this, and a pair of questions I’ve just had for the Belles:

is it possible for a Belle to change their outlook on their own country or politics? I.e. a German Belle who is proud of her country and fascist comes around to the ideals of Democracy via interactions with an American Captain/Belles, or an English Belle all for King and Country turning Communist thanks to one of the many Soviet Belles and desires to overthrow the monarchy for the people?

Also, the Belles have equipment on their designs (see Belfast’s main guns strapped behind her and her AA gun harp, or Rawalpindi having a 6 pounder around her wrist). When different equipment gets mounted, is that reflected on the Belles themselves? If swapped with a bunch of 40mm Bofors, would Nubian stop carrying her Vickers MG and instead be replaced with a larger Bofors? Would Rawalpindi find herself lugging a 38cm turret if that was equipped to her?

As a follow-up question to the one Bellie and Eddie answered about tanks becoming sentient, would it be possible for airships, like zeppelins of the Great War, to develop Belles of their own? And more importantly, have any of them done so?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Pardons if this has been asked already, haven't been active on the forums for a bit on account of my old PC bursting into flames. I've been considering buying into the beta recently. Could someone already in the CB, or you know Legate, confirm if it's possible to play the game on a kindle or emulator? Or will I need to buy a proper Samsung tablet to play it?  If I remember correctly there's supposed to be a web version at launch but I didn't see that as an option on the recent update on the Kickstarter. Thanks in advance.

P.S.: If you are curious, yes I was being literal about the bursting into flames thing, I have since purchased eight different surge protectors for my electronics.  

1 hour ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Sinboto;

I know some people are playing on an android emulator on PC, but I don't think you could play on Kindle, alas.

I hope your computer feels *cooler* soon. :)

I have six fans and a water-cooling system so yeah haha. 

Good to hear about the emulator, just donated for Belfast, since she's the one I honestly want out of all of them.