Black Chicken Studios Forums

Suggestions for Belle Designs

She's now in comfortable retirement in Chicago. I used to live about two blocks away from her luxurious indoor display case. :-)

Whatever her past, she has it better now than any other ship of her size or larger in the world methinks...

http://www.msichicago.org/explore/whats-here/exhibits/u-505-submarine/

• 2 weeks later...

Having to wonder how Kiso shall behave and appear in Victory Belles. These ponderings sparked by a Nendo Kiso being shown by GSC. [Nendo Kiso Link] that it has me putting the spotlight back on my precious Kiso, especially after ringing my Bismarck. I'm fearing that her design shall be more tame/casual when compared to her more 'nightly' KanColle art/counterpart that it's making me fearful that she's going to turn into a golfing Chiyoda [Chiyoda is neat, just something random in VB]. To me, Kiso would hopefully keep her nightly traits, as well as some boasting pride, and maybe that one (or a few) seaplane she's supposed to have with the hanger under her bridge in experiment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_cruiser_Kiso

http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Kiso

I'm strongly hoping, and wishing for, VB Kiso to have a formal attire that she could appear like Nera, or even Lampo, but in darker clothing (maybe).My bias from the KanColle game with Kiso in her Kai Ni being awesome with her 'tomboyish' battle pride, and some softness [intimate behavior] when off the battlefield. I guess I should just see what VB does, yet just wishing Kiso to lose the school outfit, but to keep the dark cape, and to go all 'night' in her attire. Or at least formal.

I haven't read into her service in detail so I guess I should do that, yet just wishing she would keep her "seriousness" (formal attire) in VB, or something along those lines. Being a 1920's vessel she sure is something awesome in my fleet. :wub: .

It's a shame I've been struggling to sortie her in the game when there's fleet composition locks asking for Ooi (poorly designed in KanColle) & Kitakami (neat design, yet lazy Kai Ni designs), yet Kiso always gets locked out in her Kai Ni form. That bugs me. My Kiso constantly proved herself to be awesome, yet the game always locks her out -_- . That's another thing [fleet composition restrictions] I'm curious about VB, yet maybe should leave that for another time.

If we're just throwing suggestions out there, I think HMS Porcupine might be fun.

They can be unique as twin sister Belles Pork and Pine, joined at the wrist (Pork's left, Pine's right) by anchor chain attached to cuffs/ quill-covered gauntlets. The ship's armament could be divided between them both.

Pork would be the friendly, more outgoing of the two and carry a butcher's cleaver and wear an apron. If they were singing a sea shanty, she'd be the shantyman.

Pine would take a little more time to warm up to someone but would follow her sister's lead. She would carry a woodsman's axe and have tree-climbing spikes. If they sang, she would take the chorus.

I'm highly amused right now that I'm loving "playful" ships like that. HMS Prcupine is something I'd love to see united, yet divided, because it add a nice unique touch to things. It be somewhat like seeing the I-400 sisters in that Arpeggio sense, yet something more unique. Nice. Nice suggestion, Panay's Ghost. I approve!

---------

Alright, I'm being amused by another vessel being the lovely that I'm glad my fellow comrade made me aware of her when speculating on Aquila & desiring Adua-Class Submarines for KanColle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_submarine_Casabianca_(Q183)

Reading how she somehow managed to flee a German scuttle of the French Fleet, as well as being armed to even manage to escape. Even surfacing among the British fleet, and such, is just what I enjoy reading. Even being called a "Phantom Submarine" adding to the whole mischievous side of thigns that I truly hope she'll have a nice "Pola" type appearance to her in that formal attire, if with that submarine touch to her. Surcourf [here] is an odd one with me still being unsure how to react to her, how to treat her, and such, yet hoping that something 'Nera' style could be done with her submarine parts. Granted, I also need the game & gameplay experiences to possibly connect with Surcourf, yet that's just me trying to note where one can attempt to "improve".

I do hope that her [Casabianca], as well as HNLMS Tromp gain the appropriate amount of artistic care to make them appear highly respectful and enjoyable, maybe even "Phantom" in various ways. Both of them being nicely "formal" in appearance, as well as that "ghostly", or "phantom" style appearance. Basically something inspiring from Kiso Kai Ni, Yuudachi's Kai Ni, Ryuuhou (All KanColle) that they'd be something gorgeous, yet highly fearsome in that respectable manner. They are after all "Phantom" vessels because Casabianca couldn't be sunk (elusive), and HNLMS Tromp was constantly said to be registered as sunk in every encounter that the Japanese nicknamed her the "Ghost Ship".

I truly hope that Kiso, Casabianca, & HNLMS Tromp shall be visually pleasing, as well as those visually fearsome, as well as highly respected. Basically on that Bismarck & Tirpitz feared level for being labeled as both a "ghost ship" & "Phantom ship" for refusing to be sunk. A bit of demonic visual appearances might be amusing, as seen with Naganami style (if fitting to their personality).

http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Naganami

The eye colour + the pink under the hair. It's hidden, yet it's there.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1775299
[Link may contain NSFW if you don't use adblock. Adblock is a necessary plugin to keep ads at bay.]

Loving both KanColle & Victory Belles :wub:

• 1 month later...

I would like to suggest an idea for tirpitz. I'm not entirely sure how it would be implemented into her personality, but it's based around the idea of being a threat. She lived up to her namesake. The tirpitz plan was made specifically to make the German navy more of a threat than the British were willing to openly fight. His entire idea revolved around being just enough of a threat. Tirpitz spent her life being hunted as the largest threat to the British in the North Sea. They allocated many of their forces there specifically to hunt tirpitz for most of the war. This idea of being a threat is consistent with both her and her namesake, and would be a great addition of it could be in her personality or ideals somehow. Maybe she'd prefer to impose her power rather than directly fight an enemy. She's passive with a large sense of presence making her the center of attention, and someone you want to stay on the good side of.

For our little Victory Belles RP thing we're trying to put together, I decided to take a look at San Francisco, and here's my idea (obviously she's Chinese American):

San Francisco is multicultural, wide accepting of all cultures. She embraces the US being the world's melting pot. She enjoys learning about other cultures and traditions, but believes that you can hold on to tradition while still moving on to the future. She is a fighter, but she isn’t overly eager to fight. She sees herself as fighting for everyone, not just the US but the people of the US more than anything. She's got a good head on her shoulders, not one for confrontation but is willing to defend people and their culture. She also longs to visit China, her "second home" of sorts

• 3 months later...

I recently found a ship with a very interesting service history that would make quite an interesting Belle. The USS Russell was a sims class destroyer with 16 battle stars. She served in the Battle of the Coral sea, where she screened Lexington and rescued survivors. She served in the battle of Midway, where she screened Yorktown and rescued survivors. She also served in the battle of the Santa Cruz islands where

I think I see a pattern here

she screened hornet and rescued survivors.

I recently found a ship with a very interesting service history that would make quite an interesting Belle. The USS Russell was a sims class destroyer with 16 battle stars. She served in the Battle of the Coral sea, where she screened Lexington and rescued survivors. She served in the battle of Midway, where she screened Yorktown and rescued survivors. She also served in the battle of the Santa Cruz islands where

I think I see a pattern here

she screened hornet and rescued survivors.

Yes, but is she rescuing survivors because she's brave or because she is crummy at screening? :P

• 4 months later...

I hope they add the USS Tennessee BB-44 it was commissioned on the year 1920 but I don't see to many games that have it. It kinda makes me sad because that was the ship my gramps was on. They have to give her a jug of moonshine afterall its what we Tennesseans are known for.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I would like to propose the idea for Suzutsuki.  She had her bow blasted off 3 times, the first of which also included the lost of the last 46 meters of her stern.  She always made it back, but she spent most of her war with a simple patch job.  I highly recommend that in victory belles, if you see fit to put her in, she is covered in bandages.  She has a bad habit of always getting hurt, and spending more time with bandages than without.  Her name means "Clear Moon" or at least that's as close as I can translate I think, so I think she'd be pretty open and kind despite her seeming inability to stay intact.

If Enterprise is in the game she should have grey hair like in Azur Lane instead of the stereotypical blond American stereotype (nothing against it but its to emphasize the Grey Ghost bit or at least have clothes in that color).

25 minutes ago, David J said:

If Enterprise is in the game she should have grey hair like in Azur Lane instead of the stereotypical blond American stereotype (nothing against it but its to emphasize the Grey Ghost bit or at least have clothes in that color).

While I'd love to agree with you, that would mean Graf Spee, and more than a couple other ships should also have grey hair.  Hate to break it to ya, but Enterprise was one of many ships in the war, not to mention history that held that moniker.

2 hours ago, David J said:

She was known as the Grey Ghost?   I've heard she was known as The Lucky E, The Fighting Gray Lady, and The Galloping Ghost of the Oahu Coast

There are so many ships nicknamed Gray Ghost / Galloping Ghost  (RMS Queen Mary was the Grey Ghost and USS Houston was The Galloping Ghost of the Java Coast) that it probably wouldn't be a useful thing to base appearances on.

6 hours ago, Panay's Ghost said:

There are so many ships nicknamed Gray Ghost / Galloping Ghost  (RMS Queen Mary was the Grey Ghost and USS Houston was The Galloping Ghost of the Java Coast) that it probably wouldn't be a useful thing to base appearances on.

Well that makes for a very unvarianted, but from a male perspective popcorn worthy, Halloween next year, when all the Ghosts come as, well Ghosts.... preferably all in the exact same costume. And the captain has to decide who wears it best. :wacko:

• 2 years later...

Though it has been long since I posted, I came up with something a couple days back while on the road and only now have been able to translate it to the forums. 

The deadly Morgana submarine: Complacency. 

She's a submarine, and does what submarines do, trailing their target for some time before making their attacks.
But her aura's what's most dangerous about her. It's simple; as with any other Morgana aura it amplifies the trait she is named for. In this case, complacency. It starts within the first couple hours. a couple crew members go to sleep early, cause it's been a long day and they really deserve it. Then it becomes alright, because it's easier and they feel safer that way, to leave more ready ammo in the turrets or by the AA guns than designed for. There's nowhere to store it, so they just leave it around where they can reach. Maintenance starts to drop off. Patrols become less frequent. Each sound in the water is dismissed as biological life, cause the lookouts haven't spotted anything. After a little while, they stop zigzagging. They'll get to their destination faster and they haven't heard hide nor hair of a sub for days, what could go wrong?

And of course, that's when she strikes. When half the crew watches aren't even manned so the crew can get more rest, when the convoy is sailing straight at a constant speed, when the machinery is malfunctioning, the paint isn't chipped, and the ammo is stowed everywhere they can fit a shell.

And now, a pair of disclaimers!
1) I'm well aware game progress has developed past inserting new enemies at will. This is mostly for fun on my part. 

2) I have a rather embarrassing reason i haven't posted to the forums for a while: I forgot my password! I kept locking my account trying to guess it and didn't have the damn common sense to press the "forgot my password" button! But I'll be more active again from here on out!

• 2 weeks later...

Graf Zeppelin is one of my favourite carriers in general (together with Aquila, beacuse of the fact that I like a lot ships that were never built), she would be a much appreciated addition to the game. Her behave would like be that of a rejected (because she thinks that humanity didn't want her for the reason that priorities shifted to submarines at the end of our world's war), so she tends to isolate herself from the other Belles and personnel of the fleet(she would communicate only there are things to do for the fleet), apart from the commander, that she views as the only one that wanted or needed her (kinda like some priority ships from Azur Lane). As her story progresses she will start to become friends with the others (with the help of us commanders).

• 4 weeks later...

@Legate of Mineta

Sorry for the tag, and likewise sorry, as this is not quite a suggestion per se, but merely a clarification for the future.

If and when the Italian battleship Duilio will come, I would like to clarify that her name (often put in as Caio Duilio) is in fact the former, not the latter. While the inconsistency showed by the Italian navy throughout its history does not help and can confuse, I have the proof of that; namely, the 1911 decree that established the name for her and her sister ship Andrea Doria.

I just wanted to bring this to the dev team's attention.

• 6 months later...

Just reviving this thread as we get closer to the 5th supposed launch of this game...

As I've recently been in some discussions about the battle off Samar, I think it would be fun to give each ship from taffy 3 that appears a nice reminder.  Maybe a badge or pin in the shape of a Tin Can to be worn somewhere on each of their designs.  Now, all US destroyers were called Tin Cans, but only taffy 3 and two other noteworthy ships had a book titled that written for them. (Mind you there was also a documentary with a similar title.) So I think it would be fair to give a nod to the Noteworthy girls who made that moniker known outside the navy.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

So, granted, I missed a few pages, but what about the French Ships..

Richelieu, Jean Bart, Clemenceau, Gascogne

I would expect these to be in the game as the first was finished in 1940 with Jean Bart getting creatively redirected otl...

But, as things are going slightly different here, perhaps we can see the entire Richelieu class in the game?

Appearance wise, only the first two should look even remotely similar as the latter two were different departures from the earlier designs...

Considering I havent seen much conversation for the French.... Just thought I'd leave this here.