Black Chicken Studios Forums

Preemptive request

Nel Celestine

Yeah, we're pretty good about our delivery- we tend to treat our players the way we, ourselves, want to be treated.

Helps that we've lost out on Kickstarters, too. :)

And, I am obliged to add, Academagia is a hobby for us. We work on it each day, but it remains part time for us. Must be that way, although who knows how it may change after Steam? :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, just wanted to poke at the, what, 6 year delay? 4 years? I mean with Academagia getting content added that Y2 would have to account for an early release was logically not going to happen (a least smoothly) regardless, but you know, want to poke :).

I've been waiting a grand total of never, seeing as how I've never played (nor care to play) any HL games. Although even if I did I'm sure HL3 will end up being Steam VR exclusive, so I'd still not care or be waiting even if.

Just my opinion, of course. I think the count for most people is...what's it up to, over a decade by now? I don't really keep track.

I've been waiting a grand total of never, seeing as how I've never played (nor care to play) any HL games. Although even if I did I'm sure HL3 will end up being Steam VR exclusive, so I'd still not care or be waiting even if.

Just my opinion, of course. I think the count for most people is...what's it up to, over a decade by now? I don't really keep track.

Been waiting 25 years for another Commander Keen. Not holding my breath but would be nice.

I don't know about you all, but I've lately had increasing hope for a Morrowind remaster. I guess I'll take Skywind instead. :)

I think you mean "Skyrim", Legate, unless that's what they're calling the remake. I don't know, I still don't care to look at it because I know where to find the good Elder Scrolls games ;).

Ah, okay, didn't know that. 'Course I don't have Skyrim, so whether or not that remake works out it doesn't matter to me. I really should get into Morrowind, I've got the GotY edition laying around here somewhere, I just...never got into it. Add that to the list of things that Daggerfall has over it's later brothers - accessibility.

Which is a bit odd considering that most people don't manage to get through Privateer's Hold, if they even manage to get past the default control configs, and yet. Guess I'm just one of those really odd ducks -_-.

Depends on what you didn't enjoy, or what caused it. There's entirely legitimate reasons for not liking the games that remain true from Daggerfall to Oblivion, and I'm sure that they apply to Arena and Skyrim just as much.

Mostly the combat felt really clunky to me. I just couldn't get used to first person swinging an weapon around. That's why I never used them in Fallout.

The combat in Morrowind, from what I remember, is indeed quite bad due to how heavily RNG-based it is. It's a functional system, sure, but especially early game it's insane how often you'll die to rats or crabs because they'll kill you before your forty-firth swing manages to actually hit them. In Oblivion the weapons indeed feel clunky, but I imagine it's intentional for the heavier weapons. Of course if you're swinging a dagger around things quickly become silly, particularly with charge attacks. I mostly stick to spells and archery, so other than the utterly broken stealth mechanic combat doesn't bother me. Fallout 3, from what I remember, is Morrowind's RNG-based combat with guns. As in, bullets manifesting outside a gun's chamber so they can fire at a wide enough angle to miss the target that the game has deemed you failed to hit from point-blank range. It's one of the reasons why it's one of the games I plain regret purchasing, it's that bad.

Ah, Skyrim. I have about 300 hours logged and still never finished it.

I have very pleasant memories of Skyrim.

I never played it, but I was lulled to sleep by the music for months as my wife played each night after she put me to bed. :-)

I was never really able to get into a Bethesda RPG, I was never really comfortable with sandboxes like that so I tended to prefer story heavy games from Bioware RPGs and Atlus(Mostly on the Shin Megami Tensei/Persona).

Knew I liked you for a reason.

Hahaha, Thanks Nel...but than again in the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, "You're a funny guy, Sully. I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last."

You're running Kreigsmarine. We're allies.

Hahaha, Thanks Nel...but than again in the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, "You're a funny guy, Sully. I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last."

"Remember when I told you I was gonna kill you last?"

"Th-that's right Matrix! You said it!"

"I lied."

Archived