Black Chicken Studios Forums

Conventions and Meetups!

Fifrein

Hey all! I probably should have asked Legate to make this thread, but the purpose I thought it up for is a bit short-notice!

This will be the thread to post about all conventions and meetups you'll be going to, in case you want to invite friends from the BCS Kickstarters or forums to come along with you! Again, this thread is not official and is strictly subject to the whims and schedules of anyone involved. There's no guarantee that anyone you invite can actually join you for a con, and no guarantee that any invites you get will be fulfilled! That said, it's unlikely that problems will occur, and if so, it's up to the person coordinating the meetup to make sure everyone's actually in the right place at the right time.

So without further adieu, the aforementioned purpose: Myself and a few friends will be heading to AX (Anime Expo) this coming weekend, and I think it would be fun if anyone else following BCS could meet up with us sometime in the weekend to say hi! So: Is anyone going, and if so, would they like to join me?

I wouldn't mind meeting up at some point. I'll be flying in for AX. I won't be terribly hard to find, I'll be running around with the guys from Weapons Grade Waifus and Innawoods Operating Waifus. (If you like cool patches and anime references and haven't heard of either group I strongly suggest looking into them. Inna doesn't do a ton, but WGW is a patch dropping machine.) Cosplay wise I'll be one of the guys in tactical gear with a Harekaze patch (from Haifuri), a flight suit a Ace Combat 6 Garuda Team patch or I'll be in a khaki admiral's uniform. Look for the giant ruskie shoulder boards. You can't miss'em. Might also run a Valkyries TFS squadron patch... depends on how Muv Luvy duvy I'm feeling when I pack.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there the whole of the con. I'm terribly sorry for not checking back but I ended up extremely busy, busier than intended, both with seeing former colleagues and comrades who are still stationed aboard Camp Pendleton in SoCal and with a group I do support work for called Weapons Grade Waifus. Next year perhaps as far as AX goes.

• 3 months later...

Archived