Black Chicken Studios Forums

Update 30 - Nubian

Nel Celestine

Oh yes, we now realize that the interviews very much do not take place on Mahan. We also have a much better insight into the relationships between belles and their Namesakes, and why they appear with equipment and things related to their Namesakes.

Wow...That was a nice nod. My mind is senstive in picking up "Tribal" so it immediately made me jump in joy. Then seeing "eight of them...." for the Canadians, and three in Australia's side of things. That's just awesome!

But I’ve never been one to keep still for long periods of time, so it is of little concern. My name is Nubian, and I am a Tribal-class destroyer in service to the Royal Navy. I was constructed in Southampton, on the southern coast of England, and commissioned in October of 1938.

I have twenty-six sisters - eight of them in service to Canada, three of them in service to Australia, and fifteen of them in service to Great Britain, like myself. We were all named after diverse people groups of the world, and take great pride in the heritages those names bring with them.

Well, nice to know 8 of them are in Canada (4 I made note of), and that Australia has three of them. I guess I need to re familiarize myself with all 8 of them again. It be awesome to see Australian admirals chiming in with their pride. I have yet to see them boast, yet I guess they have on the Kickstarter page that it faded. I guess I'm just misreading things as I try to haste-read this update.

Also, Nubian amusingly trying to hunt a rat for Mahan. Silly, if amusing. A bit of a "Tom & Jerry" vibe to it. I also see mention of HMS Warspite, our new Kanmusu in KanColle. Amusing to get a brief record of her around Italy. Not bad. Ooo!~ Even Pola there. Tirpiz, for the love of Bismarck, join KanColle so I can also tend to you! Nice to also see mention of HMS Eskimo, whom I had the pleasure of being in my British fleet in 'Victory at Sea'. A fine service she led in my fleet.

Thanks for the read with it being very juicy on the historical trivia side of things. Even having my interest heightened with familiar ships. Nubian & Haida would get along well telling surviving war stories. Would love to see their banter, if possible.

A very interesting Belle!

Am I the only one so far who picked up on her "interest" about the Italians, though? I think we'd better keep her and Pola well separated! :D

But it's no surprise, though. The Tribal met some of their handsomest successes in the Mediterranean, so it's alright; and it was a given that sooner or late someone with a nasty disposition against the Regia Marina would pop up.

Kudos for the note about Ferlini. I did not know him at all!

Of course, we Italians prefer to talk about less scoundrel-y (and vandalizing, since 40 pyramids are quite something to destroy! :blink: ) explorers and archaeologists like Belzoni. We usually don't talk about less idealistic and adventurous people! <_<

By Aaron were they talking about the USS Aaron Ward(DD-483)? We also get so see Butch again yay.

That's a nice catch, David! I missed it myself, but I think it's referring to the relationship between their namesakes, as they served during the same time. I don't have any personal record of them meeting, but with the US Navy's constant consultation of Mahan during the Spanish-American war, it's unlikely that they didn't meet. I would not be surprised if it was just referring to DD-483, even though she was commissioned after Sept 1939, and won't be appearing in victory belles until later if she even does appear.

Archived