Black Chicken Studios Forums

The Captain's Room/Office (not a suggestion just a discussion)

AuraForte

as the tittle says what do you guys think the Captain's Room or Office might look like? or How would you wan't it to look like if you had one, What things would you put in there if you were given an option to customize it?

Would it be small and cozy or large spacious and accommodating your needs?

I think it would take a lot of extra effort on the part of BCS but I would love to see the captain's office be shipboard and change depending on his flagship. If your flagship is Exeter, it would be Exeter's flag office, but if you change it, the office would look like Graf Spee's flag office, for example.

That would be sorta cool. I'd think mine would follow the theme of the country I was playing. With unique collectibles from that place and the office would change to reflect the different festivals of that country. Similar in vein to KanColle I guess.

@Ninja: it wasn't a suggestion for BCS to make but i agree it would cost more to make them, that's office on the ship right? what bout an Office in the HQ? the one on land i mean that one won't change much unless you do something drastic

@Dwen: yeah a place where you can hang & display your trophies & achievements would be nice.

I agree with NJP, about the office changing with your flagship. Though a Destroyers office may be a bit cramp

Subs aren't spacious either. Only battleships and carriers really have the luxury of real estate.

Unless the trophy/ medal has to be on board to make a difference, I'd send it back to HQ, myself. ...Unless it's possible to Cross the Line; I'd want to keep proof of Shellback status on board. ;)

I agree with the above.

Has anybody played any Japanese games for the PS2 when they had all those archives & gallery areas? I'm spoiled by those, even by KanColle's card archive for when you miss events you can still see their art. Not sure if Japnaese games have them in this era, yet I think Xenoblade Chronicles X was the latest big one to have a gallery/archive section. That's what I would like to see Victory Belles to aim for, and something I mentioned before to see the gifts you gifted to the Belles. If you're on USS Texas you would see an artillery shell (once you get to & pass that precious day regardless of participation), or if you're on some other ship you would see something precious to them gained through actual service..........

Yeah. I do like the idea of changing interiors depending on what nation & flagship you have also. I guess I'll re-nudge my suggestion to see gifts popping in when you visit the Belles or change HQ, or something along those lines.

I agree with the above.

Has anybody played any Japanese games for the PS2 when they had all those archives & gallery areas? I'm spoiled by those, even by KanColle's card archive for when you miss events you can still see their art. Not sure if Japnaese games have them in this era, yet I think Xenoblade Chronicles X was the latest big one to have a gallery/archive section. That's what I would like to see Victory Belles to aim for, and something I mentioned before to see the gifts you gifted to the Belles. If you're on USS Texas you would see an artillery shell (once you get to & pass that precious day regardless of participation), or if you're on some other ship you would see something precious to them gained through actual service..........

Yeah. I do like the idea of changing interiors depending on what nation & flagship you have also. I guess I'll re-nudge my suggestion to see gifts popping in when you visit the Belles or change HQ, or something along those lines.

Now that's a good Idea, about the gallery. That would be amazing to see.

I agree with the above.

It's a very good idea of the great collection of gallery / archive section. Large amounts of drawings of different versions of an event in game. Such as the Hyperdimension Neptunia.

I was wondering about the resources on screen during that video, Looks like Fuel/Oil, Ammunition, Steel, and I can't make out that last one

It's likely aluminum, as that's necessary for building and repairing most aircraft that the carriers use.

Having a gallery is a wise decision with the way Japanese games spoiled me & others rotten. Also, in this day and age one can't slack so must put your all into a game :)

Ah, such awesomness seeing a 'gallerry' option. Now curious how indepth that shall go and what it shall contain exactly. Card, art, voices, specs, and what else? Nice.

Also, seeing that ship equipment screen made me grow to like the VB concept some more while still wishing of the same that the Belles could travel 15 min in any walking direction of a distance. But yeah, guess I'll make note of what Legate once said that '39 first, then expansions later on lore & such.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking, and while drinking good Polish beer Ciechan. And if in addition to a room or office appeared .................. Bar / Tavern :) . Where bells rested with a glass of beer or wine. It was a very historical and in accordance with the customs of sailors.

Archived