Black Chicken Studios Forums

Astrology(Action)

Leon Cross

Decided to save scum on astrology a bit to get some relationship maximums boosted.

I'd never used it before, so I was a little shocked when I turned it on and it gave me 15 statuses.

Figured it must be a glitch, so I reloaded and tried again. 15 statuses once more.

Is this normal? Is there anyway to actually control what you get?

Astrology gives you a bunch of stuff depending on which constellations are active (which is randomly determined at the start of the year, I believe) and how high your Luck/Astrology roll is. With the right combination you can indeed get a double-digit number of effects.

"I've gotten pretty good at this whole astrology thing. Wonder if I should check some consolations to see what I'm operating under at the moment..."

*Looks at stars*

*Goes stark raving mad from suddenly having 15 kinds of completely random effects slam into them*

Well, Honestly, it seems to me that Astrologers in setting have the highest chance of going insane of all magic users. That random event that's a follow-on to one of the Avila stories where you look into the glowy star thing you were previously told not to, and wake up in a puddle of your own drool might just, *might just* be a sign of things to come, lol

Each constellation has a pre-defined series of buffs/debuffs at pre-defined levels, and whatever your Luck/Astrology roll manages to pass, you get that buff/debuff for as long as it lasts. There's no way to filer anything other than not performing the Astrology action at a location that provides a buff to it, for all the nothing that's usually worth.

That just feels wrong, though. At 13 Skill and 20 Attribute I should get more use out of Astrology than as a total beginner.

Maybe change the constellations to have more negative effects at low levels with harder to obtain positive ones that cancel them out?

Archived