Jump to content
Black Chicken Studios Forums

Update 64: Leberecht Maass


Nel Celestine
 Share

Recommended Posts

Quote

...which probably won't horribly kill their crews in an explosion

Oooooh boy.

Seriously though, I hope her self-deprecation is just her sense of humor. If it is, it's very funny. If not, I feel bad for laughing at her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Dschuncks said:

Oooooh boy.

Seriously though, I hope her self-deprecation is just her sense of humor. If it is, it's very funny. If not, I feel bad for laughing at her.

Either way, though shes adorable! I absolutely love her. Nothing says confidence like self depreciation!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Wellington99 said:

She's like a German Willie D.

I resent that remark. Willie Dee was either extremely inept and just as lucky to counter, or the other way around: Extremely competent, but luck to hell. Personally, I believe in a separate theory: Willie Dee build up luck by dropping the negative luck she gets in a series of misfortunate instances, then expends it all at once to be the luckiest ship in the fleet when she needs it most. It's odd, I know, but how unlucky can a ship be if despite 5 recorded instances of friendly fire,not a single casualty was noted (except maybe flowers). How unlucky is a ship that shoots down more planes than most capital ships? Finally, How unlucky could a ship possibly be if she saves every single member of her crew upon sinking, despite having a broken keel and capsizing in the middle of combat?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ach du heiliger Bimbam ist die niedlich!!!! She's so cute and adorable..... and totally my type. :wub::wub:

I'm not sure if I would choose her as a starter, but I will most likely date her first. And since it's '39 I don't have to worry about Tirpitz. ^_^;)

Okay, me being me here. About her german:

"Sorge dich nicht." is a theatrical way of saying "Keine Sorge." But maybe it's supposed to be this way. Idk. Just struck me because it stopped my reading flow. But I nearly missed "Eine vase" because in german it's "Eine Vase". So totally normal.

Other cute things were: Danke schoen instead of schön. Since "Natürlich" is written with an umlaut, it sticks out.

And finally the "Natürlich" after the sentences. Oh I love it. It makes her especially cute and clumsy. Natürlich.



 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She's absolutely adorable.  Anyone who has played games of chance with me or lived around me for a while knows that I have notoriously bad luck.  Therefore, she is a kindred soul, and one I will take great pleasure in adding to my fleet.

 

"Oh yes, in case the glass catches fire. You can never be too sure."  A girl crafted to my heart, it would seem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yup she just rose top the top ranks of being one of the Cutest Belles on the fleet ( i dunno why but when i saw her had alot of trouble trying to stop my self from hugging her)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Procyon said:

Awwwwwwwww...what a poor girl :).

Her frizzy hair just adds to the moe.

I also love the imperial flag dress and the pitiful yet adorable bandage on her knee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

...OK, Maass, that explanation I was looking for after Wicher's interview?  I got.

Explanation accepted.  :lol:

I'm really not a big fan of the excessive intoeing (I know it's a moe shorthand, intended to make a girl appear clumsy-cute, but if anyone is still pigeon-toed after 9 or 10 years old, it's a medical condition, not an encourage-able trait nor an issue with luck /end of rant),  but between her self-depreciation and escaping wisps of hair it really is hard not to want to give her a hug. ^_^

55 minutes ago, Ninjapacman said:

I also love the imperial flag dress and the pitiful yet adorable bandage on her knee.

  I took her Imperial flag to be an apron, myself.  She cleans up a lot of messes and there's no point in having to change the whole dress every time.;)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2017-5-12 at 9:21 PM, Sinboto Simmons said:

You know, should such a clumsy woman be wearing heels?

 

They are really big stance changing heels too.

 

Maybe that's why she's so clumsy to begin with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know there aren't many women around here but I have to take Panay's observation one step further and wonder at what point does moe cross into misogyny?  The desire for a girl useless in a practical sense but great for show or feeling superior toward such that you have to protect her?  A perpetual child?

 

Anyway, my response to her would be strong discipline starting with orders to get rid of the damn shoes and wear flats. I think I'd assign Yavuz as a mentor for her. She needs a drill sergeant, not a hug. Errors for adults are the result of poor training. The solution for an adult is repetition rather than validation. 

 

Women are for more than show. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DrYuriMom said:

I know there aren't many women around here but I have to take Panay's observation one step further and wonder at what point does moe cross into misogyny?  The desire for a girl useless in a practical sense but great for show or feeling superior toward such that you have to protect her?  A perpetual child?

 

Anyway, my response to her would be strong discipline starting with orders to get rid of the damn shoes and wear flats. I think I'd assign Yavuz as a mentor for her. She needs a drill sergeant, not a hug. Errors for adults are the result of poor training. The solution for an adult is repetition rather than validation. 

 

Women are for more than show. :P

It's probably a play on how she ended up having one of the unluckiest deaths in WW2 naval history.  If this U-boat gets introduced in the game, she'll probably be a crappy plumber since she was destroyed by her toilet :D (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_submarine_U-1206).

 

In regards to Maass though, she's our first really big derp character.  Most of the other Victory Belles ships seem quite competent as warriors (arrogantly so sometimes like Kongou or Scharnhorst), so I'm sure a bit of derpiness is fine.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong, I love the character. I have minor issues with the pidgeon-toed art, but that's just my quibbling over PC BS.  She absolutely reflects her history to '39.  Kudos to the writers. My response was more to the captains who would rather have a moe/derpy pet than a functional subordinate/weapon. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, DrYuriMom said:

Don't get me wrong, I love the character. I have minor issues with the pidgeon-toed art, but that's just my quibbling over PC BS.  She absolutely reflects her history to '39.  Kudos to the writers. My response was more to the captains who would rather have a moe/derpy pet than a functional subordinate/weapon. :P

Completely understandable.  In my opinion, she's better than Kancolle's Maass...who is just bland.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...