Black Chicken Studios Forums

Victory Belles Lore questions

RockyArby

11 hours ago, lazarusdw said:

interesting if that's true then belles should be able to have children. If they want to perhaps we will see Demi-belles. Hopefully a happy ending for all

Spoiler

But please do go on(?)

21 minutes ago, Ninjapacman said:

A question I ask myself every day.  Oh if only you knew the horrible machinations within my mind....

I think i was trying to discribe what my victory is going to look like in my mind. I was thinking of somthing like lee enfield from frontline but in navy colours minus the rifle of course not sure on her physical appearance yet. i'm almost set on the hair going with a long french braided just stuck between red or black at the moment

lee enfield.jpg

amazing-french-braid-master-this-classic-braided-technique-in-for-long-hair-styles-and-popular.jpg

1 minute ago, lazarusdw said:

I think i was trying to discribe what my victory is going to look like in my mind. I was thinking of somthing like lee enfield from frontline but in navy colours minus the rifle of course not sure on her physical appearance yet. i'm almost set on the hair going with a long french braided just stuck between red or black at the moment

lee enfield.jpg

amazing-french-braid-master-this-classic-braided-technique-in-for-long-hair-styles-and-popular.jpg

HMS victory with a french hairstyle?  I hardly think you’ve thought this through.  We’ll start with the obvious.  What is her most famous battle, and who was it against?

6 minutes ago, Ninjapacman said:

HMS victory with a french hairstyle?  I hardly think you’ve thought this through.  We’ll start with the obvious.  What is her most famous battle, and who was it against?

i know she's famous for beating the french but that's the hairstyle i want but your probably right. should figure out her personality first I just imagine her going wild in fight 104 cannons firing braid flying in a chaotic cloud of powder smoke, but i'm not sure what she's like out of a fight

1 hour ago, lazarusdw said:

or late at night, sleep is very important

I’ll have you know that about 80% of my writing occurs between the hours of 9:00PM and 3:00AM.  Writing at late night tends to turn out very well for me.

3 minutes ago, lazarusdw said:

yes but in my case I was very tired. So I guess the right thing to say is don't write when tired

HAHAHAHA.  I laugh at your puny excuses to not write.  I write even when I'm asleep!  I write when I'm drunk!  I've never thrown out a draft!  This probably speaks volumes about why my quality of writing is so inconsistent.

I refuse to stop my bad habits, and will continue to write with wild abandon

1 minute ago, Ninjapacman said:

HAHAHAHA.  I laugh at your puny excuses to not write.  I write even when I'm asleep!  I write when I'm drunk!  I've never thrown out a draft!  This probably speaks volumes about why my quality of writing is so inconsistent.

Hide contents

I refuse to stop my bad habits, and will continue to write with wild abandon

oh no you continue to write the way you want. I however will have a notebook near my bed so I don't post my rubbish online

1 hour ago, lazarusdw said:

oh no you continue to write the way you want. I however will have a notebook near my bed so I don't post my rubbish online

I feel like half the fun of all this comes from posting it online.  What's the point of making hilarious mistakes if you can't share them with others?  Of course, it's all now permanent, so if one is particularly interesting.... Well let's just take Bob Ross's advice and think of it as a "Happy Mistake"

• 1 month later...

Old lore question that I didn't get a answer too. As we know from past update that the United States government has decided that belles are close enough to human That they can be taxed. Are they able to run for public office, like could we see Senator Boise and in case anyone says that Boise would solve political problems with gun fire. All I can say is it would not be the first time political differences were solved with guns.

Also how are belles viewed in other countries are they foreign soldiers fighting under there flag or are they citizens. 

• 1 month later...

Ok here's a few questions, I once asked if a belles future was set in stone or if it could be changed. I was told yes that the future was ours to set. Does this include bigger events too. Because I've been thinking about pearl harbour and how the IJN would have just over a year from the inspiration for pearl too figure out. How to get passed all the morgana's in the Pacific. Which I don't think is doable within the time available 

Question 2 is to expand on the power of names. It's been said that a belle has a connection to any ship past and present that shares a name. Now my thoughts have been is it possible to revive a belle though the power of names. If heavens forbid that a belle was lost could you bring her back if you built a replacement ship of the same class. Then named it the same as the lost belle would she come back or would a new belle appear. Or worst would it be something else something monstrous. A fitting question for the season

4 hours ago, lazarusdw said:

Question 2 is to expand on the power of names. It's been said that a belle has a connection to any ship past and present that shares a name. Now my thoughts have been is it possible to revive a belle though the power of names. If heavens forbid that a belle was lost could you bring her back if you built a replacement ship of the same class. Then named it the same as the lost belle would she come back or would a new belle appear. Or worst would it be something else something monstrous. A fitting question for the season

I believe I can give you an idea of the answers to these... it was stated in the Kickstarter for both.  We’ll start with the latter.  I believe in the death day’s update it was said that if a belle is lost, you can get her again, but she very much won’t be the same... (ominous foreshadowing) and that’s basically all we know on that.  However building a new ship and naming it the same falls under a question twoheavens asked, for which they gave the answer that ships of the same name sort of are like past lives.  It would be a different girl, but deep down she could recall the “feeling” of being the hypothetical prior belle of the same name.

8 minutes ago, Ninjapacman said:

I believe I can give you an idea of the answers to these... it was stated in the Kickstarter for both.  We’ll start with the latter.  I believe in the death day’s update it was said that if a belle is lost, you can get her again, but she very much won’t be the same... (ominous foreshadowing) and that’s basically all we know on that.  However building a new ship and naming it the same falls under a question twoheavens asked, for which they gave the answer that ships of the same name sort of are like past lives.  It would be a different girl, but deep down she could recall the “feeling” of being the hypothetical prior belle of the same name.

yes but that was different class same name I was thinking same class and name. Which does give me an Ideal for a prank but I will need Jamaica or black swan and amethyst

I think I'll go with Exeter and Jamaica for this.

captain smells smoke and go's to investigate.

appears

Mahan

Exeter?

and a few others

captain: Mahan why is there a open fire in the middle of the room.

Mahan: Well captain Exeter? said if I listen to a ghost story then that would count as a gift.

Exeter?: And what's a ghost story without the right atmosphere.

captain: You know what this could be worse so I'll let it slide.

Exeter?: Care to join us captain maybe loan Mahan a arm to cling to.

Mahan: Exeter?!!!!

will write the rest in the morning