Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 84 - of Hearts

von_Lipstig

Well they certainly have my number. I did ask solely to cause trouble. *bows* You're welcome for my service. Shots across the bow to me aside there were some pretty serious shots taken at all manner of Belle and human alike, and is it just me or did Belfast call Mahan fat?

That said I concur with Arby, the ladies handled my immature question very maturely and the answer was excellent. Hats off to the writing team member who had to write this one up. More Belle's with minor screen time for these!

1 hour ago, TwoHeavens said:

Well they certainly have my number. I did ask solely to cause trouble. *bows* You're welcome for my service. Shots across the bow to me aside there were some pretty serious shots taken at all manner of Belle and human alike, and is it just me or did Belfast call Mahan fat?

I believe the implication is that post-War, Mahan would get into couch-potato-with-a-book mode and get less exercise.

No exercise + all the food she likes = a well rounded figure  :P

54 minutes ago, Panay's Ghost said:

I believe the implication is that post-War, Mahan would get into couch-potato-with-a-book mode and get less exercise.

No exercise + all the food she likes = a well rounded figure  :P

Maybe Belfast wants to avoid the INPF Library for a couple weeks once the transcript of this gets around the fleet.

12 hours ago, Procyon said:

They basically summed up the question like Short Round.

200.gif

i know it kinda kills the fantasy that some of us have but judging how VB has been doing things kinda had the feeling they would take the close to real life approve without hampering immersion and fun. 

(cries in a corner for no Harem T_T)

48 minutes ago, AuraForte said:

i know it kinda kills the fantasy that some of us have but judging how VB has been doing things kinda had the feeling they would take the close to real life approve without hampering immersion and fun. 

(cries in a corner for no Harem T_T)

(Pats back) Is okay, there may be some who could be in to it.

Well, that was entertaining. The girls sounded a little offended.

It was amusing how they imagined Mahan letting herself go after the war and gaining "torpedo bulges" XD. Clearly, Belles see romance and love differently from most humans, especially most humans at the time. Being ships, they probably don't experience much in the way of sexual desire, if any at all, and it stems more from a desire for intimate companionship (no pun intended). Since they can't have children and whether or not they have gender can be argued by some, sexuality might be totally irrelevant to them as well.

1 hour ago, Pillwalker said:

Well, that was entertaining. The girls sounded a little offended.

It was amusing how they imagined Mahan letting herself go after the war and gaining "torpedo bulges" XD. Clearly, Belles see romance and love differently from most humans, especially most humans at the time. Being ships, they probably don't experience much in the way of sexual desire, if any at all, and it stems more from a desire for intimate companionship (no pun intended). Since they can't have children and whether or not they have gender can be argued by some, sexuality might be totally irrelevant to them as well.

You don't know if they can have kids or not. For all you know, that's how PT boats are born

1 minute ago, Wellington99 said:

You don't know if they can have kids or not. For all you know, that's how PT boats are born

And what, the PT boats eventually grow up to be Battleships? :P

Well, I guess they'd be CGs or CVs or subs since traditional gun Battleships will be superseded by guided weapons. Although, I would argue that the concept of a battleship is not depended on the gun and that a missile-toting battleship would also be very dangerous. And where would the PT boats be born from? Or would they be "hatched" in some way from a belle's *ahem* "slipway"?

3 hours ago, Pillwalker said:

And what, the PT boats eventually grow up to be Battleships? :P

Well, I guess they'd be CGs or CVs or subs since traditional gun Battleships will be superseded by guided weapons. Although, I would argue that the concept of a battleship is not depended on the gun and that a missile-toting battleship would also be very dangerous. And where would the PT boats be born from? Or would they be "hatched" in some way from a belle's *ahem* "slipway"?

...<_<

Remember that the Captain can also be a woman.

What may result when a ship's spirit and a Captain "love each other very much" is a whole separate question...and putting the cart before the horse, anyway.

5 hours ago, Pillwalker said:

Belles see romance and love differently from most humans, especially most humans at the time. Being ships, they probably don't experience much in the way of sexual desire, if any at all, and it stems more from a desire for intimate companionship (no pun intended). Since they can't have children and whether or not they have gender can be argued by some, sexuality might be totally irrelevant to them as well.

Some of these Belles have whole cities/ states/ countries/ cultures full of lusty people for a namesake and sailors are historically lusty people, so I doubt it.

Still, the Belles are all commissioned ships of war, with a mission in front of them.  I'm sure some put that before their own passion:

Besides, there are some Belles that think of it as... well, just an issue of allocating a common resource as needed.

Like excess supplies of corned beef.

32 minutes ago, Panay's Ghost said:

Remember that the Captain can also be a woman.

About that...

I don't think it was even possible for a woman to hold such rank(remember we're talking 1939 here). So it's very likely that, regardless of the player's gender, the "Captain" entity might always be regarded as a male.

I invite you to find a single reference to the captain's gender in anything that has been written and released by BCS for VB.  You won't.  There's a reason for that and they've gone well out of their way to preserve that ambiguity.

Kindly don't poke your dick at my dreams and aspirations.  I don't appreciate it. <_<

Also: 

I think how "romancable" a certain Belle will be, will be depending highly on her character. At least I hope so. A lot of them will put duty first, but a few come to mind who will probably try to get a shot at the captians heart.
All the more fun if it's a Belle you don't really want to do so....

And how much @DrYuriMom dreams about a certain thing leaves even me cautious to even consider to talk to the turks for the danger of suddenly getting a certain ship and invoking jealousy. *sweats*

All in all a nice update as a reminder to keep "it" in your pants gentlemen. Or as they say in my hometown: "Erst die Arbeit, dann das Vergnügen." (First the work, then the pleasure/joy) And the war against the bri... I mean the Morganas is a lot of work for sure.

Nah, it's all good, Korky.  My issue earlier was with the claim I can't even exist in the game.  The old "No gurls allowed" shtick that Dmnt seems to subscribe to. 

"Your world of starship captains doesn't admit women" - Janet Lester

That's bullpuckey

We've learned a lot since 1939 and gladly the Belles are ahead of their time. :D

Okay, Korky and I are currently sharing a lovely text conversation about the inherent flaws of continental languages, :P

Yes, because of the fundamental misogyny (:P) of Spanish and German, anyone who knows those languages will have recognized that the honorifics used to refer to the Captain were masculine.  This is because most everything is gendered in both languages...and anything having to do with warfare is pretty much guaranteed to be male.  BCS can't maintain the technique they use in English and Japanese with the continental languages.

That doesn't change the fact that there are women in the continental militaries or that BCS's intent is not to gender the captain, but I thought I'd throw this out in Dmnt's defense.  Not that this changes that I'm still waiting for an apology for all the females of the gaming world. <_<

So, in order for everything to work, the player's gender should need to be specified at some point of the game...
Also, all spoken phrases in languages which have distinct words for a male or female captain(and that are directly mentioning it) will need two different recorded versions.

5 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

DYM;

Yep, those cursed Romance languages throw a wrench, but we do what we can. :)

Actually, it's everything but English and Japanese that's gendered, I believe. :)

That's true of extremely polite and polite forms of Japanese, but in more casual settings it has gender-specific personal pronouns (I/me, we, you).

Any woman will come across as tomboyish even now if she uses boku to refer to herself.  In '39, only a woman masquerading as a man would do it. 

Archived