Black Chicken Studios Forums

Seasonal Belles Commission

David J

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... how do the "regular" votes go?

I'm understanding every user can cast any number of votes? (obviously, no duplicate votes)

For now, I'll vote Kirov for summer if that's still possible.

3 hours ago, Dmnt said:

So... how do the "regular" votes go?

I'm understanding every user can cast any number of votes? (obviously, no duplicate votes)

For now, I'll vote Kirov for summer if that's still possible.

I just assumed every user gets two votes for each season.  That would make sense.  Since there's two belles in each season, everyone picks up to two belles that they want per season, and then the most popular two for each season gets chosen.  You've already put in your auto for Bearn in summer, and with Diether being the second first pick, also in summer, as it currently stands, there's no place for kirov.

I'll be casting my votes.

For Easter, my two votes go to Kirov and Nenohi.

For Halloween, I vote Henley(pumpkin pie, anyone?). I'm not casting my second vote yet.

As for the newly opened Christmas... I vote Leningrad. For the second vote... I have two candidates, so I'll need to think more about it.

As is described in the updated first post, I will be commissioning a Mardi Gras 2018 work to include Naw'lins and a voted Belle. So feel free to also place votes for No Boat's companion for Fat Tuesday. :-)

David and I are collaborating such that no Belle will be eligible for more than one work. Therefore New Orleans isn't votable now. We want to spread the wealth. :-)

2 hours ago, DrYuriMom said:

As is described in the updated first post, I will be commissioning a Mardi Gras 2018 work to include Naw'lins and a voted Belle. So feel free to also place votes for No Boat's companion for Fat Tuesday. :-)

David and I are collaborating such that no Belle will be eligible for more than one work. Therefore New Orleans isn't votable now. We want to spread the wealth. :-)

In this case I want to see a happy Mardi Gras Leberecht Maass tripping over all her beads.

Or haplessly trying to earn them

3 hours ago, AuraForte said:

I wanted Maid Belles due to personal reasons but.... since it's not available i guess i'll vote for Bunny Belles

Don't fret. @Lolwut has that covered, if I'm not mistaken.

Also I'll reinstall my Christmas pair of Leningrad and Pola then.

And for DYM's Mardi Gras thing..... *inhales slowly*.....Köln..... *exhales slowly* if that's not possible I'll second Leberecht Maass.

20 hours ago, Käpt'n Korky said:

Don't fret. @Lolwut has that covered, if I'm not mistaken.

Also I'll reinstall my Christmas pair of Leningrad and Pola then.

And for DYM's Mardi Gras thing..... *inhales slowly*.....Köln..... *exhales slowly* if that's not possible I'll second Leberecht Maass.

HEHEHEHE i'm not that good  just do it for fun while i wait for the game 

7 hours ago, Käpt'n Korky said:

It might be possible if her art's revealed before the date of the Commission.  As for Christmas, which I have yet to vote for, I'll put in a second for Pola, and maybe we can see how Arizona handles a much happier (and colder) part of December.

Okay, Korky, ya gotta riddle me this.  What would Köln's connection be to Mardi Gras?  For that matter, would any respectable German let loose to that extent? :huh:

(I keep pushing back on when I will be accepting commissions, but I'm prob not as good as the artists that David J had picked out, lol)

I'm a bit confused, there will be commissions based on seasons but I see people mentioning a bunch of holidays too. How is this split up?

31 minutes ago, Mignonette said:

(I keep pushing back on when I will be accepting commissions, but I'm prob not as good as the artists that David J had picked out, lol)

I'm a bit confused, there will be commissions based on seasons but I see people mentioning a bunch of holidays too. How is this split up?

There's a holiday per season.  Easter is spring/bunny belles.  Summer is Bikini belles.  Fall is Halloween belles.  And winter is Christmas belles.

7 hours ago, DrYuriMom said:

Okay, Korky, ya gotta riddle me this.  What would Köln's connection be to Mardi Gras?  For that matter, would any respectable German let loose to that extent? :huh:

None of the respectable German Belles would do let loose to that extent. Which is why I proposed the one that would. The reasons are obvious for most Germans. And I really have to bite my tongue here not to use very foul language and sound calm. @MisterBottle or am I wrong?
For Lebi, I find the idea of ninja funny. It made me chuckle, so I go with it. I will otherwise not come up with an idea of my own on this topic. But if someone puts out a better proposal than ninja, I'll second that one.

Personal vote

Bunny Belles Nenohi and Pola for lols

Winter Belles D'Aosta and Canarias 

Halloween Belles Wicher and Camicia Nera

Mardi Gras I third Leberecht Maass

Bikini Belles (Bearn) (Diether) Lock

Mardi Gras

Leberecht Maass

Bunny Belles (2 Open votes)

4 Nenohi  

1 Pola

1 De Ruyter

1 Lexington

Halloween Belles (2 Open votes)

3 Wicher

1 Voykov

2 Camicia Nera

Rawalpindi 

Winter Belles (2 Open votes)

1 Leningrad

2 Pola

1 Arizona

1 Canarias

1 D'Aosta

On 10/12/2017 at 4:03 PM, Dmnt said:

I'll be casting my votes.

For Easter, my two votes go to Kirov and Nenohi.

For Halloween, I vote Henley(pumpkin pie, anyone?). I'm not casting my second vote yet.

As for the newly opened Christmas... I vote Leningrad. For the second vote... I have two candidates, so I'll need to think more about it.

I think my votes weren't counted(?)

Also, I add Moskva as my second vote for Winter.

@Dmnt sorry probably was not paying attention

Bikini Belles (Bearn) (Diether) Lock

Mardi Gras

Leberecht Maass

Bunny Belles (1 Open votes) (Nenohi)

1 Pola

1 De Ruyter

1 Lexington

1 Kirov

Halloween Belles (2 Open votes)

3 Wicher

1 Voykov

2 Camicia Nera

Rawalpindi 

1 Henley

Winter Belles (2 Open votes)

2 Leningrad

2 Pola

1 Arizona

1 Moskva

1 Canarias

1 D'Aosta

@DrYuriMom asked me specifically to post the following biased facts about a certain german city for Mardi Grass reasons.

Spoiler

Beware. Foul language ahead....

Spoiler

And hatespeech....

Spoiler

lots and lots of hatespeech...

Spoiler

and just to be sure: You might feel triggered. Omnipotent trigger! (I don't know what stuff can "trigger" people, so I say it may trigger anyone.)

Spoiler

Make up your mind and stop!

Spoiler

Repent!

Spoiler

sigh okay. Last one. You seem to really want it.

Spoiler
Okay, about Köln, the whore at the Rhine.

first of all Köln is corrupt in every corner of its streets. They even have an euphemism for it "kölsche Klüngel", which sounds cute but just means a very elaborated system of corruption. Not necessarily with money but with favours for favours. You give I.O.U.s, you receive I.O.U.s. Practically the whole city is a Mafia on it's own. Or at least it's infamous for it. And the city is also known to be a rather save haven for organised crime. The whole city is like a Yakuza, they commit crimes, but watch out it doesn't go out of hand. And everybody tags along or is a student or tourist. Köln is a very old, roman city and rumors has it the "kölsche Klüngel" is as old as the city itself.
"Klüngel" itself has a few more negative associations, but corruption is its main aspect. Pracitcally it can also mean sluttish, slobbish, blowsy, sloppy, sleazy, careless or neglient. 

The town of Köln got city rights on the 8th of July 50 (in words: fifty). And how did they get it? The empress was born there and wanted her birthtown elevated. And since she was at it, Köln was also made capital of the province germania inferior. So nepotism is what got Köln on the tracks in the first place. And it never stopped.

Even citizens of Köln complain about it sooner or later. Just ask them about their city archive collapsing in 2009, or anything else going on in their city. 

Secondly Köln is and was always known for prostitution. Hamburg might have the best known red light district but it's of normal size in comparison to many other cities of similar size. 
Köln on the other hand has (or at least had for many, many years) the biggest brothel in europe. They even bragged it was the biggest in the world. They have a huge scene for street prostitution and it wouldn't be Köln if the city, the police and the organized crime didn't work together somehow. Lately there have been a few crackdowns on the milieu, but only after enourmous pressure from Düsseldorf (Kölns intimate enemy and state capital of Northrhine-Westphalia). And the good people of Köln made sure to limit the success of those measures.

And nowadays Köln is 4th largest city in Germany and known for TV-shows! But only shabby, at social welfare receivers aimed TV shows. Nothing of "higher" quality. Some sleazy soap operas and talk shows. But Köln is proud about it as Hollywood is about its Film industry. They also are the headquarter of the pretty influental "Westdeutscher Rundfunk" (WDR; west german broadcasting). Which has the semi-secret agenda to convert us all to the "kölsche Lebensart".... or at least make us all Rhinlanders. It even managed or at least contributed to blurring or killing some westfalian dialects and everyone in the country, including me, is at least familiar with the dialect from Köln and can speak it to a minimal amount. Bloody imperialists.

If you accuse me of fake news filled hatespeech now, you're probably right about the hatespeech. I warned you. But compare "Kölner Karneval" with Mardi Grass. That's the obvious connection, even if you won't believe the other stuff. 

And Köln is the LGBT capital of germany, but I don't know if it took that title away from Berlin after the war or if the LGBT scene was big there before 1945 as well. You'd have to check that on your own, if interested. Just check out their CSD parade and COLOUR Cologne. Yes, with "U", we were british zone after all.

It's still a vote and not a fiat decision, but for what it's worth I am voting for Köln as New Orleans' partner in crime companion for Mardi Gras. :-)

10 hours ago, DrYuriMom said:

It's still a vote and not a fiat decision, but for what it's worth I am voting for Köln as New Orleans' partner in crime companion for Mardi Gras. :-)

From what I've seen in her art, "the Akkordeon of doom" is my first try for a nickname....

I should open commissions sometime early next year if all goes well. I could be a third string artist if the other 2 chosen ones are unavailable at the time (that is if David J likes my art enough, lol).

lol I tried

Archived