Black Chicken Studios Forums

Help needed to create my first student :)

Von-Wulfen

6 minutes ago, Schwarzbart said:

The Legate told us that our students also can do a test before year 2 starts if the year 1 skills are good enough for a advanced class in year 2 if we didn't take it as class.

@Von-Wulfen So far Arithmetic have no importance unless you want to join Vernin in year 2 but we also didn't get the requirements for the year 2 class so far.

Incantation is Finesse based and Finesse is more difficult to get via adventures then Insight or Intelligence so I don't think its such a good skill for the first game although there some interesting spells thought there.

Many thanks, I'll skip the Arithmetic now :)

I'll still go with incantation, I am a powerful mage in the making after all :) 

20 minutes ago, Schwarzbart said:

Incantation is Finesse based and Finesse is more difficult to get via adventures then Insight or Intelligence so I don't think its such a good skill for the first game although there some interesting spells thought there.

Yup, only Strength is more difficult. All the more reason to give Finesse more consideration in CC.

@Von-Wulfen Keep in mind you need at least three in the required attribute for a skill to study it effectively. So like Schwarzbart said, it might not be wise to spread too thin.

7 minutes ago, Marcus said:

Yup, only Strength is more difficult. All the more reason to give it more consideration in CC.

@Von-Wulfen Keep in mind you need at least three in the required attribute for a skill to study it effectively. So like Schwarzbart said, it might not be wise to spread too thin.

Ok, many thanks will consider this my next build :)

16 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

Hint for Gate Magic there is the Secret Background and for Mastery is the Purple Academy of Thai both background that give you training location after completing a adventure.

Although be prepared that both will ask for a price in later years you might not be willing to pay. 

Are you referring to secrets and silence in the "What sort of things did you do" section of character creation?

I am thinking of choosing this to get the gates magic off to a good start. Is there a way to compensate for the permanent stress level never fall below 1? 

50 minutes ago, Von-Wulfen said:

I am thinking of choosing this to get the gates magic off to a good start. Is there a way to compensate for the permanent stress level never fall below 1? 

Maximize your max stress limit. Stress limits come mainly from Fitness, so try to improve that by equipment, adventures and/or certain abilities. If you are not above save scumming a bit, you might get a point from 'Run a Training Course' abilities unlocked by Running 1.

Other options include getting certain people in your clique. Honors Plafox, for example, improves your stress max by 2 and lowers the min by 1, so purely stat wise sounds like a fit for you?

2 minutes ago, Marcus said:

Maximize your max stress limit. Stress limits come mainly from Fitness, so try to improve that by equipment, adventures and/or certain abilities. If you are not above save scumming a bit, you might get a point from 'Run a Training Course' abilities unlocked by Running 1.

Other options include getting certain people in your clique. Honors Plafox, for example, improves your stress max by 2 and lowers the min by 1, so purely stat wise sounds like a fit for you?

Looks like Bellatrix is going to have to join the Hockey Team! She won't like that lol

I can train improve my fitness by training it in my spare periods if My class does not provide it?

Archived