Black Chicken Studios Forums

Arithmetic class essential for good magic user?

Von-Wulfen

As mentioned in the other thread of yours Arithmetic have nearly no effect for year 1, also the Legate already hinted to us that in Academagia Arithmetic have no big importance.

So only if you want to become a artificer or maybe also as astrologer arithmetic is of importance otherwise its just a side skill that probably have no influence on your future education.

There is also the mention of Arithmancy but this is not thought at Academagia. 

Side note Arithmetic need you train one of the difficult skills outside of the class if you want to be good there. 

Tip for Dialectic increase Sleuthing also if you find the time.

5 minutes ago, Schwarzbart said:

As mentioned in the other thread of yours Arithmetic have nearly no effect for year 1, also the Legate already hinted to us that in Academagia Arithmetic have no big importance.

So only if you want to become a artificer or maybe also as astrologer arithmetic is of importance otherwise its just a side skill that probably have no influence on your future education.

There is also the mention of Arithmancy but this is not thought at Academagia. 

Side note Arithmetic need you train one of the difficult skills outside of the class if you want to be good there. 

Tip for Dialectic increase Sleuthing also if you find the time.

Many thanks :)

I'm kinda hopeful Arithmancy has more of a role in later years, but this is a side consideration at best for me.

I chose Arithmetic as a course skill, because it fits my goal as a healer, that knows both the magical and scientific side of things related to healing. Arithmetic -> Natural Philosophy

• 6 months later...

There were descriptions of potent ways for good arithmancy spell use, where arithmancy could be used to help control, pause, and store magical spells before unleashing them. 

There was that Lore story of a wizard that had been casting what seemed liek failed fizzlign spells before the battle began, then when the enemy arrived he finnished off his spells and unleashed a massive barrage of "stored".magic.

That had been accomplished throught the use of arthmatics skills applied to spell casting.  It can also be used for the economy skills I believe, least to a certain degree. Knowing at least basic mathematics seems liek a good idea.

Archived