Black Chicken Studios Forums

Friends and clique question

Von-Wulfen

Hi again all :) 

I notice looking at my relations panel I already have lvl 1 friendship with a number of students at my college.

Do I also need to use rest periods to actively make new friends? How important is it?

Should I worry about forming a Clique? Or will I get by ok for the early periods of the game without one?

I Notice that if I was to choose Adventure as one of my actions its says "Adventuring allows you to embark upon a dangerous task with your clique".

Does that mean I need to form a Clique to go on adventures?

First of all you should use all of your "rest" periods and not just for finding friends.

(Ok sometimes you need rest to recover from to much stress and damage but that is a exception) 

To have a clique is really help full  as they help you in adventure and event. In game mechanic the roll instead of you if their skill + ability roll is better then the one of your character.

Also every member in a clique get the special clique ability of all member as a bonus.

I have just been on an adventure with my mentor. She asked me to help someone whos book had been stolen by a plant.

I read the person description and she sounded like a nice person. But I failed in my attempt to get the book back and hence my adventure.

I reloaded from a previous save to try again. The person I had to help this time had changed, sounded horrid from their bio so I choose not to help them which seemed to make my mentor a little cross with me.

Should I try to avoid making friends with students that don't seem to be very nice people? 

5 minutes ago, Metis said:

There's no downside to increasing someone's relationship even if you don't intend to Befriend them. For bullies especially there's actually an upside, since they tend to target people with higher relationships less. Not "never", mind, just "less".

Really good point, Keep your friends close etc :) 

I did not realize how important relationships were going to be when I rolled this character and did not put any points into Charm attribute on character creation.

Is there a way for me to increase my charm base attribute?

1 hour ago, Von-Wulfen said:

Is there a way for me to increase my charm base attribute?

The first thing I do in any game is to build my clique. I choose my clique members based on their clique abilities (I know, I'm a horribly self-centered and shallow person :P). Some of these clique abilities are passive boosts to attributes, which I use to boost my lacking attributes.

If you don't mind meta gaming, you could check this list and choose your "friends" based on it:

Beware of cross-college cliques, since they tend to be more unstable and might have more negative consequences in later years. Some people also can't be fitted in one clique because they plain simple don't like each other. Zoe Melis and Milena di Montors come to mind, both good clique members, but sadly mutually exclusive.

30 minutes ago, Marcus said:

The first thing I do in any game is to build my clique. I choose my clique members based on their clique abilities (I know, I'm a horribly self-centered and shallow person :P). Some of these clique abilities are passive boosts to attributes, which I use to boost my lacking attributes.

If you don't mind meta gaming, you could check this list and choose your "friends" based on it:

Beware of cross-college cliques, since they tend to be more unstable and might have more negative consequences in later years. Some people also can't be fitted in one clique because they plain simple don't like each other. Zoe Melis and Milena di Montors come to mind, both good clique members, but sadly mutually exclusive.

Many thanks :)

Archived