Black Chicken Studios Forums

How goes the Progress for Y2?

Rhialto

Y2 will be a separate game that will come with a separate tool to import your year 1 characters.

Yes, that means without the tool, what will developed last, you couldn't even continue your Y1 save in Y2!

Wondering how much the coder team from BCS will curse the many variants of Y1 once they start to work on this tool. ;)

It might be just my guess, but they might make a cut that game before CP or DLC 1 can't be imported. The early release version was actual a quite different game, at last from what I remember.

8 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Yeah, it's possible that games made in the earliest versions can't be ported. But by and large it's matter of data conversion. It takes time, but it's not insurmountable.

More on that once we actually do it. :)

Shhhh... don't tell people that data conversion isn't really a big deal or half the devs I know will be out of jobs!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ramou said:

Shhhh... don't tell people that data conversion isn't really a big deal or half the devs I know will be out of jobs!

Don't tell this to someone who had to work at a place that had to fix all the issues that come from human handwritten form that the OCR couldn't handle. This is also "just" data conversion where even the best system today can't have a 100% success chance. 

Happy holidays to the team, Legate! Also, is it likely that we get even just an announcement about Big Progress before 2021 ends? I remember asking something similar back in 2018 around the same time and I just.... realized that Academagia had become some sort of a comfort game for me. So much so that I bought it on my second steam account just to support the devs again. I haven’t touched the game in 2019 but this break, I had enough time to play and it was nostalgic to play this game again.

I’m not expecting Year 2 to come by next year, though I fervently hope for it, but hopefully within the next few years? I know others had been discouraged because of how slow the progress had been and the is it or isn’t it kind of answers, but I’m still anticipating because the summer vacation portion is so interesting and I think it will be fun to play. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Happy Holiday, Junes!

The Team is (mostly) on vacation, but I'll certainly ping them. I wouldn't expect any announcement by the end of the year, though.

I (alas) can't say anything about when you'll have it in your hands, but I think you will *very much* enjoy summer vacation. :)

Because Free will be able to dust off his old sig and add a new addition added to it :rolleyes:?

1 hour ago, Rhialto said:

@Legate of Mineta: I hope that Sima Venesico, Miya Hikari, and Zoe melis are not portrayed with differing hairs' lengths in Y2's art, because a poem which I wrote for a Y2 adventure is depending upon all three having hair of roughly the same relative length (long or short can work with the meter).

Does your answer to this question mean that these three characters' portraits are not yet finished for Y2?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 4:28 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

Happy Holiday, Junes!

The Team is (mostly) on vacation, but I'll certainly ping them. I wouldn't expect any announcement by the end of the year, though.

I (alas) can't say anything about when you'll have it in your hands, but I think you will *very much* enjoy summer vacation. :)

I have interpreted this as meaning that by this July, some form of Y2 will be released. Is this a reasonable interpretation of the words?