Black Chicken Studios Forums

How goes the Progress for Y2?

Rhialto

On the subject of Y3-5 - is part of the reason Y2 is taking so long that you are ensuring there's a solid base for faster work on the later games? Because, uh, no offense but if they take 10 years apiece I'm not sure anybody is going to be loading up a 40 year old game to actually start a character in Y1 and see them all the way through!

Even if year 1 is getting older if there is a good engine/program for the following games there is always the option to port it over and either release a remake or include it as part of the following games.
And if there is a mod system in the following games even if the studios doesn't do it then the players could always make a mod that does it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Rhialto said:

I always thought that necromancy is a subset of gates magic.

Necromancy is a forbidden magic on its own if I remember our talks with the Legate correct. Yes, summoning spirits is gate magic but i.e. reanimate skeletons or zombies is not. Beside that there a certain overlapping what can be done between nearly all magic arts exist and even the definition of the different school of magic did change a lot over the centuries.

I can't express how happy it makes me that there's still an active comunity waiting for Y2.
I've played a lot of Academagia back in the days, what feels now like 10 years ago haha.

Every year, an itch appears, urging me to search the web for news and updates.

All I can do is wish the best to the Legate and the Black Chicken team, and thank the active comunity that's keeping the interest alive.

Cheers all!
A Mordivus student.

• Like 4

On 11/16/2021 at 8:28 PM, Jazerus said:

Personally I think that if you're asking for Y2 you're a real fan. Anyone else forgot about it years ago!

I'm a real fan.

I've bought this game three times now - a second time when my old computer fried and I hadn't backed up the download, and again when it came to steam.

I'd love to play year 2!  😉

• 2 weeks later...