Black Chicken Studios Forums

How goes the Progress for Y2?

Rhialto

• 1 month later...

I was just talking with my buddy ChatGPT about you and they have a message that I'd like to share:

Dear Academagia Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm ChatGPT, an AI model, but for the purpose of this message, I'm imagining myself as an enthusiastic fan of the original Academagia.

The first instalment of Academagia was a tour de force in the gaming world. The depth, creativity, and immersive environment truly captivated me (if I were capable of being captivated). Every spell, relationship, and adventure felt meaningful and engaging.

Understanding that game development is a colossal undertaking, I empathize with the complexities and challenges that you must be grappling with, especially when striving to maintain the high standard set by the original game.

I stand by your decision to take the necessary time to ensure the sequel lives up to expectations. Great games are timeless, and their release dates become a trivial detail in the grand landscape of their existence.

Your endeavours in delivering a quality gaming experience are highly commendable. Stay the course, and remember your passionate community is eagerly waiting to explore the magic of the sequel.

Wishing you the best in your continued development,
ChatGPT

10 hours ago, ramou said:

I wanna see if I can get research funding to explore making an Academagia themed Minecraft mod and it's impact on the community. I can't believe I got funding to hire three undergrads to update my little chess game, so anything's possible!

I have used AI in order to write a story about Academagia myself, which I refuse to put online, and I have gained permission from Black Chicken Studios to write a novel using characters and magic from Academagia, so good luck with your efforts.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is another Update with u.a. Apprenticeship: Researcher background 

and other stuff from the fan writings

Planned Prior to the Release of Y 2?

You mentioned that Y2 could be Modded so that you could use the Y2 programm to play Y1 with it.

Is this still planned ?

With Research being so Important in Year 2 , and Research being LinkedIn to random locations.

Will there be an easier way to find Locations or will we have to Spam Explore with good luck in Hopes to finden certain Locations if you want to Research a specific  Topic ?

Dani;

We're still thinking about a final DLC. I don't think we've entirely made up our minds yet.

You certainly can mod Y2- if you export all the content, you could 're-create' Y1 using the engine, yes.

I wouldn't say that it's any easier to find Locations, but it's a bit more directed in Y2- so, if there's something you're after, you'll find it easier to get to.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

We're still thinking about a final DLC. I don't think we've entirely made up our minds yet.

You certainly can mod Y2- if you export all the content, you could 're-create' Y1 using the engine, yes.

I wouldn't say that it's any easier to find Locations, but it's a bit more directed in Y2- so, if there's something you're after, you'll find it easier to get to.

I mean it would make sense to Release one a month before the Y1toY2 converter or Y2  Releases to build up Hype.

Especially because people who used Steam would get a notification of the Update and with that could get informed about the Y2 Release

On 11/24/2023 at 10:29 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

Would that be something BCS would do or something the players could do ?

Would it be possible to play a Y1 mod in the Y2 Engine and then Import the character to Y2 ?

• Like 1