Black Chicken Studios Forums

Steam Initialization failed

Endeavor

Hello! 

I'm very new to both the game and the forums, so apologies if I did something wrong regarding creating a new topic or anything!

I have a problem with launching the game via Steam. I'm using Windows 10. I get a notification saying ''Steam initialization failed. Application will be terminated.'' and will stop the game. I've tried running the app as an administrator, reinstalling, removing appcache. I'm lost and don't know what to do- I'd really love to be able to play the game myself and not resort to playthroughs. Can anyone help? Thanks!

On 4/8/2018 at 8:40 PM, Endeavor said:

Hello! 

I'm very new to both the game and the forums, so apologies if I did something wrong regarding creating a new topic or anything!

I have a problem with launching the game via Steam. I'm using Windows 10. I get a notification saying ''Steam initialization failed. Application will be terminated.'' and will stop the game. I've tried running the app as an administrator, reinstalling, removing appcache. I'm lost and don't know what to do- I'd really love to be able to play the game myself and not resort to playthroughs. Can anyone help? Thanks!

No luck finding the file, I do know where Academia.exe and whatnot is located, though.

20 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

That's an odd one- I'd also try shutting Steam down and bringing it back up as well. If you are running with Admin, though...that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm not sure either. It's really frustrating.

Just to check, did you set hidden folders to be visible? More'n likely it's in a hidden folder somewhere, and searches don't find stuff in hidden folders if they're not set to visible ('least on Windows 7, no clue 'bout 10, but...).

Archived