Black Chicken Studios Forums

Is it Possible for the Opening Scene of an Event to be in Multiple Forms?

Rhialto

For my upcoming adventure Dear Prudence, I was thinking that since Prudence is so strongly associated with Durand College, it would be nice if the opening of the adventure were capable of reflecting whether the PC is in Durand before any other choices are made by the player. Would this or other customization of an adventure stage's opening be possible?

Nor am I. You can easily have two version of the opening stage, one limited to Durand students and the other limited to non-Durand students, with the opening text changed to reflect which version you've got access to. In fact changing the entire opening text is actually easier than just changing two words in some respect, because at least in Y1, multiple versions of the same stage is the only option to have different text, so you'd need to go the whole nine yards to change just two words.

8 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

Rhialto, the wand crafting adventure of year 1 had to split in 3 different adventure paths depending on where you work on it mostly because it have different difficulty for the rolls. And not to few familiar adventures have 3 paths, one good, one evil, and one neutral.

I am not referring to branching of adventures based upon player choices during the adventure. I am talking about differing in the openings of adventures based upon choices made during character creation or earlier adventures.

You would need to write 2 different adventure with just the ability offered in year 1 for the idea from Metis because the mod tools of year 1 we got don't allow interlinking between 2 different adventure starts. (Beside that the engine of year 1 can't handle failure in the 1st adventure step that still allow you to go on with the adventure and so its best to have some kind of blanko step 1)

That why I said year 2 will need to have a better handling of the adventure starts and probably adventure interlinking compared to what year 1 allows already alone to be able to handle the different adventure endings of year 1.

Archived