Black Chicken Studios Forums

Major bug in Luti Jaconelli's Adventure

Rhialto

When playing Luti Jaconelli's Adventure, I discovered the following serious error: Stage 4: The Ruins, has only one option visible (the Insects option). After failing this option, the story text does not suggest that the PC succeeded in resolving the issue, and the player is prompted to choose another option. However, no other options are visible. Yet the confirm choice button may be pressed, causing a new screen of text to appear with no text, followed by the next adventure/event or summary of the day's happenings. After this it is impossible to continue Luti's adventure, although other adventures may be followed without problems. For what it is worth, according to the Wiki, Stage 4: The Ruins should by default have an insects option (that if successful unlocks a Poisons Option) and an Incantation Phemes option.

@Legate of Mineta: If the team decide to release a new content Patch, I reckon that it should have the following three features (and possibly a fourth!).

1. Fixing this bug that prevents characters from completing Luti Jaconelli's adventure.

2. Changing the Prodigy: Incantation background to at minimum inform characters about Theory of Incantation, so that the background's increased maximum for Theory of Incantation works.

3. restoring the Research topics The Obranabú Library and The Great Lecture Hall at Schohanwicht and their accompanying lores and rewards

(4. creating an object for characters to receive as a reward for helping the graduating student during Kaliri).

That's unfortunate. I'm kind of surprised that managed to slip through the cracks. On one hand, I'd want that fixed, but on the other, I feel it can wait until Y2 finally crosses the finish line.

I don't mean to sound callous, but I think another unscheduled patch at this point might delay Y2 by over a year, especially if the amount of content in it kind of snowballs to take advantage of the fact that there will be one. Just promise us it gets put on the back burner, please.

The biggest problem I think is that for a new patch BCS will have to take the year 2 engine and have it make again working with year 1 before the year 2 engine is complete finished. SO its probably best to finish year 2 before going back to fix the remaining bugs in year 1.

(At last my understanding is that the Steam release versions are actual using the year 2 engine at last partial and the biggest slowdown BCS current face for year 2 is the codding part. That means if BCS now bring out a code fix for year 1 it ultimate will delay year 2 by the full time the programmer need to fix the code issues in year 1)

• 3 weeks later...

If they do decide to do a patch, I'm fairly sure they'll wait until they have a list to implement before going ahead with it. One thing is barely worth screwing with, honestly. Especially since they really hadn't planned on doing another patch.

On 12/14/2018 at 8:59 PM, Rhialto said:

@Legate of Mineta: If the team decide to release a new content Patch, I reckon that it should have the following three features (and possibly a fourth!).

1. Fixing this bug that prevents characters from completing Luti Jaconelli's adventure.

2. Changing the Prodigy: Incantation background to at minimum inform characters about Theory of Incantation, so that the background's increased maximum for Theory of Incantation works.

3. restoring the Research topics The Obranabú Library and The Great Lecture Hall at Schohanwicht and their accompanying lores and rewards

(4. creating an object for characters to receive as a reward for helping the graduating student during Kaliri).

This is the list that I have created. Others are welcome to add to it.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Legate of Mineta said:

M;

1.  Mea culpa. Aaran's second adventure is not in the game. Instead, foundational pieces are spread around with a part 3 in Y2. :(

2.  Miya's personal ability is indeed supposed to give her +3 Acrobatics and +2 Knots/Climbing, and that's as it should be in the toolset.  If we're not seeing it in-game, there might be an issue.

3.  This is a bug; it looks like we didn't give the Ability a proper Duration.

@Legate of Mineta: Would these not be ideal for a new patch for Y1 also?